PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Didn’t he still fail the trial despite having infinite attempts because that’s how Chad of a Necron Trazyn is?

1 Like

Draenei lady: Give us the disc.
Elisande: No.
Draenei lady: Pwease?
Elisande: OK.

Truly one of the writing of all time.

Doesn’t she literally die in Nighthold? I’m not sure this is how time-travel works. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4X9Ksutffg

It looks like the Tyr guys go back in time to track down a disc that she has for some reason(?) and she’s like “okay well whatever nerds you can have it lmao bye I already got what I needed” and then just nopes out of the timelines??

I’m sure there’s more context from the quests themselves.

Shouldn’t this have immediate and disastrous consequences given that the Bronze dragon quests in this expansion have literally been us going back in-time watching people do this same stuff and it always ends up having some massive unforeseen consequence on the past, present and future. E.g., the infinite troll kept trying to save her sister, and it leads to loads of whelps dying.

So if Elisande leaves before the Legion and raid happen then why is she there during Legion and the raid? Is it a different Elisande? A COSPLAYER? An Elf-Sona!?

2 Likes

I haven’t played DF so forgive me for asking, but isn’t the whole identity of the Bronze Dragons built on that you do not mess with time at all and if someone tries, they will fix it and protect it?

Or is that no longer a thing?

Yes and no. They do fix the things that go out of shape but Nozdormu when we help reunite the Infinites and Bronze into one Dragonflight says that maybe its okay to sometimes change time so uhhhhhhhhhhh. . .

You may realise this creates a massive paradox because you cannot be both fixing time going wonky but also be okay with time going wonky (when you want it to?)

3 Likes

This seems bound for disaster, and I am unsure if I trust this to actually be addressed/the writers being aware of this or they genuinely just think its fine.

2 Likes

I think they should just be completely banned from typing or writing the words “time” “travel” and “space” within the same paragraphs tbh.

Also just banned from trying to do time-travel in general.

3 Likes

With their current track-record, yes absolutely.

1 Like

One of the many reason why no writer should touch the toxic can of worms that is time travel with a 100 ft pole unless that’s specifically what your franchise is about in a major part.

Like, really PS1-PS2 era games are handling time travel stuff in less egregious way than current Blizzard here and they were all just “Hmmm, what if our heroes could time travel, leading to wacky and fun platforming sections?”.

1 Like

Blizzard delving into time travel (again) fills me with dread.

4 Likes

Time-travel is one of those things that there needs to either be a really thought-through and strict rule/code to how it works in that universe, and then strongly adhering to it and good writing.

Or absolutely no rules whatsoever but then also no story or writing whatsoever(if its a game).

Like, a video game can have zany time travel fun, but then there needs to be no plot or the most basic of ones and just go with the wackiness. Or it needs to be actually properly developed.

Blizzard does a weird/poor job of both.

1 Like

It’s just a self-sabotage to your narrative to have an entire people capable of spoiling you the entire story as it goes. You’d almost demand that the Bronze Dragonflight to be composed of emotionless people or severely detached from their mortal feelings to the point where the countless deaths, the unspeakable suffering they have to ensure happens would shatter their psyche. Also can someone tell me if the PC has ever been requested by the Bronze to ensure a happy event does happen? Best I can think of is Thrall’s escape and even that came with a lot of (justified) bloodshed.

If the Infinite had been a kind of Bronze rebellion or the metaphysical manifestation of their repressed emotions enacting what the heart was dictacting but never fulfilled, that would have been interesting, just sayin’.

Before, Nozdormu was at least restrained by the goal of a true timeline but again, what’s to stop him from spoiling the entire future right here, right now? The DM that is Blizzard is the answer of course but technically he can. Why couldn’t any Bronze or Nozzie himself have a line of petitioners asking them to rescue one of the many nameless people who died at a critical moments in history? Is leaving Private Jenkins die at the hands of a pack of ghouls truly essential?

5 Likes

The proper in-game explanation would/should be from Nozdormu that even the smallest change could alter things massively. By saving Private Jenkins, they might go on to have a family that didn’t exist before, who in turn might in their stead help people who should have died in the main timeline, which leads to more events and perhaps one of those people ultimately causes some great horrific event.

1 Like

Given they’re super powered again, they may just be able to alter crud to work out as it should in some way…
So I’m going to assume that’s what happens as it’s less of a headache to consider.

1 Like

I honestly think that the bronze and the infinites alike should’ve been kept as much in shadows as possible. Dealing with them directly brought nothing but a complete sense of powerlessness, and worse, hopelessness IC and OOC at once. Because if some dragon decides that you’d best not exist… well, too bad. Even Deathwing at least accepted followers.

3 Likes

Eternus: The portal to the Nighthold is ready. I have tried to place you out of immediate danger.

Nozdormu: Be careful. This is not our timeline, but with the knowledge Elisande could potentially gain from the disc, she could be a threat to us all.

Different timeline.

And what’s worse, Deathwing and Malygos at least played by the rules. You could run, hide, not be a mage or outright come to their service and you’d survive whatever apocalypse they were about to bring, but bronze don’t even heed their own laws, not to mention things like mercy, dignity or common sense. Like said, it’s like if a DM simply didn’t deny any of their request and didn’t give a damn about everyone else around.

1 Like

To be fair thats been Nozzy since atleast the War of the Ancients where he allowed Korialstrasz to save a bunch of blue dragon eggs to ensure the blues didn’t go extinct (and afaik, Kalecgos was one of those eggs).