PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Having tried (and often failed) to have a look around Amirdrassil, I very much like what I have seen so far. The area around the new Dream portal is excellent and filled with Druid npcs of the various circles (Claw, Talon, Branch, Moon, Antler, Ashen). That area combined with the barrow den in the Fields of Reverie makes it wonderful for Druid rp.

Uuh, what? Never heard of those!

They’re followers of Ashamane, found in Val’sharah. Back when they forgot Druids of the Claw represent both Bear and Cat form.

6 Likes

I mean, originally, Druids of the Claw were only able to transform into bears, then came vanilla WoW and Druids of the Claw & Talon overlapped and they threw in some extra forms, which only got some “proper” lore, meaning they got their own organisations, come Legion with the
Druids of the Antler(stagform),
Druids of the Moon(Moonkinform),
Druids of the Ashen(Saberform),
Druids of the Branch(Treantform), &
Druids of the Fin(Sealionform)

So I do think they’re a fine addition, just that their name sticks out compared to the other Druid organisations :thinking:

5 Likes

I am definitely a proponent for more, distinct, Druid circles. It makes sense to me and creates variation among RP characters.

3 Likes

Worgen should embrace packform again, I think that would be cool+sick nasty

2 Likes

I would like a wolf form glyph for Cat form, to be honest. It could easily be explained by the group at Talonbranch having managed to use the Scythe of Elune to temper the form.

3 Likes

Druid of the Fang was so close, why didn’t they pick that?? I like the others though.
[Edit] Oh wait, nevermind, I had forgotten the scalie druids

3 Likes

I’m still waiting on worgen/night elf customisations like worgen/Gilnean one!

Well, I always found it dumb that Druids of the Claw were both bears and cats!

Yea, Vanilla-to-Cata Naralex and his group of corrupted Snakeform Druids are called Druids of the Fang…

Wish they appeared as a group freed of corruptiob, next to their Shan’do again😩

2 Likes

Huh I thought they turned into the Fang after Naralex was trapped in the nightmare and the cave was corrupted and drove the druids mad.
even so I was under the impression we killed them all in the process.

Well Naralex is still alive and currently at the Algeth’ar Academy in Thaldraszus.

“The Druid of the Fang were a group of druids found in the Wailing Caverns. Once part of an order of noble druids, the group, led by Naralex, sought to use the Caverns’ underground springs to restore the Barrens to the lush and fertile land that it once was, using the power of the Emerald Dream.”

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Druids_of_the_Fang#cite_note-3

It’s left pretty unclear whether they formed the Druids of the Fang after the fact, or whether the Druids of the Fang were corrupted into being. So, you’re not particularly wrong for getting that impression, as they don’t really say for certain which one it is, iirc.

1 Like

Have I completely gaslit myself that cat druids were “of the Fang” prior to Legion and Ashamane’s Ashen cult?

2 Likes

I think they were, but what do I know about Druid lore???

:sweat_smile:

You have.
They have always been sneks :snake:

2 Likes

Well, damn. What were they prior to Legion, then?

1 Like

They just were ‘of the Claw’, some used the RPG lore ‘of the Wild’ (which I disagree with), or just didn’t really use the Cat form due to barely any lore to it.

Besides, who wants to be a Cat over a Bear anyway?

3 Likes

Sneaky gits clinging to traditional kaldorei ambush tactics.

3 Likes

2 Likes