PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Yea, but that has no cool visual, unlike this sick looking weapon!

1 Like

This Glaive thing is no longer a boiling frog moment. It’s nicely cooked and being eaten.

This just sucks for the sake of a skin that didn’t need explaining lore contradicting itself once again, I won’t go into a tirade about it.

1 Like

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/allstars_gamepedia/images/5/56/Illidan_Shan%27do.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170512102703

Man, we were robbed. Alongside hearthstone’s zaneyness, HotS alternate universe stuff was fun.

Elune should’ve purged his demon-hunter-ness like she did to that satyr.

I AM MY SCARS

(I don’t endorse this view, but apparently purging away demon-hunter-ness is a trait of bad dogmatic Light that makes the perpetrator deserve violent death.)

2 Likes

Only when it’s against the dude’s will.

This Demon Hunter seems to regret and want to atone for doing bad stuff and be favoured by Elune again. “Whatever light Elune may offer to illuminate my path, I will gladly follow!”

Time for him to become a musclebound priest of elune who suplexes his enemies, not some fel loser :-1:

6 Likes

Isn’t Fel closer to nature then Arcane? Or was that like old lore already?

I vaguely remember there bieng a magic chart were Fel, Nature and Shamanism were grouped together :thinking:

Completely bizzare since fel is uniquely fuelled by consuming life.

5 Likes

On the Chronicle cosmic chart, Life/Nature sits between Order/Arcane and Disorder/Fel.

On the Shadowlands version… I don’t remember and I don’t care.

3 Likes

Clearly this glaive will serve as a limitless battery for the demon hunter wielding it.

1 Like

She reached down from the heavens and gave her funniest demon hunter her largest juice box.

7 Likes

She gave us an infinite energy device and we made it a weapon.

Yeah, that seems about right. Merry moon-mas.

1 Like

Fel was corrupted Arcane in the old lore that could also be harnessed either through blood, ritual sacrifice or destruction of the living environment.

The latter ways of harnessing Fel all still exist but it isn’t corrupted Arcane magic anymore. This is why this questline is so utterly bizarre and incoherent in its message.

Edit: I’m also fairly certain the arrangement of the different magicks on the chronicles cosmic chart didn’t actually mean anything and was just random placement since the Titans were put right next to the Void and well. . .we know how well the Titans like the Void.

4 Likes

If Elune is the goddess of Life I think that An’she should be made god of the Light.

All Light comes from him, the tauren god, who has a distinctly tauren appearance.

I think it would be cool for Human Male Paladins to have to deal with that. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Annoyingly, Elune was not associated with Life until Shadowlands came along. Night elf culture rested on two pillars — druidism and worship of Elune — which were separate.

In fact, Khadgar believes Elune created the first naaru. He read it in a book somewhere so it’s totally objectively correct.

5 Likes

Joke’s on Khadgar, An’she made them actually.

1 Like

Wasn’t that chart Titan’s perspective writing anyway?

It wasn’t until it was.

Its initial publication was as an objective history. It was only ‘retconned’ into being Titan perspective long after publishing.

3 Likes

So we basically have no clue what the true orientation is of all cosmic powers.

Everything was made by mysterious snake gods who set everything down in prophecy and inscrutable purpose, milling out entire realities from infinite fractals.

2 Likes