PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 3)

The “must be level 35” thing appears to be a bug that they’re looking to address, so could be that in a few weeks it’ll be “any level” sorta deal.

Maybe.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Wait hold up, are all Arathi half-elves? I am reading some conflicting facts.

They’ll tell you that they see themselves as “Arathi” as in an ethnic group who just happens to have Elven blood coursing through them. So for example, IC if you were to call a Half-Elf that hails from this Arathi Empire on the other side of Azeroth a Half-Elf, they should respond “I’m an Arathi.”

5 Likes

Pointy ears seems to be the sole differentiator and I’ve found at least one dude with round-ears and a human model so…maybe not?
https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Symon_Corwin

In a dialogue text with one of them, you get to ask the question, and basically, it’s sort of like how the Forsaken have undead humans, night elves, high & blood elves, but they’re all calling themselves ‘Forsaken’.

The Arathi, as they believe now, have had elves living amongst them for centuries if not millenia, so, if you meet an elf, half-elf, or human of the Arathi Empire, they’ll just call themselves that; Arathi. Not all Arathi are half-elves, and not all half-elves are Arathi - but every half-elf in the Arathi Empire is an ‘Arathi’.

6 Likes

Does that mean they’re also part Troll?

1 Like

You’re entertaining a dangerous path there boyo…

Ethnonationalism defeated. Love to see it.

The Lothar gal still tells Anduin in the nicest and most vague of terms that should he ever visit the mainland, the Empire wouldn’t be too fond of all the kinds of people he surrounds himself with, so, nah.

6 Likes

The sheer amounts of self-hatred that would cause among Arathi and north rp’ers…

1 Like

Wtf I love the Arathi Empire now…

Wish more Empires and Kingdoms in Warcraft were like that!

2 Likes

Where can this be read btw? Now I’m curious!

1 Like

Yeah if you consider yourself part-silverback IRL.

1 Like

Good chance. You could say my dad was one of you saw his back.

Arathi Empire sounding more and more like an ascendant Aldmeri Dominion to me.

Good to hear that Elven-culture also influenced the Arathi :smirk:

1 Like

Soon the Return shall begin and the Arathi will arrive to the shores of Eastern Kingdoms to reclaim the empire of Thoradin in the name of their Emperor, may He live forever! All the pretender kingdoms will submit and swear their oaths anew or be conquered by the might of Arathor!

3 Likes

You don’t get to say that when it’s at least 8 years away.

The wheel turns as the wheel wills and the Empire will invade when it feels like it should invade, don´t you dare question their timing.

3 Likes