PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 3)

https://twitter.com/Skoll_Shorties/status/1796063804641489137

Good news, looks like we’ve got some hint of what Thrall will be getting up to.

Bad news, it’s a rehash of the same old story that he has been going through for the past decade. He’s lost his groove and needs to find it again.

7 Likes

I may be a bit cynical but it does feel like they added the story on the fly after people’s complaints. Either way, it is likely a minor part of TWW, seeing how the expansion has nothing to do with elemental spirits.

If only we had an expansion that explored elementals’ wants and needs, their hunger for freedom in a world that they perceive as oppressive; their desire for something different from our civilization, something primal… Oh, well.

Anyway. Thrall in Shadowlands didn’t do much so I don’t mind if he gets a better arc where he regains his powers in a way that feels earned.

I am not a huge fan of the “Thrall lost his connection to the elements” however. It came out of nowhere and still sounds a bit random to me. Perhaps however, with the new vein of introspection that we see in DF (and that will possibly continue in TWW), Thrall losing his powers may further explore a crisis of faith he has with himself? I would be interested to read that.

(also seeing how it has been brought up now, I can’t help but wonder if it is somewhat related to Metzen - having something like panic attacks and fear of failure)

1 Like

Men will do anything but go to therapy.

2 Likes

Maybe.

But, ironically and perhaps proving your point, you’re asking the wrong person: I am starting to believe therapy is overrated.

edit.

One of Zaphius' rants below.

It costs a lot of mojo and time (which could be used to pursue other interests) and you have a high chance of finding the wrong therapist. Seeing how:
i) Therapists often have their hands tied and cannot tell you what they truly think you should do as you’re supposed to realize that yourself.
ii) You can end up with a therapist who just does not understand you/your language – with them creating a different version of the event/reasons that make you choose X than Y, or feel a certain way.

In both cases, it is a huge waste of time and money.
Granted, I also have a friend who has improved a lot via therapy. So, it is not always a bleak prospect.

Oh for crying out loud…

At this point they should make the dude a warrior or mage since he keeps losing his Shaman powers and keeps swinging axes!

I thought this was resolved after he met his maybe-mom in the Shadowlands?

Life as a dad. Actually relatable this time.

Midlife crisis Thrall is here.

3 Likes

But not as relatable as his hairline.

https://i.imgur.com/nhvNcUw.png

3 Likes

thrall is literally me

5 Likes

I see your uncle is doing you further favoritism huh

1 Like

Tell your uncle to have the artists make reskins of the Stormwind Footman gear for Stromgarde, Kul Tiras, Gilneas and Dalaran pls

Urgh, now I’m seeing Dragonflight’s missed potential and it’s making me angry.

12 Likes

Don’t forget the complete absence of the one organisation whose goal is to mediate elemental turmoil and imbalance…

No, the token Earthen Ring member in the Waking Shore doesn’t count if he does nothing of notice.

6 Likes

Seeing all of WoW’s missed potential over the years, as an amateur writer, gnaws at the very fabric of my soul. Every damn time :angry:

3 Likes

That’s a lot of accumulated frustration.

5 Likes

Pah, Dalaran needs no stinky footmen, it needs an updated mage guard set.

Though considering how TWW begins, that’s a moot point.

2 Likes

On the one hand I agree that every nation should have their own unique (military/footmen) set.

On the other hand, muh vanilla (wo)w nostalgia were Kul Tirans, Stormwind, Theramore and Stromgarde all wore the same armour sets in different colours.

And at that point might just aswell throw in the Gilnean, Dalaran and Alterac coloured ones, I’m still flabbergasted they never did that when the footmen armor got updated for Stormwind! It’s jarting seeing Kul Tirans in the Broken Isles wearing the old set, or the Stromic footmen in Arathi!

So the new totems are definitely for the Totemic hero talents (and hopefully for Tauren afterwards as well). I guess that’s one way to pay back Druids forcing everyone to be a Night Elf Elunist with their Hero Talents.

Thrall

5 Likes

x1 Absolute Unit™

1 Like

Lmao, Blizzard are so god damn busted over what to do with the Horde. Jfc.

7 Likes