PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 3)

I remeber this, though! They promised an updated Broken Isle’s to show Suramars dome, etc etc… Only to backtrack and claimed it were OG War3 Purist that were against it, yet no trace could be found of them, lmao.

I mean sure there were a few against the idea of updating the world, assets, stories, etc… But those wouldn’t buy War3:R anyways so…

As for the updated models, I did remeber seeing pictures of Naga’s with human ears, but that was about it! Lack of communication from Blizzard to those they outsource to is a tale as old as time, just didn’t know it was that bad!

1 Like

Think it’s a massive fumble to put Diablo 4 on a pedestal above one of the most highly regarded RTS games; especially when its custom games scene has spawned some big genres.

2 Likes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GO8_2QzW0AAY40v?format=jpg&name=360x360

The mini mana bomb+theramore tabard can now be purchased for bronze, no longer requiring you to thread a level needle.

3 Likes

A good change!

I missed my Mana bomb cause I wasn’t paying attention and dinged 36 before the Scenario! :frowning:

1 Like

You can want to be able to fly, but only the reality of that ability will save you from falling off a cliff when you step off the edge.

1 Like

You are an expert parade rainer.

1 Like

Damn the Goblin short story. Yeesh, they are really intent on just fully villainizing every previous horde leader, huh? Gallywix (who was born impoverished and did actually fight for better working conditions in other stories but was constantly crushed by the Goblin capitalist machine that was beyond just his fixing) is now seen as the sole factor for why Goblins have this personality of sleezy cronyist capitalism throughout their culture and society and the entire responsibility and weight of it is put upon his shoulders and is seen as something for Gazlowe to fix within the Goblins.

It does at least acknowledge that the Goblins struggle in the Horde because a majority of the Horde are spiritual societies that place emphasis on the elements or the wilds and the Goblins pollute both, causing a lot of friction between them and the rest of the Horde.

Really begs the question though what makes Goblins unique if Gazlowe just wants to Dwarf/Gnome-ify them.

5 Likes

Someone at Blizz is really trying to crank up the already existing Jewish caricature tones to a 100.

1 Like

I think it was an alright story. - I think the biggest thing for me was finding out that Marin had made it to Trade Prince status of all of Steamwheedle, not sure that was mentioned in-game at any point but I guess it makes sense. - He is one of the most recognizable goblins.

As for villainizing previous horde leaders, idk, Gallywix was always a villain from day one, at least in how he was portrayed in-game and I think they just went with what 90% of the player base knows him as opposed to how he might have been shown in the books.

2 Likes

That new trailer. Everything with Xal’atath makes me love her more.

4 Likes

Sorry but Thrall looks so funny.

3 Likes

I wonder what Metzen meant with yet another ‘Thrall has elemental dysfunction’ storyline?

3 Likes

4 Alliance characters and then five seconds of Thrall pushed in at the end to finally shut up the Twitter users who’ve been complaining about a lack of Horde in TWW.

4 Likes

I feel extremely sorry for anyone who enjoys the villainous little :poop: 's that goblins are… or were.

I worry that it’s only a matter of time before Gazlowe becomes the face and template for every other goblin out there, full of buzzwords like healthcare and free healing potions, fair pay and maintenance.

4 Likes

I think it is good if both faction players have a reason to be excited for an expansion personally.

2 Likes

Anyone else getting the vibe that Xal’atath might not be one of the good guys?

6 Likes

I can make her worse

5 Likes

Do you happen to have her number

4 Likes

Oh yeah, like blizzard has ever made a purple woman evil :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

I wonder what she meant when she said my furious rage would be hers.

2 Likes