PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Because the Exploring (Continent) books are a scam that clearly hold no validity whatsoever beyond shutting up roleplayers for a year or two before they touch up on said continents’ lore. (See: Exploring Eastern Kingdoms and both the disappearance of any feral worgen activity or Gilnean incursions into Silverpine and the statement that Pyrewood Village had been abandoned for years and years.)

Sadly, that’s all they seem to amount to. I honestly would have preferred it if those books were just art books with twice the amount of illustrations and none of the text, and I’d have paid the full price for all of them.

12 Likes

I mean she does say it in quotation marks with an ironic delivery.

Wait. Sorry. I forgot we cannot have fun in this game. :pensive:

Illidan: Tyrande, you must know, I have always “stanned” you. Though I may have at times seemed “sigma”, I want to know, you will never by my “opp”.
Malfurion: Bruh.
Tyrande: Bruh.
Maiev: Bruh.
Shandris: Bruh.
Akama: Sus.

9 Likes

Some of us are still scarred by Cataclysm, when a significant chunk of the quests (not even world quests but genuine zone story quests) were jokes and references to pop culture and memes.

A little bit of it, like a forgettable world quest that mentions zoomies, is forgivable. Let’s hope there’s not much more than that.

9 Likes

its what bothers me about people hating on the story coz “gazlowe isnt acting like a goblin.” that mindset implies no goblin…actually no race at all…can deviate from the general stereotype of their race whatsoever. gazlowe’s one goblin out of who knows many, barely changing the view of a single goblin. its like its unthinkable that gazlowe…or any other goblin tbf… might want conditions for goblins to change so their life expectancy goes a bit higher than 30. which itself seems kinda generous as is.

How are you scarred by an expansion that launched 14 years ago.

He’s kind of always been like that too, ever since we first met him back in Warcraft 3.

Unrelated to goblin stereotypes, we’ve got our first confirmed Alliance aligned high elf dark ranger now.

All of the quests he mentioned are still in game.

8 Likes

I do appreciate it took to the last two pages for Noggenfogger to relent more than 8% of his notions on how the world work - and, that Gazlowe had no real answer for whatt if the Cartels come after them.

He’s still boring to me, and I hope we don’t kill off every goblin who doesn’t agree since I’d hate to change one monolith to another

We are all still playing a video game that released 20 years ago.

3 Likes

In the Blank Scroll short story it was noted that ol’ Gallywix had a bunch of secret artifacts he kept locked up in a vault that he deemed too dangerous for anyone - including himself! - to make use of.

Wonder what happened to that.

(it was forgotten by the writers and will never come up again)

4 Likes

was one of those artifacts the bilgewater cannon

8 Likes

More efficient working conditions and goblins haggling over acceptable work place hazards seem normal for two cartel bosses to argue over. It’s when they agree on free universal health care that it becomes a little weird and real world.

Yeah which just annoys me more with people saying its come out of nowhere since BFA. more like i dont think people looked at him close enough as a character.

and i appreciate it as well. i prefer when theres pushback to ideas, both good and bad. it makes the idea more substantial when one side finally relents or comes around to see the viewpoint of the other. gazlowe’s crew might be used to better treatment working under him but id love to see, if anything actually comes from these things, goblins in general thinking its some kind of pyramid scheme coz their unused to the notion of a safer work environment. gnomish mumbo jumbo.

brokers and fractals of course…

back in my day we owed the airborne priest corp. our lifesavings and we LIKED IT.

2 Likes

Wait, what?
…Americans. It’s always them.

Outland is my safespace. It holds the best music for me to date and still has that vanilla questing experience.

But wait, I remember Cataclysm like it was yesterday–

…14. Years. Ago.

Ouch.

8 Likes

when cata launched i still had a good head of hair and hopes and dreams

5 Likes

I think it’s fair to still be miffed that we went from an Uldum in which the Reliquary and Explorer’s League cause the zone to erupt into conflict to a Downfall goblin “nine, nine, nine” meme. Uldum is, hands down, one of the weakest quest zones in the game.

Warcraft has always had some pop culture humour, but it was never quite a detriment to narratives like it was in Cataclysm. From a goblin with a block of cheese on his head to pocket nuclear bombs.

Don’t blame people for being wary about it.

16 Likes

cataclysm was a symptom of its time. it was peak 2010’s. im not saying thats a good thing. or nessecarily a bad thing. but the likes of uldum was definetly the former.

3 Likes

A large portion of the “Main” questlines in each zone are just literal gags or references over an actual world building narrative in the Cataclysm zones. It’s to the point that its very obvious that when they revamped it, they basically had an idea that each zone would have a gimmick of some kind rather than a story.

8 Likes

It’s very “Lmao xD so zany” kinda humor.

3 Likes