https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GPXtL_Fb0AAmHna?format=png&name=small

Comes in five colours

2 Likes

Hell yea, Wizards hats!

1 Like

Still deletes hair?
Booooo, its 2024, Boooooo!

1 Like

Lilian Voss: True death is the end of the story. Anything before that is workable.

Lilian Voss really is two characters.

• Cataclysm through to Legion, she’s staunchly anti-necromancy to the point of single-minded extremism, she will stop at nothing to kill anyone who would try to violate the natural order of life and death. She also hates her own guts for being undead.
  • Battle for Azeroth onwards, she’s the most reasonable face of the Forsaken, who tries to present undeath as a reasonable way of existing on Azeroth and goes out of her way to try and help others come to terms with the complexities of unlife.

Both of these characters are reasonable concepts and they are both potentially very cool, I just struggle to see when Lilian Voss made that jump from one archetype to the other.

14 Likes

truth is lilian voss and really any character in WoW will be and will do anything that is convenient for the devs

2 Likes

Me, who remembers Shadowlands and how the inhabitants there can just pop over to the realm of the living seemingly at will: is it though

It happened off screen, where all good character development takes place

2 Likes

Yep, plus one should also have to reconcile things such as:

Voss refusing to conceive herself as a Forsaken. During Cataclysm and MoP, she’s very much a lone anti-hero.

As of Legion, she is willing to work with others, and is very much - in line with her Cataclysm, a neutral-aligned character.

In BFA she’s anti-Alliance to the point she joins the Horde, her reasons are vague and ill-defined, and basically the real reasoning is one: “this is the story so we are doing this now.”

All of a sudden, in DF, she has had a new epiphany again. And now she is pro-Alliance x Horde cooperation.

The character has zero personality at this point and it is just used to voice whatever the writers want to push forward.

10 Likes

Truly the poster child of “Consistency exists to enhance the story, not tie the hands of the writers.”

Based on the only info we have, she made that switch at some point while just vibing in our Garrison during WoD.

That’s her only appearance following her very blatantly apparent death in Scholomance before Legion.

Because after Cataclysm, during Mists of Pandaria’s dungeon overhaul of the Scarlet Monastery and Scholomance, Lilian Voss does actually get to enact the full extent of her revenge both on the Cult of the Damned, and the Scarlet Crusade. Then, after Battle for Azeroth, in which she was conscripted by Sylvanas, Sylvanas is gone.

Lilian Voss seems out of place and ‘weird’ because she’s literally the only undead character that’s got what she wanted and actually moved on to become something else, instead of, say, Sylvanas flinging herself off Icecrown Citadel after Arthas died, getting revived by the Val’kyr, and becoming a parody of herself.

And at what point does she goes through the character development that causes her to believe that it’s better to be undead than dead, and willing to help other undead come to terms with their undeath?

I can’t recall any particular point where she did that and while I can picture points where she might have gone through that character development and I can imagine adequate reasons for it, the onus is on Blizzard to show this development to us, or at least tell us when and how it occurred.

5 Likes

The problem is, we don’t have many Forsaken characters in the first place, least of all those who aren’t “mad scientists”, sorcerers or fighters/dark rangers. If there were more peaceful types trying to live it, we might not have needed Calia to rule in the first place. (as if we need her now…)

1 Like

if only we had an unliving Desolate Council member still knocking around
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Annie_Lansing

whoops nevermind lol

2 Likes

Alas, Leonid Bartholomew, this was your moment, but you continue remaining a proud Argent Crusader :frowning:

TBH we wouldn’t need any. I’d find it infinitely more interesting and entertaining if the Desolate Council was just a group of quasi supervillains who are forced to play nice by the Horde Council, lest they want a battalion of Kor’kron breathing down their necks again.

1 Like

If we want to make sense, it wouldn’t be nice for the face of the faction to be something you want to return back to the grave with good reason. Even more so to roleplay someone like this (DK and DH classes are more than enough for such attitude to me).

I’m personally in favour of races having a bit more nuance so that there’s more than one way of writing them, so I’m totally fine with the fact that the Forsaken have more moderate characters and darker characters like Belmont and Faranell.

I just think that Lilian Voss was a really weird choice for a moderate, for reasons stated above.

Also, Calia is bad not because she’s moderate, but because she’s antithetical to the Forsaken in almost every way.

10 Likes

Whyyyy, we’d been SO long without-

:face_vomiting: Oh no, it’s starting-

I also remember when Lillian Voss killed every single necromancer on the face of Azeroth and made sure no future undead could be made.

1 Like