PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 3)

He went out for milk and cigarettes and never came back :pensive:

Is Vereesa secretly working with Xalā€™atath in order to claim the power sheā€™s craved since she convinced Rhonin to arrest and execute Kaelā€™thas? This intrepid news reporter is, for legal reasons, not saying one way or the other, but I am going to ask the question.

3 Likes

Canā€™t trust any of the Windrunners

Oh she is 100% in Silvermoon now for Midnight with Arator and Turalyon. 0 doubt in my mind now. Though the fact that theyā€™re uh. . .just doing it via a dialogue option is a bit. . .poor-quality? I donno how to describe it.

1 Like

That sucks and is stupid.

3 Likes

Worst case scenario, Sylvanas returns from the Maw to help defend her homeland and the three star characters of Midnight will be the three Windrunner sisters.

Whatā€™s that? Blood elves? Oh yeah, we can have Lorā€™themar and Liadrin voice a few world quests, thatā€™ll be enough.

But as fun as it is to doompost, I donā€™t think thatā€™s actually a very likely scenario. Though I fully expect that other elves (maybe even nelves) will get to share the spotlight with blood elves, I donā€™t think that theyā€™re going to so far as to sideline blood elves to focus on the other elf subraces. I hope.

3 Likes

Youā€™ve gone and jinxed it, now ._.

I mean, I get her moving away from Dalaran with the whole Rhonin death and Horde welcomed back into it-ordealā€¦

But like you said, its so out of left field, especially with the Silver Covenant returning to guard the Alliance part recentlyā€¦ Is she stil their Ranger-General? Does she lead them from a small cottage in Stormwind or something? Where did she go to? Did she relinquish command of her High Elves to Alleria?

Only if we get Ranger-General of the Silver Covenant, Ranger-General of the Void Elves, Ranger-General of the Darkfallen and Ranger-General of Silvermoon bickering who is the one most Ranger-General-y of all Ranger-Generalā€¦

2 Likes

No.

Stop.

Iā€™m not kidding you this might be a thing and itā€™s why we must push back.

5 Likes

Godsā€¦ Sniffer are also in TWWā€¦ The one race I would not have mind they kept in their one patch in the expansionšŸ„²

1 Like

Wouldnt be out of character for her, throwback to the dream of raising her kids in Undercity.

Hmn. Hadnā€™t actually thought of that. I guess Legion was as good a time as any to Nopeā„¢ out of the Front Seat to the End of the World 3.0(??) butā€¦ Egh. I just hate how so many quite important details ALWAYS seem to be afterthoughts to the narrative devsā€¦

1 Like

Three Sisters comic took place at the tail end of Legion though, before BfA. Doesnā€™t really seem like she planned to leave at that point. Kinda the opposite, actually.

Plus the implication of she left ā€œa few years agoā€ puts it during the timeskip between Shadowlands and Dragonflight, maybe just before DF. Nothing really inciting about that. Justā€¦a random moment.

While Iā€™m on the Three Sisters and the Sunreavers/Silver Covenant, the last we heard from Vereesa on the topic was ā€œI believe the Blood Elves can still be redeemedā€ which is pretty gross! (Sylvanas said they had nothing to redeem themselves for, correctly).

6 Likes

Well, guess I am once again clutching at straws for Long Term Lore Consistency from the devs :melting_face:

2 Likes

I feel your pain.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not kidding either, I think it probably will be a thing. If thereā€™s any point when it would be appropriate for Sylvanas to return, itā€™s the threat of her homelandā€™s absolute destruction and corruption by the Void.

I think itā€™s more likely than not. Iā€™m just hopeful that they wonā€™t be so fixated on the Windrunners that they will make them the lead act and leave all other elves (especially the blood elves) in the dust, which I find far less likely.

And if thereā€™s one place where these annoying buggers do belong, itā€™s in a mostly underground expansion.

Be grateful that they donā€™t play a major part.

2 Likes

I. Just. Want. Dark Troll. Representation! :frowning:

3 Likes

Youā€™ll get your harronir and youā€™ll like 'em too.

5 Likes

redeemed for what lmao. joining the horde? having green eyes? being genocided by arthas and his girlfriend?

2 Likes

This literally makes them unredeemable!

1 Like

nightborne must love you at parties huh . . . . .