PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 3)

I’m not feeling too good, loyalist bros…

2 Likes

Hilariously: Sunreavers are now directly responsible instead of Aethas just shifting awkwardly in Thunder Isle.

Take the bell through Dalaran and help kill people in Darnassus.

They changed the Cosmic chart again but have defaulted back to the original with the Eternal Ones added now:

The differing power levels of these supposedly equal Gods on all sides is truly confusing.

Also Arthas is just chilling in an artpiece behind the Jailer, because that is 100% not Anduin in the background:

3 Likes

Idk they kinda always were? The quest (Horde side) mentions their involvement explicitly.

Furthermore, the Sunreavers of Dalaran are risking their neutrality by assisting the Horde with this operation.

The only real difference here, one that isn’t necessarily a change, is Garrosh’s directive was to kill the Sentinels.

Whereas in the game it’s explicitly a stealth mission with no fighting:-

The Divine Bell is in the city. We don’t want to cause a scene, we just want the artifact. I need you to find a way in, WITHOUT getting caught. That means no mounts, no flying, no fighting.

If you wanted to assume this isn’t a retcon, Garrosh (hothead that he is) ordered Sentinel deaths while the cool-headed pragmatic Blood Elves quietly said “nah, sneak mode only” and ignored his order. Both game and book are canon, if that’s the case.

Jailer: HE ASKED FOR NO PICKLES.

2 Likes

Though its funny that it makes it so that Garrosh knew for (seemingly?) ages the Blood Elves had been talking with Varian about an allegiance swap and he just decided the best way to deal with that was copious amounts of murder and neutrality-breaking. Do you think Garrosh was reading all the love letters between Lor’Themar and Varian that his Shattered Hand got their hands on?

“Every day, my Thalassian Sunflower bends closer to the Lion.”

3 Likes

Varian, like every single one of my characters, is bi, and therefore his death in Legion was a hate crime. Real messed up.

3 Likes

That image no longer displays, is there another source?

I wish people would stop linking images on Discord, the links eventually stop working.

2 Likes

This probably won’t be permanent but its this excerpt about “zereth mortis” (also the only one I can continuously find, so it does seem like they have swept this aside as hard as they possibly can in Chronicles apart from mentioning the Jailer going there for his Raid Boss appearance).

1 Like

Wether the Bronze or the Nightborne did makes no difference. It makes it a little less weird that it were the Nightborne now, instead of the Bronze but this should’ve forced a response from the Bronze Dragonflight since its the Nightborne now taking Mag’har(and other races) from an alternate timeline into their sacred true timeline, which should’ve garnered a slap on the wrist at best… And a forcefull removal of this invaders, who aren’t supposed to here, at worst(like we do with those invaderss from the Soridormi weekly)

But ya know, why think about consequences?

Atleast it gives the Nightborne a link to the Mag’har Orcs of Alt-Draenor and proves them usefull to the Horde.

Can’t belief the Horde is responsible for bringing about the end of days -again-, they can’t keep getting away with it!

2 Likes

He’s holding Kingsmourne so that’s Anduin.
Guess he forgot to get a haircut after he got Jailor’d.

1 Like

Dude got a whole facial reconstruction surgery because he’s got the arthas cheekbones and arthas’ stubble as well as his long hair.

4 Likes

I can barely make out his features from the grey blob that’s in the pic.
I reckon they legitimately didn’t care or it’s just secret Danuser lore that the sword was mutating him into Arthas.

2 Likes

Danuser went on record saying Slands was originally going to reveal Anduin was Jaina and Arthas child, so. . .

1 Like

WHAT? Source?

This feels too much, even for Danuser.

What? Lmao…

1 Like

That’s been my joke headcanon for years and will continue to be.

Barathen Wrynn…black of hair.
Llane Wrynn…black of hair.
Varian Wrynn…black of hair.
Anduin Wrynn…golden hair.

The seed is strong…

6 Likes

Maybe I have just been gaslit by the theory because I can’t find it on google search and frankly I cannot explain with words how spine-chilling the idea of going through the 25+ hours of Danuser’s lore interviews during Shadowlands is. Like a trauma that’s waiting for a trigger.

6 Likes

I will say that I’ve only heard it put out as jokes from forumites (me), and I think if Danuser had said it it would’ve gotten more traction in the drama space before now, so while it’s still possible he did say it, the fact I hadn’t heard about it before now kinda makes me think you’re taking my words as gospel.

As you should.

But they’re mine, not his.

4 Likes

It feels a bit strange that the Horde are the ones to do this, given that the raid was in Stormsong Valley and wrapped up the plotline for the corruption of the Sea Priests and referenced as being directly connected to the corruption of Lord Stormsong.

Then Xal’atath’s lore doesn’t actually connect to Alleria, the character she’s apparently most connected to and has a rivalry with in TWW. (What exactly is their rivalry, anyway?)

I don’t have an issue with the Horde clearing the raid or giving her the body, it just strikes me as an odd choice/missed opportunity to connect to future events.

8 Likes

As much as I enjoy Danuser dunking he never said that, although that is a very small mercy when you look at his legacy.

2 Likes

I have strange vivid memories of it being a discussion point on this very forum back during Shadowlands, but its entirely possible I’m just misremembering or its something he said in jest/elenthas is living in my walls.

I agree its odd to give it as a canonical ‘event’ the Horde committed too, especially given where it all happens but c’est la vie. I don’t think they thought too much about it beyond needing it to be the Horde because Sylvanas canonically ends up with Xal’atath in BfA.

In other news, Rastakhan’s involvement with Zul in all regards has been taken away and he was written out of being involved with MoP (which I think is a huge shame but it was probably inevitable).

2 Likes