PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Mandela effect. It’s the same as people claiming Theramore Isle was erased from existence in every alternative universe/timeline/etc. because the person doing the Scrolls of Lore spoiler preview of the book stated that, despite it making 0 sense.

5 Likes

Azeroth only has enough room for one void addled baddie

1 Like

ah. yuri. i hoped so

I’m rather appaled at the fact that there was only one canonical champion with the gift of N’Zoth, and that they cleansed it at once… somehow. There were promises that the third eye would matter someday, and here we are, being told that it doesn’t matter because it’s supposed to be torn out.

I honestly don’t know anyone who still thought it would matter once we hit 8.3 and N’zoth was just [killed], then TWW confirmed even harder that all the Old Gods were officially [Dead]. Ultimately they wrote themselves into a corner, because a majority never even bothered to do the xal’atath questline so doing any sort of payoff for the N’zoth gift would’ve been nigh-impossible.

2 Likes

You got Bilgewater Cannon’d.

4 Likes

Yeah, the VERY tacked-on ‘Your choice will matter’ was about as transparent as a window, honestly. That was never ever going anywhere meaningful.

2 Likes

Exactly why it sucks. It was understandable that it might not be important after 8.3 was over, but at least some kind of a logical conclusion for those who genuinely chose N’Zoth over the factions was the hope. Or at least something clear on whether the eyes are still around, for those trying to RP the cursed characters.

:+1: They confirm explicitly that the Forsaken “messengers of peace” were executed by the Alliance in the intervening time between WC3 and Vanilla.
:-1: They refer to Calia as the ‘rightful heir’.

2 Likes

1 Like

Llane is actually depicted with light red hair!

The genetics actually check out if you assume Varian’s mother had dark hair and he inherited the dominant dark hair gene from her and the recessive light hair gene from his father. We know Tiffin was blonde, so Anduin could have inherited light hair genes from both his parents.

Edit: Taria Wrynn, Varian’s mother, has dark skin and hair in the movie, for what it’s worth.

1 Like

You know, maybe I would’ve done the quest eventually if they hadn’t REMOVED IT.

5 Likes

There is also that part yeah, hahaha.

Also given that the horde guys just [get cured] of literal [old god corruption in their very souls] at what point are we just going to acknowledge that being void-corrupt seems to be a literal skill issue.

Everyone getting those easy-peasy cures. This now means we’re up to 4! cure-alls for Old God Corruption.

3 Likes

It actually changes, they can’t seem to settle on it, but that didn’t make for as good a joke.

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/images/d/de/Prince_Llane_Wrynn.jpg His kid model in DF has dark/black hair.
https://warcraft.wiki.gg/images/d/d6/LlanePiece.jpg His chess model has light red hair.
https://warcraft.wiki.gg/images/7/70/Llane_Chess_Artwork.jpg His chess artwork to my eyes eschews closer towards light brown.
https://warcraft.wiki.gg/images/5/5a/Llane_Wrynn_%28film%29.jpg and his film version had dark brown.

Normally kids hair gets darker as they age, not lighter (I was blonde as a small child, but it went solid brown at around ~4) until they hit grey, but I guess Llane is a weird exception if you want to marry his DF time-walking portrayal with his chess model.

Yeah, both his parents: Arthas and Jaina :sunglasses:

If I were Turalyon I’d be a little miffed with my wife ngl

3 Likes

You really can tell Void Elves were just like, made in the last 3 minutes of Legion when they realised they couldn’t refuse the idea of High Elves anymore because I literally cannot find mention of them in this book despite every other Allied Race getting sections (High Elves get several mentions though) and also because this book still does not elaborate on why Alleria didn’t just use. . .any other source of power that doesn’t turn you into a freaky eldritch abomination (I don’t care if Turalyon was into that).

4 Likes

Void Elves were always, and will always be, the weak/coward choice between ‘Just Give Us High Elves’ and ‘Broken Draenei would actually be cool and meaningful’.

2 Likes

Also there’s a new Void Lord (the Dimensius type?), who was apparently the one the WoD Voidcaller and Dark Shaman’s were getting power from and they’re called. . .

Invalid(us). . .

Because-

Because they’re. . .

[Sigh]

Edit: apparently they’ve been around since WoD but Chronicles uses the Void Lord naming scheme for him, so I’m uncertain which of the 3 types of Void Lord he is.
Void Lord
Void-Lord
Voidlord

It just is a choice to specifically put the entirety of the Alliance levelling experience including Ashvane’s prison sentence and then subsequent breakout by the Horde…before the Horde infiltration of Stormwind to rescue Talanji (and Zul).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GSl6-mkagAAME6n?format=jpg&name=medium

I’ve got no idea how you justify that with the way the war campaigns are laid out - Ashvane’s prisonbreak was added in 8.1, it wasn’t even a ‘release’ quest.

What an absolute botch of a timeline lol

The only reason Jaina+the Alliance went to Kul Tiras in the first place was…to match the Zandalari fleet.

Anduin Wrynn says: If the Horde makes allies of the Zandalari, we won’t have the power to stop them.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Then we must make allies of our own.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: My people command the most powerful navy in all of Azeroth.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: If I could bring Kul Tiras back into the Alliance…

Like this is a complete time-break to lay it out like this. Bizarre.

3 Likes

I guess Metzen came into the office and summarily executed all the Lore Guardians still employed at Blizzard for the job they have (not) done for the past 5 years. Then this was written in the interim.

Or they don’t care and the Exploring Azeroth series is just essentially in-universe fanfiction they put a price tag on.

3 Likes

Then again, maybe she does weird, kinky stuff with tentacles behind closed doors!

:handshake:

And they ended up giving us discount high/blood elves in the end anyway :crazy_face: