PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 3)

I sure love lore about a place I don’t care about with characters we don’t want nor will ever revisit.

What a waste of opportunity to have Tyrande not even go “Yo, wth Elune, vengeance was within my grasp and you took it away from me! You’re a terrible goddess. I regret ever saying -Only Elune may forbid me anything!- in the past.”

1 Like

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GSo8b2QaQAA2NVE?format=png&name=medium

Confirmation that the vision Anduin had when he broke free of the mind control wasn’t actual souls showing up to say hi, just like…memories sent by the Light.

Maybe it could’ve sent those a bit sooner idk

1 Like

She has a name: it’s Mommy.

I loved the Night Warrior-arc and what it could mean for both Tyrande and the Night Elves and their relationship to the Moon-Goddess, but also the Horde and the Alliance.

And then we got… Whatever this was supposed to be? The powers of the Night Warrior are epic, up until Elune randomly takes them away the moment Tyrande is going to get her vengeance. The Jailer, for some reason, can empower Sylvanas, but for some reason Elune bestows the blessing of the Night Warrior upon a mortal just so she could die, unless she is saved by her former Avatars, the Winter-Queen and Elune herself?

I really have no idea where they were going with the Night-Warrior arc and what its endgoal was… I feel as if they suddenly heel-turned on the whole thing during Ardenweald because they were afraid they’d have a second Malfurion on their hands?

The Light continues to unambiguously provide Divine aid to the righteous and just heroes of Azeroth :triumph: :fist:.

Why didn’t the Void just help as well huh? It’s ultimate enemy and it didn’t even want to try and one up its goody-two-shoes sibling by also sending some visions to help? Seems weird to me!!!

1 Like

Remember when the Iron Horde invaded Azeroth and we pushed them back through the portal in the pre-patch before the expansion even released?

Also, what would’ve happened if we just… destroyed the portal on our end in Blasted Lands?

Anduin’s holy bones once again saving the day.

Makanidot once again drew up a much expanded and MUCH more satisfying encounter which started with Tyrande saying pretty much just that.

As usual, the fan development was 10/10, no notes.

Edit:
https://www.tumblr.com/makanidotdot/742958039948197888/elune-convo-fix-it-part-1?source=share

1 Like

The gift of n’zoth questline is still avaliable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0TJYBjM8ME

cool little interview with two of the zone designers from wowcrendor, they talk about roleplay for a little bit as well, mostly how they want to try and inspire roleplayers with scenes and the like out in the world

Can’t finish reading cuz I dont have a tumblr :frowning:

1 Like

Same, ain’t gonna make an account when means this predatory to get you on board are used.

Thanks still Kayt for showing us what could have been instead.

2 Likes

For the record, it’s not Tumblr being predatory (really don’t think that’d be the word here even if it was them) but there’s an option for users to have their blog only readable by someone logged on tumblr, which I imagine is the case here. Given the internet last developments, I imagine Makanidotdot wanted to avoid the “ai” stealbots and co.

2 Likes

Once again, something is being largely :poop: on, and suddenly, it becomes known that it was written by someone no longer with the company.

Vintage Blizzard

7 Likes

Matt and Marty Forebeck are the only listed authors for Chronicles 4, though we know Metzen was consulting on it (notably with previous books he was listed as an author, not so with this one).

Not sure where the idea that Danuser was an author on it came from.

1 Like

There’s others not listed on Amazon that have their own credits in the actual cover pages as well, amongst them is our good friend Steven Danuser.

Tangentially related: I’m absolutely staking a bet on this being another Sean Copeland situation where he was the “author” and then it turned out he actually didn’t write it (or did but didn’t?) because the sheer and utter mess this book is in doesn’t fit Matt and Marty modus operandi at all to me, I mean look at this:

This is utterly crazy, its such a blatantly obvious error copying from the quest text, why would a (generally very well-received author for game books) do that? A complete and utter rookie mistake, amongst many others in Volume 4.

We’re talking about an Author with extremely well-regarded and reviewed books like Guild Wars: Ghosts of Ascalon, Halo Fractures, Halo: New Blood. Its unfathomable to me that someone like that, when working alongside another author would slip so often and make so many errors like this.

Edit: Even if Marty is a newer author, he has both the resources and consultancy of Blizzard and Matt at his back to help, so who’s actually responsible for all of these blatant issues. A lot of them seem like careless mistakes or problems an A.I. didn’t catch.

6 Likes

Lmao literally just copy-pasted the quest text, like we always knew they did😩

1 Like

Even if so, this is a new bottom. This is not even retcon, it’s just breaking immersion. Which isn’t that low a plank since it’s SL we’re talking about, but the unprofessionalism is still incredible.

I just choose to ignore Shadowlands going forward, as much as feasibly possible.
This seems to be the path the devs are taking too, at least in game, and I frankly welcome it. Absolute dumpsterfire of an expansion and writing.

2 Likes

You’re going to get jumpscared in TWW.