PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Amirdrassil and the Ardenweald bits that cropped in the Dream are still there.

1 Like

:see_no_evil: La la, ooo lookit that, more dragons. Bye.

Don’t forget: Dennythrius’ story isn’t over yet either. Our boy escaped.

3 Likes

is anybody’s story really over in wow

2 Likes

Yours, right now.

2 Likes

n-n-nani! :triumph:

3 Likes

teleports behind you

2 Likes

I reckon they either wished to deal with the threat once and for all, because aslong as they had that shard of the Vision of Time, Garrosh and the Iron Horde would probably find another way back to Azeroth.

Plus, if they nuked the Dark Portal, it’d sever the connection to Outland aswell.

That’s my take atleast.

Same man :frowning:

1 Like

What are you on about? Ardenweald is obviously just a zone within the Emerald Dream, ruled by a Titanic Keeper placed there by Freya herself, to guide the souls of vanquished Wild-Gods back into the mortal plane???

Obviously the Wisps of the Night Elves ended up there to help bring forth the new World Tree, with help of this Titanic Keeper and the Moon-Goddess! This way its linked to both the Ordered Dragons, uplifted by the Titanic Keepers & the Kaldorei through the Wisps and their Goddess, Elune.

I headcanon’d the Whole SHadowlands out of my RP. :smirk:

2 Likes

The Dark Portal was blown up before, on Azeroth’s side, at the end of Warcraft 2.

While the portal was destroyed, the link between the two worlds was not completely severed and it only required a strong enough individual, like say Ner’zhul, to reestablish the link between the two worlds.

4 Likes

Ha salways been there aswell! Having been used in the WotA, according to Chronicles 1 :smirk:

1 Like

That is true, briefly forgot that, my bad.

Khadgar blew up the Dark Portal on Draenor’s side, which is why we find him there in The Burning Crusade. They did so because the destruction caused by Ner’zhul began buckling the entire planet, and they decided to destroy the portal before it spread to Azeroth, while leaving the orcs (and themselves) in Draenor.

Edit: Wait, no, this was the second destruction of it, my bad! Ner’zhul did reopen the Dark Portal with the Skull of Gul’dan!

I thought this was all supposed to be west of kalimdor???

1 Like

It is if you take the long way around.

1 Like

But I thought from a lore PoV Outland is already crumbled into a nothingness by now so that wouldn’t have mattered.

Nah, they said west from Pandaria.

1 Like

Oh fair enough! Seems like the whole southern part of the world was then shrouded in mist?

2 Likes

Maybe? It could also be that the island is one amongst many out there. The world’s far bigger than portrayed in-game, and there’s tons of islands that are seemingly well-known that we’ve never had any business in, like Tel’Abim.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GSt8BXBXoAAZmi7?format=jpg&name=large

Frankly I considered the matter put to bed years ago through supplementary stuff, but in case anyone desperately needed it, they went out of their way to go “No, Thrall didn’t cheat at the mak’gora, stop being weirdoes about it”.

2 Likes