PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 3)

I mean, yea… Wasn’t there an offhand comment, in the shattering novel(?), literal years ago on how the participants of the mak’gora decide on the rules and its limitations during?

I belief it was Garrosh that stated he wanted his mak’gora with Cairne to be of the “old ways” with nothing but them using melee weapons?

Edit; I just realized the Shattering novel was way before the mak’gora lmao, but I swear I read it somewhere?

1 Like

It’s mentioned on a few different sources! An example is the Cairne and Garrosh duel, as you’ve mentioned, another is in ‘Bloodsworn’, a Warcraft comic I really recommend giving a read, purely out of how good it is and nothing else.

In it, Ashra Valandril, a Blood Knight, had a mak’gora with Shagara, his leader in a unit of a Horde militia known as ‘Garad’kra’. The rules that they agreed on were that it was to be to the death, with no body armor, and only one weapon, while magic was fully allowed, despite not being explicitely spoken for - which, honestly, makes sense? I wouldn’t expect a shamanistic culture to make a rite to usurp power where shamans would inherently be at a disadvantage, but I digress.

At the end of it, since Ashra didn’t really know what a mak’gora fully entailed, and just thought it to be some kind of brutal form of sparring, Shagara did not kill him, despite winning.

6 Likes

Depending on whenever this was penned and the time frame from him getting the boot I wouldn’t be surprised if Danuser deliberately wanted to twist the knife for Metzen coming back.

The books is giving me the morbs.

1 Like

Old ways in this context only means it would be fought to the death, as Thrall had outlawed that.

1 Like

Thrall is such an unnecessary kill joy.

6 Likes

Eh, fair enough!

Also her are some excerpts from the new Chronicle Book:

• Rather than being referred to as slumbering Titans as in previous installments of the Chronicle series, the entities buried within planets such as Azeroth and Argus are now simply referred to as Worldsouls, with their ability to become Titans now considered a potential path for them to take when they finally awaken.

I don’t know why they keep on insisting that Worldsouls aren’t Titan souls. Up until now every single one of them became a Titan and I see no reason to change this whatsoever?

• N’zoth is now referred to as one of five Old Gods who ruled over the Black Empire, but it is still remarked that the Titans found and imprisoned four when they first discovered Azeroth, implying that a fifth member of their cohort was killed or disappeared prior to the Ordering of Azeroth.

So there is a Fifth Old God somewhere, or Xal’atath will end up being an Old God anyways?

• A description of Thrall’s actions prior to disappearance during Legion, with his last act being to advise Saurfang to “keep watch over their people and to not let them be swayed from their path again”, citing a distrust of Sylvanas in the wake of his experiences with Garrosh.

Lol. Lmao.

• Further information is given on the armistice that is put in place at the end of Battle for Azeroth, with a note being made about the displeasure of many members of the Alliance due to the lack of punishment given to the Horde for their actions during the Fourth War.

I had hoped to find out some more about the Night Elves view on the whole armistice after the events of Dragonflight, in part because they still did not officialy signed/agreed with it? I was also hoping to find out some more about the rules for Horde visiting Bel’ameth, alas…

Atleast alot of Alliance members think the Horde got off to easily(which they did)!

1 Like

I kind of wish now that the whole Mak’gora business was reflected in-game and applied to the lore. You can’t duel inside capitals because Thrall (and whoever on the Alliance) proclaimed that Mak’gora are banned within capital cities. Consequently the Ring of Valor would then be built outside Orgrimmar’s main gate to facilitate Mak’gora/duels outside the city with anyone in need of watching some bloodletting would be able to spectate.

Yeah because the Titans kept changing them before any of the other powers could get to them…

Yea because they only made a difference between world souls and titans recently instead of Worldsouls just being Titans???

Also Argus was infused with literal Death magic and still became a Titan lmao???

Not really PTR or TWW stuff, but I figured it wasn’t worth its own thread.

You know who else are defined as being godlike souls given physical form? That’s right baby, the Eternal Ones.

2 Likes

Miss me with the Shadowlands lore, please I beg you! :weary:

1 Like

It’s lore.
Hate it all you want, it’s in your soul now. Your World Soul.

3 Likes

The real world soul is the friendship and family we made along the way. ~ Thrall in the Last Titan expansion.

2 Likes

6 Likes

The more stuff I see from the Chronicles book, the more it reads like they deliberately wanted to annoy Horde players.

1 Like

I think they’re annoying pretty much everyone here. None has come out unscathed from this.

4 Likes

I’d probably be angrier if I was as invested in the game as I was back in the ‘good old days’ but now I mostly just sigh with indifference.

It’s so predictable. The odds were always stacked against the Horde but there were at least a handful of situations where the Alliance objectively did some messed up stuff - but of course they’re now being retroactively sanitised, downplayed or outright retconned.

1 Like

Awfully kind of the Alliance to help the Zandalari clean out Uldir before killing their king.

2 Likes