PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 3)

“It’s not a lie, if you believe it.”
~ George Costanza.

Evidently not the case anymore with stable portals elsewhere. The real problems come when the light fanatics kill all the mages and warlocks for heresy and everyone’s stuck scavenging their way to a space program in a few dozen millennia.

Lesson; appreciate your local nerd.

More likely than not, the dagger being speculated to be a claw of the damn thing. Ye olde gods can survive in some form as long as there’s a physical remnant, see the heart of Y’shaarj.

Sidenote; I hate that name and how it’s supposed to be pronounced vs spelled. It’s some klooloo nonsense.

I was thinking about that the other day. How many times can the faction war become an avoidable existential threat to the world before its alleged protectors gang up and do something very dramatically cinematic to the latest mad king?

Sargeras, being a titan, did titan stuff to him.

It’s just a fundamental error to plot a story vaugely in advance and run that narrative across several expansions (6+irl years) without much consideration for the weight of the narrative focus.

I’ve guessed correctly several times by paying sufficient attention.

Let the kaldorei sit this one out and breathe a bit. Void elves, though?

And well earned, too. The problem is that a redemption story that gives the Horde catharsis and renewed vigour free of past sins is another 3 expansions’ worth of focus. Players do not have the patience and the old guard is just tired.

I demand a satisfying conclusion to him usurping the goblin player’s trade prince(ss) position in the intro. The heritage armour story doesn’t count.

1 Like

I don’t care who or what Xal’atath actually is as long as she’ll kiss me

4 Likes

Yes. YES. It’s been so long since I took a mortal form. This body is pleasing… don’t you think?

She knows exactly what she’s doing.

1 Like

It’s not like it ain’t a pattern for Blizzard to make reanimated corpses to be appealing for some reason.

1 Like

Elves generally have their appeal, and the Void can easily do some adjustments to make it even better. Like, an elf goth waifu is a type that never gets old.

1 Like

I know what I’m about

1 Like

I’m entirely cognizant that having the charismaniac is a sure way of getting attention. I mean if I was an eldritch entity or a dissembodied soul, you best be sure that my next vessel will be one to my liking if I can damn well do something about it.

Drifting in the lightless expanse as you skin crystallises from the unnatural chill and the last shreds of sanity leave you in anguished howls?

Yes but my howls aren’t anguished

Lmao, the Warband Banks are currently disabled, but that ‘error’ message makes it sound like another character is logged on, somehow?

Good job, devs, a simple ‘This Feature is not yet Enabled’ was REALLY too hard for you? Seriously? :joy:

Looks like I’m wise to wait a few days to play.

I’m miffed that there are people willing to pay extra for 3 extra days before everyone else. Almost makes me wish that the early access folks suffer the kind of crash we had in WoD, almost.

1 Like

paying to beta test it lmao

5 Likes

Can confirm, no intention of buying the expansion (not just because of that, but it plays into my lack of enthusiasm. There’s no part of the kitchen sink for me in there)

1 Like

Lol. Lmao. Midnight as an expansion might have Quel’thalas as its playing field, but it might aswell have been any other city or area.

Its 100% going to be a Windrunner family drama again with a neutral and “redeemed” Sylvanas, Vereesa and almost-but-not-really corrupted Alleria at the forefront. Arator is going to end up being the main face with his “the chosen one” stick going on and we’ll have a bit off the other main Blood Elves and a few token Nightborne/Void Elves/High Elves/Night Elf(Moon Guard and Shen’dralar) characters sprinkeld in!

(I would love so more information and lore about Mordent and the Shen’dralar, anyways! It feels so sudden how they became this big part of the Kaldorei, when they have literally no build up what so ever about it!)

6 Likes

You just know a ton of whales are going to buy it, and then by the time the normal edition-buyers get to 80, those guys already got their maxlevels, professions, and are already saturating the market :frowning:

1 Like

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTTF6gZaYAAv3pv?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

new login screen, a notable improvement imo.

And here’s the Wowhead article:

Massive improvement, yes.

1 Like

To me it’s not the characters that are the problem, it’s just that the story, as summarized by Wowhead, feels so bland and by the numbers.

1 Like