PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Sadly.

As someone who loathes both the Alliance and the Horde and is almost exclusively interested in the various elven races - including the likes of satyr, naga, san’layn and felblood elves - I would like it very much if Midnight put more focus on the long and storied history of every flavour of elf instead of focusing on the Windrunners.

I’ve always found them very boring - especially with how little actual ties they have to their homeland or people at this point. Sylvanas has greater ties to the Forsaken whilst Alleria and Vereesa are both more intimately tied to Stormwind and Dalaran respectively.

I can’t stand Arator so hopefully Xal’atath takes him out in an effort to send Alleria over the edge but I won’t hold my breath.

2 Likes

From the hotfix patch notes;

• Using a Character Boost, Race Change, or Faction Change no longer disqualifies the character from doing Heritage Armor quests.

Kinda huge?

7 Likes

Looking forward to seeing Arator claim the vacant throne of Quel’Thalas :crown::man_elf:

He’s a good boy and deserves it

1 Like

a high elf? on the throne?

this is going to ruin the tour

A Half Elf High Elf even…

But then again we’ll be having Half-Elves in more numbers then Night Elves and I hate how they’re not going to be a rare thing anymore :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Having watched the classic community having metagamed their own nostalgia trip has confirmed that this is so prevalent that the genie cannot be put back in its lamp. It’s everywhere.

In other words, humanity’s days are over. Soon all will be of Thalassian blood.

I see no problem with this peaceful takeover. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Also. My first thought was “there’s a story ?” which is a bit bad faith of me, but show how little it gripped me I guess.
The hunter pets are interesting, I guess, but I won’t get an expansion for that (and there’s not even all the lynxes colors!) and I’m not confident in Midnight, I don’t want the Windrunners again, or Jaina, and… Yeah, not confident. We’ll see in two years.

1 Like

Died 1983
Born 2007
Welcome back Luke Skywalker

WoWHead and Min-Maxing was a mistake

3 Likes

genuinely makes playing it unfun most of the time

1 Like

Yeah, people didn’t even try to hide it. Oh yeah, let’s run Hellfire Remparts for the next 6H to get as fast as possible to max level, this is truly the classic experience we had when we were still new to the game.

3 Likes

As the resident HMP, ofcourse I cannot allow that to happen:

Leave it to the gamers to ‘optimize’ the fun out of their own game.

3 Likes

I vaguely recall them adding in human (and half elf) ear options for void and blood elves too (and humans), so I guess humans and half elves will be widespread after/during/once we meet the Arathi Empire!

Humans in the Horde!

https://www.wowhead.com/news/point-and-round-ear-customization-options-in-the-war-within-338833

Also, I’ve been trying the new dragonflying on various mounts and… it looks weird on some mounts.

Flying machine: the big rotor doesn’t become visible, making it fly on the two tiny side rotors. Make the rotors on the flying machine not face downward standard (same with the Jungle Hopper), it looks weird that the engines only face backwards when doing a boost.

Nether Ray: becomes fully static until you do a speedboost, and afterwards returns to static.

Mounts with “stiff” legs really should be remodeled to pull their legs in when flying, and the Pandaria dragons should be given the ability to walk on their legs/claws when lended, their constant flying looks weird now.

Goblin players rejoice, it looks frickin’ awesome on the Darkmoon blimp and the various rocket mounts (not the Orgrimmar Interceptor though)!

1 Like

Alterac is a thing still. The Alliance generally left the kingdom in ruins after the Second War (not undeserved), and it hasn’t grown better since. All the NPCs from there are either the Syndicate or the Legion-sworn warlocks and I doubt it would be an underestimation to say that a fair bit of the rest of them are either with Scarlets as the only human organization in the Horde territory that promises some resemblance of Light-given order, or have been with the Twilight’s Hammer. With all of them off the count as forces to be reckoned with, I wonder if this generation of the Alteraci would follow their ancestors’ footsteps and join the Frostwolves if the ruins of their kingdom and capital are promised to be returned to them again.

1 Like

I just wonder what happened to General Hath and Isiden Perenolde. Neither of the two are confirmed dead so, if Blizz -really- wanted to revive that story ( they won’t) they could be pulled out of obscurity once more.

3 Likes

sorry can’t give any attention to the places we already live, here’s another four-zone previously unmentioned and undiscovered realm instead :+1:

yeah I’m including the Broken Isles in this sass since its Legion appearance was so drastically different to how it was portrayed in WC3.

11 Likes

Given the Nightborne’s Thing turned out to be illusions (“What are you hiding?!”) they could have at least said the barrier turned the city into some inhospitable, barren mountain looking thing. Or something.

4 Likes

(inhales hopium)

Seeing how the Midnight revamp will include at least part of EPL (to make the world seamless and eliminate the portal), maybe it will include at least part of the Eastern Kingdoms, including Alterac Mountains? Maybe?

The Cataclysm developers basically ran out of time to revamp that zone and just merged it unchanged into Hillsbrad Foothills.

12 Likes

I’d prefer an uninstanced Stratholme as a mini-zone.

4 Likes

People who say they can’t imagine going back to the Azeroth people know and invested 20+ years into because “we’ve done everything there” are simply cowards. I can think of like, 5 dungeons and 10 delves just for Hillsbrad Foothills on top of making it like 4-5x bigger and adding all the villages from the books and making them look like proper villages.

9 Likes