Punishment system for mythic+ leavers

OP literaly written tht booster said that he refuses to boost for free.

this is just cringe that you defend this extorting free boosts from others :slight_smile:

I have been uploading here or there some stuff. This is my timed +26 Waycrest. I think the tree is the best single target boss in there.
(with timestamp of the boss kill) https://youtu.be/qLikiBk5cm4?t=805

The dps isn’t even on a +26 on average 170k. The ret on top has the leggo, the 2nd ret in the group didnt when this run happened.

Someone complaining about 170k single target dps in a +20 and calling that player carried is really not playing the same game, to me.

1 Like

I think best way to avoid things like this is to invite people with similar score to yourself. We sometimes need to pug 1 dps and i always tell my friends to pick the low scoring applicants instead of the 3,5 k rio that is there to just blast through for vault. We’re more likely to not have ppl leave if we take someone with lower score and ilvl then some high rio player. Also those high rios should maybe not sign up for +20’s if they arent interested in risking doing more dps then the rest :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Ahaha, what?

My moonkin in 485 gear sims 159k dps on single-target.

1 Like

Not that i am 3500 score, but when we run lower keys for our mains, like +20’s we basically are there for the vault and just want to finish it. We are totally fine to ‘hard carry’, as long as we finish the dungeon. We aren’t there for the score anyway.

1 Like

Yes, i meant those that actually is like the player in OP’s scenario. If u cant handle that u might be a mile ahead of the others (that are doing the content they are at the skill level of) then dont sign up for those keys. Im sure there are plenty other weekly keys posted from other high players they can choose instead. Now idk what score or ilvl OP has and idk what the «boosters» score or ilvl was, but i wouldnt be surprised if there is a massive difference in score there.

1 Like

nice for you to finialy admit that a lot of people "hard carry " aka " boost " in +20

you are ok with it. gj good for you .

others are not - and they have right to leave key when they realise they are blatantly boosting someone.

unless you want to force people into " hard carrying " for free

which seems to be you goal in first place.

My goal in a +20 is to finish it for the vault. You seem to miss that. And 170k is blasting hard for a +20, so there isn’t any carrying going on. But when someone would be low dps for a +20, i wouldn’t give a crap as long as the dungeon will get finished.

Instead of leaving and getting a debuff or facing other automated forms of punishment, people would stay and brick the key instead. Deliberately dying, pulling extra packs, doing low dps, stopping to interrupt. Things that happen even if people don’t do them deliberately.

You already see that in BGs where players just stop trying to win when a match doesn’t start well. It’s quicker to wait it out than to get the debuff. In normal or heroic dungeons it doesn’t matter if the 5th person stops participating, because these dungeons are super trivial. But in M+ you will usually fail if someone drops from 300k to 30k, dies a lot, or pulls extra. A commendation system would be abused very quickly.

The best way to avoid leavers is to play with friends, M+ acquaintances or people from quality Discord communities, and to play well. If that player had not felt like they carried the group, they’d have stayed. I wasn’t there, so I don’t know if anything else happened, because even if they did twice the damage of the next damage dealer, there’s no apparent reason to leave the key if it was going to be in time. 170k at a boss fight seems fine, so I feel like there may be details missing.

2 Likes

I’m not convinced implementing your ideas would be for the best but some better enforcement on this really should be a top priority for TWW.

They should just add that queue-system «everyone» wants and then add a punishment system in the same go. I’ll be over here waiting with my popcorn :popcorn:

2 Likes

OW endorsement levels are for personal gain. They aren’t part of forming teams, you don’t even choose your team mates.

1 Like

I still think it could encourage people to not leave keys.

well they did that with solo que for pvp .

they are not gonna repeat this fiasco 2nd time :slight_smile:

I find it hard to believe anyone would care that they are the top dps when doing a weekly key.

1 Like

Wasn’t expecting a boost, 170k single target with AOE in the region of 200 to 270k which is more than enough.
Why assume?

1 Like

wait because i may be missing something - you do 270k aoe dps ?

and you think that good ?

or you mean overall with aoe :stuck_out_tongue:

Happened with me only a single time in S2, out of the roughly 60 keys I did in that season with pugs. We wiped because my friend wanted to give a try to the potion cheese on the Mammoth boss in Neltharus, failed it, and our healer got butthurt about it and left.

In no other dungeon I have been in did I see an individual leave. I was not the one inviting though, so I have little idea on what gear my teammates had. I was also tanking thosr keys.

Now I am doing M+ in a community, and so far had 0 issues. The groups I am in still time the majority of the keys, which may contribute something to it, or the basic rules set by the community that everyone need to abide by.

Oh I get it, you’re a troll, no worries.

1 Like

Makin’ de Darkspear proud very often mon.