PUT A CAP ON GS IN RANDOM BGs FFS!

It’s impossible right now with a new character to get any basic pvp gear, EVERY game there is a premade team with 40k+ HP guys, that completely stomp my team.

Limit the GS to like 160, any piece above 160 gets scaled down to it, so new comers have some chance to win a game and have at least a bit of fun.

How does blizzard expect to enjoy their s*** game right now? The whole community is already toxic af, because of how frustrating the game is, never seen such a cancer in any other game before.

33 Likes

Gear should be removed from Random bgs. Or they should put gearing scaling

Random bgs should be for fun, playing on equal terms, just for enjoy of fast unranked pvp, or for gear up for Rated pvp.

13 Likes

Something like this, I would be fine with just a limit, that is reachable for casual players and beginners.

I see now way, for any newcommer to start with wow pvp at this point, everywhere people with 220+ GS, it’s worse than any other p2w mmorpg.

This game needs a casual pvp mode.

11 Likes

The problem is that blizzard has the retrograde mentality that the player must suffer to gear up, but they only manage to create imbalance and frustration…

As OP said, frustration create toxicity.

5 Likes

Gear Scaling meachanism is broken as fudge.
They should do it like in GW2, you can choose which stats you want to have and you get a fixed amount.
This would be easiest to balance AND way less frustrating for new players because someone is bugabusing the scaling.

5 Likes

GW2 handle PvP itemization really well, I agree.

8 Likes

If they did this i would play BGs on all of my different alts all day long. But then people wouldnt buy wow tokens to pay boosters for arena gear and activi$ion wouldnt make as much money. Which is the only thing they care about right now

12 Likes

Not trying to defend the gear gap issue or anything, but just a few tips:

• you can queue with lower level friends
  • rated bgs, similar to rated arenas, actually offer a less competitive environment than random bgs/skirmishes, you just have to get to the appropriate mmr

And I think this goes for many other games too, Ive noticed it myself when playing chess. Im pretty new to it, and playing on 900-1000. But if I queue non-rated on lichess I lose the majority of games.

I think if you tried to play rbg on 1000 mmr you’d find that its a lot more chill and balanced than most random bgs.

You can always punish them with your wallets, unsub, they wont fix it this expansion. They dont listen the community. Play something else, I went back to gw2 and enjoying it a lot.

6 Likes

I feel like this too, guild wars is the only good mmorpg left, pretty much everything else is dead.

There used to be an iteration with gear caps.
The vertical progression folks were very loud, saying there is no point of playing and progressing your gear.

1 Like

quite true BUT

1. you need to be invited or make your own grp. If you are below 200 ilvl you will certainly not be invited anyways
  2. After every game you have to find new people
5 Likes

Ppl say the same about competitive pvp, where the skill should matter. Blizzard successfully ignores all of you for years.

Then dont cry about pvp being death or premades.
it’s fun how people like you depend on gear to win

Dude I want to see you fighting with 160 GS against someone with 226 GS, if the 226 GS guys isn’t a monkey you are going to get oneshot every single time

4 Likes

For this reason im defending this:

2 Likes

they need to do gear scaling correctly- maybe,
in Legion they had Gear scaling in bgs, it was not very good imo.
it continued into BFA where people found out (towards the end of the xpac) that the gear scaling works very very poorly, as in at some points the higher gear you have the weaker you become when hitting players with lower gear, making alot of people try figure a way to abuse this by equipping low gear instead of higher gear.

i played GW2 and i believe an even battlefield can be good- but must be done right.
In gw2 you have way more customization to your stats and build, in wow right now that is not correct. the hard stats will always stay the same and the secondary feel lack cluster unless you put all of them into one stat.
not to mention there is barely customization with talents (compared to an actual mmorpg like GW2)

i do not believe blizzard will be able to fix this issue`s… next best thing would be have Gear brackets in random bgs - get queued vs people with matching gear to you, maybe within the 10-/+ ilvl.

Oh, how would you know? Big words, but looking at your experience and attitude, its unlikely for us 2 to ever meet to find out.
Anyway, Im strongly against gear gaps being so huge and it makes me not wanting to play the game at all, because I play many alts and my experience is super garbage due to this issue. So its not like we are enemies in this opinion…

That’s why there should be a cap instead, like we already have for low lvl BGs when you party sync. At lvl 59 BGs gear parts just gets capped at 128 ilvl and it works perfectly fine, just do the same for lvl 60 BGs, a cap at 171 ilvl, that for everyone to reach.

How about no? I enjoy crushing low gear casuals, especially if they whine on the forum afterwards.

Go play hello kitty online (or LoL just to be constructive) if you don’t want gear difference, this is an MMORPG.