Putting Tusks of Mannoroth on Black AH is wrong

This is exactly why I don’t understand OP in this regard… I mean you have to be ultra delusional or completely spaz out of reality to understand that it’s no longer “epic” journey. It’s time consuming and it’s right tedious.

The OP has an opinion , so does everybody and that’s normal. I don’t want to be rude to him as he seems like a nice jolly person, but this is a little … well abnormal sorta say.

Come on,
Even Uldir by now is an easy play and no longer de facto can count as latest content, even tho items and everything are still for the 120 toons. However pretty much a group of 10 can melt trough normal, a group of 15 can melt trough heroic and mythic 20 people is just a complete molten core.

In comparison to SoO where people somehow still make those “tmog runs” for some reason, as literally you can do it by yourself even without the lockout.

However I saved screenshot of your lockout guide ,
EDIT:*** Does this work on heroic then , I suppose ?
Thank you so so much for such in depth explanation.

It’s called entitlement. I found this whole discussion shaddy right from the start, to say it at least. A classic-avatar user posts not with his main account and complains about retail-related content.

If he would have at least some backbone…

there are people who probably explain it better than me. i think hazelnuttygames has a guide up not too long ago which is probably easier on the mind than my explination.

how do you mean heroic? if SoO works the same as the ICC run, when you farm toon is standing in front of garrosh (not your lockout toon) you would swap the lockout to heroic. so you would be killing garrosh on heroic, even though the whole lockout at that point was on normal.

i am only with OP about not wanting it on the BMAH because it looks like a carrot for people to buy more tokens to get the gold needed for BMAH items. no matter what anyone says, gold is still hard to come by without a LOT of effort/luck. one guy posted a nice gold per raid listing with the possibility of making up to 250K gold with 10 alts, but as pointed out, the time investment for that would be maybe 40 hours a week. thats a full working week :\ with minimum wage in the UK at £8.21 ph you need to work just over 1 hour to buy a token, which atm could net you 240k gold. which is more time effective?

HOWEVER, the question then comes down to, does blizzard deserve my money beyond the sub fee? and i clearly say no. tbh, they currently dont even deserve the sub fee as we only get a) a poor substandard game with BfA, and b) a 15 year old game with classic.

hence, im poor in game. i dont think i can even afford 2 tokens, let alone the AH mount or anything on the BMAH.

and oh, op, this is why they will keep doing this. they have mocked the player base since WotLK. “TIME LOST” proto drake anyone?
they just keep adding these time sinks with STUPID low drop rates cause they know some players, like you and the wowhead guy it would seem will do it. if this was just one item it would not matter, but there are loads of items that are the bane of people. just look at the MoP world bosses as another example!

wouldn’t it be nice if developers made a game which was based on being fun to play, rather than PURPOSEFULLY using mechanics that give us all addictive habits?

I mean, that’s a fair point and all. The game is structured around ilvl grind and collecting items.
I recently got my ilvl 422 and I don’t think I will continue to improve that, as it is already enough not to get one shot KO from wPvP Alliance players who can’t handle a fair fight. Swarming you up in bunches of 3-4 . But that’s besides the point. Leveling an alt is kind of okay I suppose. I levelled another warrior to 110 and stopped right there. Wanted to do a paladin but it plays much slower than warrior , so I skipped and casters are kinda not my plate. Hunter is ok I suppose, but it’s … well… boring. You got you massive DPS and a pet , but that’s about it , but anyhow.
I always loved the lore and the game itself , especially races of true horde - aka beast like Taurens, Orcs and Trolls.
I had read almost every novel and watched every fan short about Warcraft
I enjoy the game , however it has made an impact already for the two months of sub after a LONG break from the end of MoP.
I played ESO for a while, nothing too serious tho. PVP here and there, couple of raids but that’s it. Returning to WoW felt pleasant and I really don’t think I will quit just yet.
However, I cannot yet Say as there are many aspects that desire change. Especially the loot system, which, let’s face it - ain’t going nowhere. Which is kind of a shame as it is supposed to be atleast modified to some extent.

However I heard something about upcoming level squish, which leads to massive amounts of speculation. It’s just a rumour, but imagine the possibilities ?

Really? I just wonder why they’d wear an ugly cartoonish sword that doesn’t even fit any mog.

You aren’t reading.

Ok.

well said.

Well said.

Tired of those types of content getting sh"t on. They were damn good and the rights were rough. Respect to the players who overcame them.

You dont get my point.

Congratulations! Good persistancy killing him 400-500 times. You earned em.

Phew. Nice luck, man.

Heh it wont bother me that you buy them, man. It bothers me that you rob yourself out of a cool journey by spending money to basically bypass it. And that blizzard allows it.

happy for you, man. My point is the sensation you’re feeling. And how important that feeling is and how it shouldn’t be downgraded to be made optional in the game :slight_smile:

I see your point, but at the same time, I approve of it. Because it all adds to just how meaningful this item is. Its nice with some items in the game that are considered mega ultra rares and only the craziest or luckiest of players would go after em.

No need for the insults. Disagree if you so desire. When you one day get the tusks, if you get them, you’ll understand exactly what I’m talking about, as well as the others.

The final feeling justifies all the frustration and tediousness. Because not all journeys are meant to be easy or fun. Thats the point of Iron Will.

Heh ok. I have the tusks btw. But I’m still entitled somehow.

Heh to each their own. I consider it amazing.

1 Like

Yet again, numerous times I stated that you seem like a nice jolly person, but I just have an opinion like that. Not entirely wanted to offend, it was more of a overall, rather than about you specifically, sorry if offended.

You offended all of us!.

Oh nooo :frowning: sorry

1 Like

Then it won’t be this hard to show it to us.

so if I make a weapon, a toothspick and give it a nice story… this makes it so good that it shouldnt be in the bmah? Its just an item, its ugly and on top of that its not like you will get it easily out of the bmah. for sure someone will get it, but easily? You might think lowpop servers are easy for bmah items, but the truth is that lowpop servers are constantly camped by level 1’s with daddy’s tokens.

1 Like

but who says what an item is worth at the end of the day % wise? the developer.

im just going to take an item im currently wearing in classic. lets say that the shield “arctic buckler” was suddenly given a drop rate as low as tusks. it would suddenly become an item of prestige, just because a coder made it so.

while one or two items in game have a reason to be prestigious, the tusks actually being one of them, most dont. and remember, the 9 classes who cant wear it. what special item can they have? what happens when tusks drops for one of their non plate toons?

again i say, any item that takes more than about a few hours PLAYED time to get should not be allowed to have such a drop rate. if you do SoO mythic 12 times, to clear it, thats 12 HOURS played. you should be rewarded with any item in an instance if you’ve been in there 12 hours.

and anyone who thinks its “FINE” to spend 100’s of hours trying to get ONE item in a GAME really needs to check their priorities. cause remember, there isn’t just one item in the game.

yeah its being talked about by blizzard. maybe with 9.0, couldn’t be earlier, but if its not with 9.0, i cant see it being till 10.0, which is taking a bit of a gamble i think cause thats 3 years away. a lot can happen in that time.

HOWEVER, as blizzard have shown us with ALL types of scaling, they just cant do numbers. i bet blizzard will mess up level scaling just as they have messed up item scaling and mob scaling. i also bet, and i say this with no confirming evidence yet, that the actual amount of xp needed will remain the same, or close to the same, rather than also be cut in half. so it will take the same time to lvl 1-120 now, as it will take to lvl 1-60 post scaling. those are my predictions.

1 Like

like i got horsemen mount on my 3rd ever kill, while i had a gm during wod who had to do it on all his chars evry year for over 10years to get it.

No I do not, since I have never understood the point of greed and trying to feel special on internet.

I did not respect any player more because they had pair of transmoggable items and honestly no one respects you more for having a mount, skin etc, but sometimes people feel probably pity seeing people trying to get attention with latest mount while afking in main hub. It is more closer to sad, than respect.

And I did kill garrosh in 25 hc when he was current, and I did most of the magetowers challenges and I fail to see this special needs for ‘others to respect me’. 1st respect yourself, and then you see how others opinions matters none.

Also most cases people wear tusks, their mogs are just plain ugly not fitting and it shows only how hard they try to look somehow unique. I want to see even one good fitting mog match them - also the tusks look plain bad on non-orc characters. Human males are the worst offenders.

It may come as surprise, but NO ONE really respects anyone because of those shoulders. If you want fear, respect and what not go get elite pvp gear, or that mount or something - might get more of it. You farming a legacy boss at L120 is not giving you it.

Oh and took me 1200 tries (900 in TBC+300 in wotlk) get rivendares horse, but you do not see me trying so hard to make myself feel special because of it. Heck you see me even supporting people to try and get their own moggabvles and mounts if they like them.

Took me 200 summons (back then it was summoned per player) for horseman mount, 1st season it was out - had to find people form server to summon the boss for me and willing to pass the mount. Nope, don’t see me crying here.

I have 2 T3 sets I got from nax40, when Nax was current and challenging. You do not see me crying here, in fact I am all for people getting good looking items if they like them. Unlike me, they simply do not have the Nax40 raid stories to go with the sets. And its ok too.

I have probably more mage tower transmogs than most posters here - and I am ok if people get similar or same looks later too because anyone, who knows me - knows how I got mine. Oh and I killed Garrosh so many times when he was current that I got all his (minus one healer mace) heirlooms. How many times did you kill garrosh when he was current ?

3 Likes

Why not Mage Tower Skins?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.