Putting Tusks of Mannoroth on Black AH is wrong

You do realize that there is nothing hard about farming Siege of Orgrimmar on heroic and mythic for 10 minutes a week, right? Putting this item on the BMAH is irrelevant. It will be still available through the raid, which will be still the most common thing to get it because most players don’t have enough gold to buy anything from the BMAH.

No it didn’t. Just like how no one gives a sh*t if you wear mage tower or CM weapon skins or if you are sitting on Invincible from ICC. They don’t mean anything. They look good, and that’s about it. It is just an irrelevant transmog.

Read the canon lore. Illidan toyed with Arthas and didn’t even duel wield for most of the Duell and had already won after using hellfire which Arthas couldn’t counter. He was able to knock illidan out since he got 2 times cheat hits from neezhul which he could have done with any other weapon.

Hell illidan got a direct hit from Frostmourne and didn’t even care. The second direct hit knocked him out.

You really need to read the lore.

Also Saurfang jr. was just a normal mortal with no magic.

What did Frostmourne ever do ? Nothing compared to weapons like Apocalypse.

That’s all good and all , but its still just a normal weapon. All this events were made special by the people being involved , not by the weapon. The weapon never had the charisma of Alexandros , the sacrifice of Darion and the faith in the light of Tyrion.

The only time the weapon had any effect. Was when it healed the hand of Alexandros

It did Tho, in MoP you knew that the player was lucky af and being a Good Player, it might not give peoples Respect in Current WoW, but let me tell you it did in MoP.

It’s the same as seeing Pauldrons of Za’qul dropped from Za’qul now in BFA.
I’ve never seen any players with those Shoulders.

EDIT: I can see that you dont have Ahead of the Curve Garrosh, so dont fool youself knowing that the ones with Tusks during MoP was respected more than others.

Didn’t you get any of the Skins?, because i can smell Salt.

1 Like

Which makes even less sense. :man_shrugging:

My comment is relevant for stuff I have that you can still get. Of course. Why would I care?! For instance; I got my Mimi’s head after 6 kills. Lucky? Sure. Care if it’s on the BMAH? Nope.

Completely agree.

Well, talking about “prestige and hard works” isn’t a thing for real.

If you would speak about prestige and hardwork, they should remove every special transmog/title/mount when raid is over.

So you could say it’s hard works and dedication when is it the current content

But now ? Running one hit kill everything then drop n roll until it drop , such an hard work !

1 Like

Hahaha. Really? I have items that are no longer in game, and are put in BM and I do not feel this senseless greed, and soloing SOO is nor hardest thing in game.

1 Like

it’s th eonly instance I refuse to farm, not because it’s 13 bosses but simply for having no short cut for a 14 boss raid and some of them just waste your time with mechanics (bloody Immersues, Galakras and spoils) by being on a timer, can’t kill them faster despite 1-shotting them (paragon bugs out if you kill too fast…) or huge RP events you have to sit through. That instance isn’t worth for me to farm tusk or the mount.

I am personally a proud owner of the tusks.

That being said, i don’t mind them being on the BMAH, as long as their rarity is kept somewhat intact with them not going up every 2nd day.

The game needs a gold dump DESPERATLY . Just my 2 cents

1 Like

How long did it take you ? Currently only at 4-5 kills

I don’t remember exactly. Around 400-500 kills, soloing it i’d say.

Now i have them though, and they look magnificent. Still working on the mog though.

imgur. com/m5KJR4j

I guess I am too naive to think that It would be so easy.

Is it worth doing it with alt lockout thing ?

Well with them being out on the BMAH soon, id say just buy them if u want them that bad. Time invested in gold in order to buy them is probably the safest bet.

But how does BMAH work ? Is it inside of rng loot box or separate purchase ?

Ima go get it on BAH and then rub it in ops face

Have Tusks on my Warrior, First Satyr’s on my demon hunter.

Bringing them on the BMAH won’t rob me of the joy I felt when they dropped. I farmed Garrosh, Timeless Isle frogs, Xavius and veiled argunite. Now people can farm gold to get them.

No amount of chances to bmah can make me forget the feeling of accomplishment when I got Tusks, and the feeling of ‘It’s Over’ when I got First Satyr’s from a Veiled Argunite Shoulder Token.

1 Like

exactly

no not really. it is a problem. a concern.

while i agree with OP that things should not be put on the BMAH more and more, as you cant help but wonder, with it being so hard to make gold in bfa, is this being done JUST to sell tokens.
the tusks, like a few other weapons/pieces of armor are valued by players because its the best way to look like main characters from the game.

HOWEVER, the criminally low drop rate should not be allowed.
you mentioned drop rates of getting it on 135th, 650th and 1500+ runs? now, im guessing for such high numbers those people are doing saved runs on normal or heroic (whichever one drops it and can use alt saved lockouts on last boss). but lets say its run without saved lockouts. SoO takes an hour to run on mythic. 135 hours? 650 hours 1500 hours? can anyone else but me see the problem with rng forcing people who want something or have ocd conditions going down the path like this?

even if it is with lockouts, 650 or 1500+ attempts? because of rp and the swap time of getting yourself into a run via a locked alt, each attempt could probably take close to 10 minutes?

Ever heard about that pink ugly love rocket?

I do it like that every week. I don’t know how lockout share works , so I am doing it like fresh run… which makes me feel like not super smart.

I guess t he good part is some extra gold from loot of other bosses I guess

dont worry, im quite stupid too cause people have been doing this for a long time (not sure when it first started, but it was def a thing in legion) and i started a WEEK before they made the changes at the end of Legion/start of BfA. so it broke that system. i didn’t bother trying again until 5 weeks ago, but about 84 attempts EACH on invincible and mimorons head in 3 weeks burned me out and i’ve not even bothered playing bfa apart from the mount runs, and not played at all for the last 2 weeks.
lets take mount attempts in ICC:

1. run ICC NORMAL on an alt until sindragosa and kill her. do NOT kill lich king. this is now your lockout alt.
  2. go to a rest area, inn or city. your alt will be parked here until the mount drops.
  3. create a group in lfg. log off the alt
  4. log on the toon you want to run the mount. find your alts group in lfg and click to join. log off that toon.
  5. log back onto lockout toon and invite your runner toon. log off.
  6. log back on runner toon and accept the invite. you must now get to the instance BEFORE leader passes to you. if you become leader before you are inside, leave group and start whole thing again. usually 1-2 minutes i think this takes.
  7. make your way to the end of the instance but dont kill anything.
  8. when you become leader, change the raid seting to heroic.
  9. kill lich king.
  10. pray.
  11. praying didn’t work. leave group, log onto your lockout alt and start the whole thing again.

this used to be a bit faster as lfg had auto accept so you could skip step 3 and 5. but, fun detected, blizz made it harder. not even fun actually. sanity.

this WONT work on mythic setting, and tbh, im not sure how it actually works and in what raids as the WHOLE legacy raid system is a MESS, current too tbh. the only ones i’ve heard people talk about it working is ICC, Ulduar and SoO. people have said that DS got broken, otherwise people would love this to skip spine.

doing a full SoO non lfr run is good because i think it gives up to 1K worth of gold, but the time investment is terrible compared to the other good gold making raids. but with the purpose ONLY of getting the tusks, each attempt taking 1 hour is painful and sadistic. like i said, even with lockout each attempt can take up to 10 mins.

blizz just need to do something in legacy dungeons.

1. create portal system in every legacy instance like there is in WoD/Legion raids. is there even this system in BoD/EP? i dont know. i’ve not noticed any quest in EP though i only went once. if this is the case, this is TERRIBLE.
  2. increase rng MASSIVELY! the whole “wow” factor with certain item is when its current. anyone walking around with tusks at the end of MoP, people KNEW that person had been able to clear SoO. walking around with tusks now more likely means you’ve farmed it on a 120 easily. no skill reward, just time sink.
1 Like