Putting Tusks of Mannoroth on Black AH is wrong

I asked elsewhere but no response, what is a black market auction house? :smiley:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Black_Market_Auction_House

Can you put a reference where they stated that tusks gonna be in there ? I just checked the log and there is nothing of that sort stated.

Its not hard work… u can literally get them from the first kill. RNG is a b****

1 Like

Ohhhhh cool :smiley:

I don’t have any issue with this, i love having big gold sinks! Though I know how frustrating it is trying to spam bids as an auction is closing, you’re probably easier grinding a mount’s drop chance from an instance than winning a contested bid :smiley: (I say that in total ignorance of the item or where it comes from lols)

I can win 10 million dollars from a lottery ticket too.

Doesn’t mean the odds are that I ever will. Quite the contrary the odds are something like 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,00001

The work comes from persistancy. Not giving up.

Like i know the pain ive been farming for the soo dark shaman set for half a year on 2 shamans. I know the set is in black AH but i dont have the g to get it from there and im ok with it. And ya know there must be a chance in a chance in another chance to get it so it will still be suuuper rare

Persistently farming gold for the end purpose of buying an item so exclusive only 1 player can buy it at a time. And will have to outbid several other players for the chance of owning it.

Do you not see having a lot of gold as prestigious? Perhaps this is the reason why you are having such a strong reaction to this.

No.
This has always been a game where the most unique, special of armor pieces came from fighting monsters and overcoming challenges in the field.

I am sick to death of lootcrates and buying things. I dont consider buying earning. In the slightest.
its the same principle of buying WoW boosts.

If I buy a +10 or +20 keyboost I’m not earning the loot or achivement. I just had money IRL to spend.

And there is once again zero prestige to having digital money in a video game, especially in WoW for the reason that there is barely anything at all to spend it on.

Ask me that question again the day we get playerhousing and such. Then I’ll give you financial credit for building a mega sized castle. Until then however… its just numbers for repair bills.

so everyone with gold must have bought their gold?

EDIT: Also noticed you contradicted yourself in one post.

You can buy boosts.

Thats not what I said remotely.
Nor my point.

I was talking about earning or buying access to loot for challenging content.

But there is prestige by owning digital plate shoulders in a game?

Yes.

its the most rare item in the whole game. With heavy lore significance.
That… is prestige. That is reputation.

Doesn’t matter, it’s from outdated content.

3 Likes

why not post this in literally the exact same topic but the guy there was complaining about WoD cm gear

there has been rare and unobtainable stuff in the bmah for a long time now. You only just start complaining about ti because now its about something you earned. But i bet you didnt complain earlier when there was stuff in it wich you didnt get yet

This item may be invaluable for you, as i see fire when you write about that, but prestige is something that everyone desire, I for example don’t want these shoulders and they mean nothing to me. If someone has anything rare on him, good for him, but should i be jealous because i don’t have it? i don’t think so. How will it affect you if someone will get them via BMAH? It won’t reduce your chance of getting them too.

TLDR reply: Meh. Whatever.

Actual post:

I don’t care. It’s a piece of transmog. They can sell it on the store for all I care. It’s fine. There SHOULDN’T be any ‘rep’ involved with gear imo. You wear something because you think it looks cool or fits your character well.

1 Like

So because the item isn’t from current content it has lost all value at all and should just be given to you?

Ok.

It affects the journey which I respect and remember.
It affects the reputation of the item when people can say like " Meh. Just buy it from the Black AH."
Its about respecting game design and enjoying knowing there are rare, awesome, challenging in RNG terms pieces of gear out there.

And that there are NO easier ways of getting them.

I hardly see the correlation of paying at least several 100ks of gold to a million as given to me.

besides how many people do you think have millions of gold to spent at the bmah in the hope they might get that item they want.

1 Like