PvP Boosters Destroyed the meaning of arening

If you had half a clue regarding boosting, you’d know that wouldn’t change much, at all. It’s as easy now as it was in the past, sorry to break it to you.

Funny, you’re too dense to come up with your own insult.

I’ve spoken against it in many other posts, this time I’m just pointing out that it’s cute low rated scrubs like you only care now, but didn’t in the past because it wasn’t affecting you a little. Again, use that lil’ DK brain of yours.

Imagine losing an arguement, and going to “LUL CLASSIC CHAR” because you cant say anything better. :clap: Go back to crying my friend.

I don’t remember having this many ilvl gaps in pvp gear locked by rate. If you gonna bring that argument you might as well prove it smart guy :clown_face:

I don’t really need to come up with anything, your insults are working fine against you.

Again I don’t remember you being against it, if you were you might as well quote yourself and prove your clueless point all you want, but since you are not doing it we will stick to my point and we will consider you either user of it or booster.

That’s the point, I am not the one who is losing argument here, it’s just your delusional side of your little brain which kicks in everytime you are getting opposed by someone.
All you do is proving my point little warrior, You ain’t getting far when it comes to brain usage :clown_face:, Pretending being good all you want while hiding behind classic character, everyone will think that you are a fool everytime you judge someones rate while hiding yours :clown_face:

It is very simple because titles didn’t give you anything besides enchant, transmog and mount. Nowadays they give you power with ilvl so more people are keen on paying for them and there are way more of them than before. Right now there are plenty of boosted animals in the ladder that are gatekeeping new players from having fun and no matter what you say it’s unhealthy for the game.

https://luduslabs.org/sotl if this data is true I repeat it clearly shows there is huge problem with the ladder if participation is bigger.

MoP is the expansion that boosting actually boomed - mainly due to PvE. Every guild that cleared SoO was then boosting it to everybody. My friend for example was boosting Diablous because he wanted mount. We can’t accept boosting and say it’s fine because it’s ruining the whole community of WoW. If you only think about your own profit sure for you it’s fine but if you want this game not to die in few years because it won’t have any players then you should also want to do something about it.

Anyway MoP was released almost 10 years ago and competitive games and ladders standars changed. Esport boomed around the world so every game producer tries to keep them competitive and fair so players who might never be as good as top players can enjoy and have their moments in the game too. If these are new standards why do we have to keep the stance “but it was fine back then”. Maybe it was but now it isn’t. Making racial or sexist jokes 10-15 years ago wasn’t a big deal either but it is now. Times change.

And about your streamers issue because you always mentioned that I like and follow some streamers. I follow them because they are likable - you aren’t. I mentioned Revolol and Magnusz because they seemed to be cool on streams and I follow their twitters. I don’t see anything bad about it. It seems that you have a complex about the fact that someone like other players but no one likes you.

1 Like

It’s pointless arguing with Sillia, he/she is legit Blizz apologist 24/7 on forums that will bow down to anything and everything this system has to offer. Weak mindset, hidden profile.Just to save you some time, I’ve seen your posts, you are a good guy, posting right things, but there is a small chance this expansion is going to get better any time soon.

1 Like

Elite weps used to have a decent ilvl difference.

The fact boosting was as popular in the past as it is now. Damn dude, that was easy. Almost like boosting has always been an issue :thinking:

Because you cant, just like you cant bring an arguement. Smol DK brain.

DK brain again :man_shrugging: Feel free to go to the other posts. I’m not here to do your work for you, but I’m looking forward to seeing you cry more in the future.

Ohey, glad you can admit it!

Correct, it is, especially in the RBG scene(Which boosting almost killed) Which again, is why I find it amusing that people act as if it’s only an issue now, because it affects a few more people, but they didn’t give a F before.

This entire thing, is literally irrelevant to anything being spoken about, you also need to accept WoW isn’t something you can compare to every other Esport.

Which is fair, but you suck up to streamers that are toxic and have the same views :thinking: And even defended people getting banned for RMT’ing and harassment, interesting…

Last I checked, Magnusz is known for being toxic and usually makes fun of people whining about the ilvl issue.

And honestly, I couldn’t care if a few 1400 whiners don’t like me, I dont come to the forums to get petty points like you do.

tbh, nobody cares about you opinion, you are hidding behind classic char, like, you got something to hide?

don’t take me being rude towards you, but you call out others by rating, yet you don’t want to come open about yourself

1 Like

While i think boosting is still prevelant on ladder, especially 1200-1400 and 1400-1600 it has died down somewhat. And now we are left with the people who bought those boosts hard stuck at lower ratings since they cannot climb because they are bad players the whole reason they bought the boost in the first place.

This has inflated the average item level for to be higher for the bracket that you are in. So it creates a situtation where the rewards from your bracket are lower than the average gear of the opponets you face. i.e at 1200+ you are facing people in 1400+ gear and so on.

It doesnt even out until you get to 1800+. The problem being even if you slowly progress your upgrades are not putting you on the same ilvl as your opponents you have to push through two brackets before it evens out. This is why boosting has crippled the ladder and most new players and alts ability to climb unless you have the time and skill to grind it out.

Mix in a sprinkling of still facing boosters at 226ilvl and you have the sh*t show that is current ladder and why people are just giving up and saying sod this and wait on 9.1.

If blizzard dont address this the culture will continue and PvP will continue to suffer, but i doubt they will since its “not agasint the TOS” as long as it is done for gold…but the majority of that gold comes from WoW tokens, you only have to look at how the value of WoW tokens have fluctuated in line with the start of the PvP season to see that.

TL:DR RMT for arena boosting is against the rules unless the RMT is from Blizzard…

Care enough to reply, big boy. But I guess you’re salty no one cares about the many threads you start.

sorry, but that’s not true

i’m gearing my alt right now, at 1,5k i need to face gladiators in almost every 3rd game, i got arenamaster addon and i see their rating, ingame live

yeah i did, cause you act big, yet you hide, big ppl don’t do that

So if something almost killed RBG scene why do we allow it to happen again. You must be bipolar.

But esports set some standards to the ladders in the games and no one with his right mind coming from the game with properly done ladder would stay and play this abomination. You must be really narrow minded not to understand the point.

Yes I defended them because if Blizzard creates such environment with their poor designing then it happens. Let’s be honest everyone who could benefit from it would do it like everyone was using HonorBuddy at one stage until there were actions taken agaisnt it.

But he also admit there is a huge problem and he is likable person. You aren’t.

Anyway

https://twitter.com/sx6_magnusz/status/1387870353616248835

That isn’t really how rating inflation works. It’s true that the placement games are harder, which makes the “introduction” to arenas end in a much lower than average rating once they’re done with them.
But the inflation determines the size of the rating pool. Which means every single character with a rating, you add them on top of each other, and the total amount is the rating pool and its inflation, which Blizzard inflates artificially by 10 points per week on top of the natural inflation.

But the inflation doesn’t determine the sorting process of the rating points themselves.

For example, the higher the rating you’ve got, the more of the percentage of the rating pool you own. The lower rating you’ve got, the less you own.
Normally, you’d imagine this going in a straight line to the top, right? But that isn’t how this system works. And it’s why rating inflation doesn’t automatically mean your rating will go up every week together with the artificial + natural inflation that’s added each week.

What happens instead is that the people with very high win percentages (and therefore rating) ends up controlling the largest bulk of the rating points in the entire rating pool. So the more it inflates, the more they scoop up with their very high chance to win. It gets fed into the top.

There’s a bit of an after-effect to the people below the top of course, but it’s a bit more like they scoop up the scraps instead of taking their full share of the inflation. So it inflates less, the lower you are. Which is why you’ve seen season to season, expansion to expansion, players consistently be at same rating ranges until they themselves starts to improve. Not counting the artificial controls Blizzard does under the hood to try and match the inflation to the participation numbers of course, there have certainly been some outlier seasons in that regard.

Blizzard atm

Not true :slight_smile:
Even tho I didn’t read all of it, I read some quotes and it’s quite clear. He is arguing that boosting was always a thing meanwhile Lichbørne argues we never had that many ilvl gaps locked by rating. This has absolutely nothing to do with the boosting issue. Unless someone really wants to say the boosters were not able to boost on equal gear lvl?

Also I read how it was tried to put words in his mouth like he is pretending everything is fine, meanwhile it’s easy to look up the opposite.

People rn just got the ultimate excuse which are the ilvl gaps. Once that’s fixed, everyone is simply gonna cry about the balance. Remove the ilvl gaps, even more people will quit because there is literally no reason to play, no incentives. Streamers like Venruki complained about that in legion already, I didn’t play back then but even I know it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because I’m not native English speaker I’d have to read it 3-4 times to understand but thank you for clarification. I just used last BFA example of people who were way higher rated than they usually were because there were more players participating.

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Not at all. It’s not that people want to buy boosts because they think it’s ilvl that keeps them low ratred. Ilvl gaps basically are the biggest point of getting boosts for the majority of boosted people. Demand creates supply - this is the simpliest rule in economy.

Again, you’re entirely unable to read, no wonder you’ve never been able to climb.

I don’t want it to be allowed, I just find it amusing that the only reason people like you (1500 andys) care, is because you’re slightly affected by it now.

Can you provide an Esport example for another MMORPG pvp scene?

No, blizzard didn’t, they earned enough without doing what they did, but it’s cute you’ll talk against boosting and then defend RMT boosters and harassers, because you suck up to them on stream. :clown_face:

Is that why he almost got cancelled immediately, with so many clips coming out of him saying similar things as Swappxy? I guess it makes sense you defended those streamers now.
How concerning.

Wow, weapons had an ilvl difference, Wow, almost same as we have right now, but it is on every piece of gear. You ain’t that smart are you?

We hit this wall again, where you bring an argument, but you don’t prove it :thinking: :thinking: How about giving me an source that it is as popular as it was back there, since you are the one who brought that argument in this thread little sillia.

What argument do I need to bring? I didn’t make up things like you are doing right now. That’s actual tho when it comes to you, throwing words left and right, while providing nothing to prove your argument. I don’t have a small brain, but even small brain is better compared to your nonexistent one.

Delusional part of your small brain kicks in again :cry: I am not going to get out of my way to prove argument for you sillia, that’s not how it works unfortunately for you little warrior :clown_face:

How low can you fall to change my quotes, the next level of :clown_face:
All you do is proving my points sillia once again.

You again absolutely miss the point. He is arguing that boosting was always a thing which is true. You cling to this ilvl gaps again. According to thing logic boosting should have not happened before, which is evidentially false.

People just whine more about it now because:

Do you want me to find clips of Reckful advertising for boost sites on his streams in past expansions? The fact Whaazz used to stream with it, Pojke etc too? How new are you to pvp, if you’re so delusional to state it wasn’t a big deal.

Evidently, smarter than you, since I’m able to argue a point without trying to shove words in your mouth, acting as if it was said. But hey, you keep using the excuse of Ilvl, as the reason you’re never been able to climb (Which is funny, because you’re sat higher CR now than before, despite not having same gear advantage)

You did, several times, I even called you out on it, but you’d need to be able to read and understand what’s being said for that to matter.

Again, you’re unable to bring a good reply, so instead of coming up with your own insult, you swiftly go to what I’ve said against you, as you’re unable to come up with something yourself, well done!

When you keep taking something I said, and twist it? I’d say that’s fair. But once again, cant expect much from a guy that never were able to push rating, so now act as if Ilvl is holding him back.

Holy moly, someone that knows how to read.

Pogs in the chat.

It doesn’t have to be MMORPG scene. There are no-MMORPG games that have similar ladders and somehow can make the competition fair. Not like it wasn’t more fair in MoP, WoD or even Cata. BTW even in TBC/Wrath the gaps weren’t as big because it was a piece difference between the bracket. So I can see why you hide your profile if you have such struggles with logic thinking. Mr “Classic” char hidden Andy.

And even if I’d do how is it even related to the discussion? What does it have to do with the fact that boosting is bad for the game but because no one is punished people would do it. If you have an easy opportunity to get profit with no effort you go for it but it doesn’t mean it’s good. Blizzard owns the game and they should care for it to be fun to it’s players it’s not community’s job to make the game fun. Blizzard has a power to do that so they should take any actions simple. The fact it was back then doesn’t justify it nowadays.

They are so cancelled that they are still having few hundred viewers every day both Swapxy and Magnusz because people still enjoy watching them but let’s talk about boosting problem as this is related to the discussion. If you have a problem with me watching streams and liking some people for their personality what’s normal human thing then sorry I can’t help you.

The fact that something was a thing doesn’t justify it and makes it fine now. Slavery was a thing in the past. Does it mean it’s fine now? What mental gymnastic is this.

The main problem is that boosting boomed like never before because in the past no PvE players cared about PvP items. Maybe in TBC some of them got honor weapons to have a good starting weapon for raiding but in this expansion huge group of raiders bought boosts and even though there will be 8 ilvl difference I’m more than sure that a lot of them will buy boosts early season because they get guaranteed heroic ilvl weapon withing 4 weeks.