PvP Boosters Destroyed the meaning of arening

Idk why but that just reminded me of that pokimane simp army meme video :joy:
(kinda off topic I know)

That’s the point tho, he is not saying it’s fine. It’s just you guys want him to have that said.

That was the start of the season for top tier raiders. Regular people like you and me didn’t even notice that. This was some exclusive sort of boosting which you would not even get if you are not dropping at least 4 digits or higher.
People just noticed boosting now because many streamers have easy content with that. Back then (pre token) you could not advertise boosting as you can now.

It does, because WoW is a very different scene, compared to the usual PvP esports you compare to, I know you’re a clown, but even you should be able to grasp that much.

In high rated Wrath, if you weren’t decked in BiS PvE gear, you’d not be able to compete either, so I dunno about that one chief.

It’s relatable, because it shows how messed up you as a person are. You’re fine defending the top boosters and RMT players, but then have the audacity to also complain about it happening, while being one of their biggest defenders, do you not see the irony?

And that’s why they did it, but you always try to act as if they were forced into doing it, using everything you can to defend them, you even made several posts to say they got unfairly banned for RMT’ing.

Can you read? I said almost cancelled immediately, Magnusz addressed it on twitter. Damn dude.

Once again, you read what was said, but dont understand it and ignore it. Good job man, the point is; YOU DIDNT CARE BEFORE IT STARTED HURTING YOU. It’s pathetic.

Apparently it is to you, since you defended people saying racist **** :thinking:

Becuase… He literally simped for the RMT banned players :laughing:

See, this guy gets it.

where do you see that? im just curious. I think especially in the beginning of the season participation was immense. The highest we had in years from my feeling but i have no data to back that up.

I think in general the problem right now is that the season is just too long but i dont really understand why

wasnt the case this season. Cant be only boosts. I think most likely all pvers stopped playing because they no longer need the gear.

its very common. I would say most glads have like 3 to 5 chars. So especially at low rating when you see glads they are most likely alts.

1 Like

A friend told me how he bought tons of gold to buy some trinket(?) and he was killing pretty much everything on his DK. Idk how accurate that is tho. Iirc buying gold back then was only possible on sites and against the ToS, right?

1 Like

Very accurate.

Uuuu… Dont tell me!
Jean Hazzi is advertising for bossting! And his guild is Activision.

:joy::joy::joy:

#IONOUT

You mentioning names doesn’t prove ANY OF YOUR POINTS little lillia, that doesn’t prove anything besides you being totally clueless.

You use disability as an insult now? Slowly you really show your true face, even that classic character can’t hold you up.

Wow people advertised boosing in past as they are doing now? Wait some people got even rmt bans recently? So how exactly you mentioning names proves your point that boosting in past is as big as it used to be now?

Sometimes I feel that you are on the forums only to insult others because there is no logic in what you type. It is an MMO but no other MMO has a ladder that doesn’t fit MMO. If there is ladder then make it work with the ladder.

Again - thing of the past. Currently PvE gear is not valid unless it gives proper stats so leave the past and think about present. At this moment boosting is the problem and PvE gear isn’t so it’s irrelevant.

I was defending players that got over 1 year ban from competing for this. It was a lose to the scene and to the competition - AWC being entertaining. I’m not saying RMT is good whatsoever but I said that punishment was to harsh and stupid as it harmed AWC more than helped the ladder if boosting for gold is legal. My point was that RMT is not legal because there is no Blizzard involved in boosting so they don’t earn. It wasn’t fixing boosting problem it was basically punishing for not involving Blizzard but you already proved you have problems with logical thinking.

It’s not hurting me. I just want to do something for overall WoW PvP community because I can see a lot of people struggling not having fun. I know you are selfish douchbag but not everyone is like you.

They never aimed it to anyone with different skin colour. Also if black people use that word towards each other as synonimus of mate then what do they expect. It was really neutral in terms of context. They did bad of course but it wasn’t a thing to ban someone permanently in my eyes as it wasn’t really racist. Racism is when you truely despise someone of the different skin colour. Did they do it? No.

Nevertheless - my last stance is boosting is bad and everyone knows it. I think it should be addressed. I’m not going to waste time more talking to you because I’m not going to descend to your intellectual level.

Typically, I insult back, as I’ve done this time :thinking:

True, a thing of the past, but it was to showcase that there’s always been a gap in some way shape or form, can we agree to that?

For the current season, but looking at next tier that may not be the case, unless they’re planning on reducing such in pvp (Which admittedly, I’ve not paid much attention to, as 9.1 is long away and I plan on chilling in TBC until then, as I’ve already gotten what I needed from this season)

Fair, the issue is just those players have always been struggling, but now use different excuses, which is obnoxious.

Funny, you call me out for insulting others, but do it as often yourself. Not to mention, I’d argue most of the whine threads are selfish, as they ignore the prime reason they’re struggling, and lash out at something else to use that as a scapegoat.

It wasn’t.

Can you prove that? It’s easy to make a tweet longer to apologise for something you knew wasn’t ok, when you got caught. But I guess you’re gonna trust that, even though it wasn’t first offenses :man_shrugging:

Evidently, not that bad, when you suck up to all the RMT boosters and defend them (wonder why)

So maybe, you should actually learn something, as unlike you, I want all the RMT boosters banned, with something done towards it, whereas you just wanna act like it’s bad, while defending all of them.

Funny how that works.

You should never waste time on a classic level 20 hidden profile clown.

3 Likes

Much like people should never take advice from a DK that first got glad in BFA S4 and then got boosted in SL :man_shrugging:

Ignore him guys - that’s the best way of dealing with such people. This guy doesn’t even know why is he arguing but he argues just to argue. The whole discussion is about the fact boosting is bad and it destroys fun in the ladder while everyone knows that it boomed to the next level this season. Then the same guy says he wants to punish everyone boosting for RMT. What’s the purpose of arguing for 1 hour with everybody then?

Whenever someone disagrees - first of all check his rating - figure how he got it and then try to bash because he “was obviously” boosted or is salty because he didn’t get rating while being hidden behind lvl 20 classic character.

What’s more statements like “I did what I wanted to do in S1 SL” means that this guy is burned out and doesn’t even play arenas because he likes them. He plays for rewards and thinks that everyone is like that. I play arenas for the sake of playing arenas as I like them. I can play them just because I enjoy the format but nowadays it’s very hard concept for people to understand that being high rated doesn’t always mean fun.

I’m basically mindblown with the fact that people can just write walls of text just insulting other while they agree with the main point of the discussion that boosting is bad. How the hell is anyone treating these forums serious if people are arguing while agreeing on the main point of the discussion. This is circus and no wonders that no one treats these forums serious.

i dont understand the sense of this whole discussion with those pro boosting dudes who are not pro boosting but [random bla bla]… just go out and see yourself, is the game in a healthy state or not. for me it is not, so i dont play atm. idk how other players see this. anyone got some data about pvp population? would be genuinely interested in seeing how the player base is reacting to the current situation. personally i find it hard to believe that ranked pvp is of any fun right now but as said, other peeps might see this differently.

Not to be rude…but guys you’re arguing about a dying game and a dead season on a game forum that isn’t even acknowledged by the creaters.

I’m sure you can find something more productive than typing up essays here

3 Likes

this

nobody cares about eu forums apart from mods :stuck_out_tongue:

Once again, you put words in peoples mouths when you cant win an arguement, well done!

Didn’t you shame Gladiators for wanting to play with their friends in the past, thus sitting lower rated? Strange.

You mean, like how you insult people and claim X was said, when it wasn’t? Maybe that’s why you get insulted. But nah, lets leave logic behind.

I still care a little bit but people like some above take the rest of will to fix anything here.

Imagine that someone is here literally to argue being non-productive this whole time ruining the topic just for the sake of argue and insulting others as I bet it gives him/her pleasure.

I seriously wanted to do something for this community but people for some reason love this toxic environment. Everyone helps this game to collapse - devs, players. Maybe I should stop taking care at all as you.

Rating boosting and gold selling have always been around, when gold selling became a large market that affected the game on a clearly noticeable scale it got dealt with, same has to happen with larger scale boosting communities and companies.

You can never stop friends helping friends, but when it goes out of proportions then it need to be shut down.

2 Likes

Well back in time (nowadays i cba) i used to be encouraged by facing better players. I wanted to win against everyone and i wouldnt mind queing 100times into same people till i learnt how to win. For example facing jpeg were the most fun arenas for me back then. I guess wining is fun and if you want to win then you have to improve? Tbh i dont see how can you have fun without improving since being stucked at same cr/mmr for a long period of time is not fun. Also you can’t really improve if you face worse players than you. Tbh when i play just for fun idc if i win or lose and if i want to improve then the goal should be beating better players right and if you dont want to face them how do you improve? Also when it comes to 2s. I dont think boosting is what keeps people down since i sometimes help random people myself most of my arenas end in like 1-2 minutes and i dont think people playing at idk 1600-2200mmr would be somehow unbeatable or for some reason i dont see any boosts.
Also i hated being outplayed so if i would get outplayed i would have wanted insta rematch.
Well obviously curent gearing system is not optional and imo cata was the best one but thats another story.

1 Like

If you play vs worse people than you - you will push. That’s how it works. If you don’t win with “worse players” then they aren’t technically worse. What I mean is as completely new player who want to learn basics facing someone with thousands of hours played won’t be a pleasant experience.

While I agree that playing vs people 1-2 ranks higher helps you improve but playing vs gladiator/rank 1 as unranked/combatant wouldn’t teach you much if you consider that gladiator/rank 1 player will also have almost 30 ilvl advantage.

What I also don’t want to say is that boosting isn’t root cause of the problem. Booming boosting right now is only effect of the wrong decisions taken by Blizzard. I’ll try to explain what I mean:

Homogenized gear for PvP and PvE causes low honor/conquest gain to match the tempo of PvE progression.

Homogenized gear for PvP and PvE causes ilvl gaps in PvP gear to mirror PvE progression.

Ilvl gaps create even bigger gaps between new and best players who with their skill don’t need the gear advantage.

Bigger gap between brackets cause people to get stuck because if you play vs someone with better gear simply outplaying him isn’t enough. You have to be better in every aspect to win.

Being stuck encourages people to look for excuses -> gear

Having worse gear encourages people to buy boosts.

Homogenized PvP and PvE gear causes PvE players to buy boosts.

Facing boosters encourages more people to buy boosts.

While boosting itself was never so huge the real problem isn’t that people buy boosts but gearing that causes that chain I mentioned above. I understand it’s an MMO game but Cata/MoP/WoD style of gear progression was nice already. You had progression of Honor and Conquest gear. Last stage was just progressing rating. Why do we need all these ilvl upgrades? The idea that raiders would love to go to push gladiator to get gear in PvP is just stupid. Maybe high end world first guilds - yes but not every PvE player would do this.
Why do we need to have homogenized gear.

I also agree with you that many people look for excuses. I play other games too in Dota 2 it’s always team that “keeps them from pushing” while they don’t develop certain skills but the fact you have to win 360 games to get full conquest gear now while facing 220-226 ilvl players isn’t pleasant experience and facing gladiator/rank 1 player as 1600 player isn’t either. 1-2 rank higher is good for practicing and learning but facing someone who is 5x better in every aspect of arena is just breaking experience. As ancient player in Dota 2 (equivalent of duelist) you will be absolutely destroyed by high Divine or Immortal player (gladiator and rank 1) as they have way better mechanics and knowledge. Not every encounter is teaching you anything because guy is just too good. It’s like putting LeBron James vs primary school kid in 1v1. You may put high school talent against so he can do ok and learn but when gap is so huge it’s not a learning experience. The truth lies in between. While boosting and gear isn’t what keeps most of them from pushing it makes the process and learning harder and that’s not a great environment for new players that arena community would like to gain. Otherwise the amount of PvP players will only shrink. With all these games with competitive ladders WoW arena just isn’t attractive to them. While they can play MOBA or shooter like CS:GO/Valorant and learn by playing vs similarly skilled players so they improve and get higher step by step by practicing more new skills in WoW arena you are slapped in the face by glad/rank 1 player boosting pleb at lowest possible bracket. When you learn that there will be no consequences of boosting because it was for gold then you will never ever play arenas again.

1 Like