PvP changes in 9.1.5

Some things are happening so I wouldn’t panic over Spinning Crane Kick buff. It’s just M+ aoe cap removal related change. We already see Triune and Kyrian Warrior legendary nerfed so there is hope.

I hope they will tone down WW’s one shot but with some compensation to the spec because in my eyes it’s only viable due to this gimmick one shot. It’s squishy and if it won’t be able to kill in setups then it’s going to drop few tiers.

I hope Blizzard to nerf Necrolords Warrior conduit in PvP and maybe lower the amount of mastery in PvP to let’s say 400 instead of 500.

BM needs some tuning on it’s damage and maybe a bit longer CD on Feign Death with lego since it removes killing Hunter as winning condition for some casters.

Mage is already getting nerfed and it’s nerf we needed - we just don’t know if it’s enough.

The last thing we need is Dwayne to get reworked and then more specs would pop up.

1 Like

wich nerfs to war spear and wich nerfs to mages are you talking about?

1 Like

lol there is no monk sck buff in next patch, read the notes again

Svir: I think you have to read the notes again.

Since wws were not waiting for 6 stacks usually this translates into a buff.

4 Likes

It would be interesting for any kind of fix and buff to enhancement shaman, but I guess thats too much to ask for.

If arms and bm is god tier, enha will have its place in the meta. It was like this since the very beginning, enha works with those two specs. If they’ll buff enh more/bringing it to war/ww level, you’ll have much more hard time winning vs mindless turbo or beastcleave

The only thing they need is reduce Bloodlust mana cost again and Enha is back.

It’s literally 6% flat dmg buff on SCK with 2 targets and 9% with 3.

• Warrior

• Elysian Might’s (Kyrian Runecarving Power) Critical Strike damage bonus reduced to 15% in PvP Combat (was 25%).
  • Mage

• Triune Ward Casting any Barrier spell grants the effects of Blazing Barrier, Ice Barrier, and Prismatic Barrier. Each absorb shield has 65% effectiveness.
      Inventory Type: Neck, Chest

• Effect #1 Apply Aura: Dummy Modifies Damage/Healing Done
      Value: 65
      (Pvp Multiplier: 0.770.5385)

These changes

Imo it means they see the feedback and they listen. They are just terrible at the communication.

Instead of leaving note that they acknowledge spec: x, y, z are performing too well and you can expect some nerfs soon. Then there is literally 0 information.

Yes but it also worked very well with F DK in season 1 but since meta is so physical damage oriented DKs are not good anymore. Joel and Swapxy played it a lot last season. I can also imagine that with BL every minute Enha would have some synergy also with other specs.

But it still would be a very one dimensional spec without any variety and with the same problems remaining. There need to be some balancing for our undertuned legendarys, buffs to general mw spenders and a reliable, non toxic def mechanic. (unlike the overtuned healing atm)

Knowing Blizzard - not going to happen. I’m talking about realistic things.

1 Like

Those are ex pros playing with ex pros healers. I’ve played enh dk with lfg to glad last season and it was a mess. Turbo and beastcleave are much more zug-zug with less coordination needed. But I get ur point. I’d wish unholy will be back too, to be able to play with casters once again

1 Like

How impactful is this to change? Is it a still bis? :thinking: Want to throw away my dk and embrace warrior.

Yes it is. Because it extends Spear by 4 sec and that’s why everyone rerolled to Kyrian. This legendary also increased Crit damage by 25% during spear that is the main win condition for most Warrior meelecleaves. It will significantly reduce Arms damage during the biggest burst window.

They also need to address Necro Warrior Banner + Avatar CD stacking. If you get 20% damage increase + 500 mastery + 15% Strength then to get matters worse add Warbreaker and you get 2 hit by him. People say that it’s rarely happening. Then check Mud’s stream highlights. Not to mention that 500 mastery for Ret, R Druid or R Shaman in 3s during the duration makes your team significantly stronger. I’m only afraid that because Necro is weak in PvE they might actually buff it and then every Warrior rerolls Necro.

So it’s still bis? :thinking: yes probably, 4 second duration increase is probably the best part about it I think? I play 2v2 mostly and I don’t really like condemn smashing part.

Condemn actually feels the weekest out of three. It’s good vs other platers since it’s Shadow damage and it adds absorb so Warrior feels more tanky but Necro if you play with Ret is just insane and Kyrian is the most versatile. Condemn actually deals less damage than Execute after armor nerfs. Not only you can play any meelecleave but you can also use it to peel for meele partner.

1 Like

That’s interesting. If I have not made a mistake in thinking the legendary will not have any value in PvP beside purge protection with that change. Maybe mages drop to 90% immortality instead of 100%? :wink:

Personally I am not as excited about it. I would be only excited if that legendary would increase the effect of that one barrier the mage has with his spec and that’s maybe increased by 20% in PvP. With that the legendary wouldn’t be meta anymore.

Just in your dreams. You will wake up and realize its still a nightmare. :wink:

If you ask me, they should just remove the stack mechanic from PvP, which would also remove Calculated Strikes which is another 18% per stack as conduit for PvP and the one shot would be fixed!

Just make it that you don’t get any stacks in PvP circumstances, very easy fix I think. Therefore a more regular proc base, not that rng where you sometimes just roll over people but sometimes you don’t get a single proc for 2+ minutes.

While yes. It sound’s reasonable and amazing. It think it’s too complicated for them to code it. From my experience they usually go for simple +/- % s it’s easier to code.

About Triune Though. I think it’s still good because it helps Fire Mage to kite. Frost Barrier gives slow. Overall nerf will remove around 4-5 k absorb from Mage. I think it still will be the way to go but there is a chance that other legendary items for Mage might show up. Keep in mind though that Mages have one of the best bursts in the game without damage legendary.

It is, but I mean they could just make it 0% in PvP then. :wink:

Seriously, can’t be so hard to only apply the stack if the monk isn’t in PvP combat. They have that done for many other things as well.

Enhance is great in 3s with warrior due to being a buff-bot and getting survivability. Only with warrior and only with doomwinds. Enhance is the least played dps in 2s atm and it has nothing to do with bloodlust mana :smiley:

Enhance has its place in the meta, with only one legendary and only one comp. It has 50 enhancement over 2.1k in 2s. Its incredibly bad due to the worst survivability and the easiest counterable burst.

Enhance needs more ways to play and a solid survivability fix.

Of course it has. Enhance was S tier early in season one but only as Orc. Turbo was insanely strong back then but we also saw a lot of other Enha comps. Even Enhance/Caster/Healer and they were good (not S tier but good). For some reason BL didn’t cost mana and Heroism did so nobody played Enhance in Alliance. As soon as they “fixed” it everyone stopped playing with BL. These who still tried faced extreme survivability issues. While I agree I don’t like Healing Surge spam I think that it’s realistic before 9.2 to ask for BL cost reduced as it will already improve Enhance a lot and then eventually a bigger rework in 9.2.

There is literally 0% chance Blizzard will make any significant Enhance design change. Rather expect +/- % for certain abilities.