PVP Enchant

So every elite set has a primal stonish appearance with Fiery effects (Flames +Lightning)

We get Blue Lightning with Wind effects… perfect balance :smiley:

At this point, just add an item we get at 2100 like the Vicious Saddle that we can trade for any previous expansion Illusion.
Cant understand how the best Illusion was released 10 years ago and we are getting this crap.

7 Likes

& the best tabard was released 14 years ago :exploding_head:

I think a better question is why Blizzard have intentionally created this specific set of circumstances.

Because the thing is, they’ve always been able to create more of those old illusions but in different colors, and they’ve always been able to mess with the exclusivity design of it. Because fact is, if they bring those exact same illusions back with “saddles” as you suggested, then it’d directly reduce the perceived value of those illusions.
If you want an example of that effect, then just picture yourself being able to create every illusion with a console command and then it’d be added to your account. What value would you find in that? What if everyone else could also do it and all of you walk around with it? What value would you find in that?

But Blizzard have intentionally kept it this way, and intentionally OK’d completely different kinds of enchant animations with different particle density. What people think looks best based only on the way it looks is hard to quantify, but one pattern I’ve personally noticed is that people tend to prefer the enchant illusions that completely, or almost completely, covers the weapon so that it becomes very noticeable, with very thick particle density.

Anyway, so Blizzard could, if they wanted to, change this FOMO effect. But they haven’t. It’s the same kind of psychological manipulation behind the rarity design of stuff like the spectral tiger. Do you really think people would be spending thousands of dollars worth of their own currency, on something like a spectral tiger, if there was no heightened exclusivity effect behind its design?

But so what I find odd, is how Blizzard haven’t been able to produce better enchant illusions. Only reason I can think of, is that they’re not doing it on purpose. They seem to want those old illusions to be perceived as the best made, for some reason. (One possible reason is that they might want to be saving their “best hits” so that when an expansion becomes really disliked and the game is in trouble, they pull out something that they know players want, to use as bait to make something bad seem good in investors’ eyes.)

I dont mind them keeping seasonal content locked,but how is SL season 4 eternal flux illusion even a disccussion ? thats not matter of preference, i simply refuse to understand that.

WOD / LEGION / MOP were best pvp illusions and actually worth of rating.Duelist as its easy to get at the moment is still like less than 3% of the playerbase,if they datamind DF s2 illusion before the season starts ill literally wont bother playing arenas.

Only BFA dreadflame and SL season 1 sinful flame were decent,the rest were not bad but hilarious,any junior programmer can do better with basics im more than sure,its an OBVIOUS DOWNGRADE.

They should just use mop as a default and change colors.Go check eternal flux,and if you think thats worth of 2.1 then you have some kind of problem.And you can literally buy random AH for 100g illusion that looks 20x better and most important i wanna SEE the freaking illusion thats worth of 2 months it took them to make.

1 Like

Best tabard was grievous & prideful! Although I couldn’t get them myself, I’ve always found them to be the absolute best ones!

There you go, that’s the new PvP enchant illusion for (at least) DF s1. It’s up on PTR. (I imported your character so you can see what it looks like with your transmog.)
Question remains if it’ll be used for more seasons in DF or not though, since it doesn’t really fit the theme of a “Crimson” season.

I know how it looks,what i meant is more effect and similiar to mop,legion illusions.Eternal flux was barely visible

My rant about the Saddle is more of a fk it dont do any more illusions if its to be like this.
I dont want the old illusions because its prestigious and i dont want to take that away from anyone that took the time and effort to get them, just like Ahead of the Curve Mounts or Mage Tower weapons, its in the past and we should move on.

And my problem isnt even just how dense the effect is, just look at any good quality lightning in the game (like fury warrior pvp weapons for example) and compare it to the crap that is the lightning of that enchant. And worst, its not even covering the weapons properly.

Shadowlands enchants were miserable, its like a patern on top of the weapons with a bit of shine, and Dragonflight is following its footsteps. I mean look at the Primal Fire illusion, its like the flame is going up and down glued to the weapon and then u have some soft flames coming out.
Compare this to the Bleeding Hollow or Flames of Ragnaros, just looks awful and with no care in the world. Most of Shadowlands and Dragonfight enchants even cover the handle instead of the blade like it should (Venthyr enchant even gets applied outside of some weapons all bugged).

This all begun the moment blizzard decided to put less effort on the quality of the mogs.
We had 2 full expansions with classes sharing PvP and PvE set appearances and thats just unbelievable. Illusions just dont have any effort put behind them and even the Sinful Flame only has people like it because it darkens the whole model, nothing else.

You should’ve seen WoD s2 and WoD s3. :laughing:

Whats even worse is that im more than sure they will come up with some kind of dumb excuse like no resources or blabla.How the hell it takes 2 months implement that illusion into first patch or 10.0.5,and on top of that we get this lol.

I thought there is some kind of program where you just play around or swap colors and thats it,obviously it takes 2 months a group of people to get one.

1 Like

I respect your opinion, but also you are wrong. Best tabards are from wrath.

2 Likes

there is worse ones tbf.

6 Likes

Tbf the WoD one didn’t really “consume” it like glorious and demonic does. There was also a while when glorious was “nerfed” because of some random people complaining about it causing FPS drops, and then brought back into what it is today but it’s a different animation, particle density and color scheme on it, although at least with the way it’s been since then it can be said to be similar to the old one. :laughing:

never understood why people like demonic tyranny so much tbh. its just a green cloud around ur wep?

but ye the primal storm one a disappointment for me.

1 Like

isnt it out yet?

This is is the enchant we get for waiting so long? :sunglasses:

Someone once gave a great example to a similar question! Don’t remember word for word, but simply because it’s overwhelming. It can be seen from far away and is somewhat recognizable at first glance. These new barebones enchants are just underwhelming. For the average player, there is no incentive for pushing to 2.1, when the enchant is pretty much identical to ones that can be bought from the AH for a few thousand gold (Primal Air, Mastery…). Some weapons make the enchants look even better, such as the RBG Polearm, and it is literally non-existant on it.

No idea about the demonic one, but the panda one was bright dark red, nicely recognizable and also had the benefit of making a weapon that would not fit specific transmog actually fit it because the red glow was overshadowing the color of the weapon that would not have matched the set

1 Like

the red one looks better i think it also has an additional visual effect that looks like its dripping. but ye nothing i personally would need recolours of.

tbf tho i can see why a hunt would like to have demonic tyranny. not rly good green illusions out there i know of.