Pvp gear need some buff

what, just do your rotation/mechanics in pve and you will be fine, the mechanics are boring. pvp at least as some dynamic changes

1 Like

This is not retail, this is classic

It’s not players fault that the process is tied to grinding a borderline PvE Event.

And lets not sit here and kid ourselves that PvE in SoD is some monumental undertaking, the gear should be beneficial depending on the purpose of it, and I don’t see why you would argue otherwise, since that’s how it was designed.

If you don’t like dying in World PvP, you don’t have to roll a PvP server.

Regardless, PvE gear still performs perfectly well in PvP against PvP geared players, so your perceived disadvantage is pretty thin.

Where did you see pvp in sod? At the entrance to blackrock mountain? This is griefing, not pvp.

Bruh, where did you see pvp?
Maybe you got mixed up Wow with Counter Strike or Quake or even League of Legends? There is no pvp. Nobody is watching that arena kindergarden in retail on twitch, its like 10k max viewers per global event. What a joke.
Stop bringing this words to mmo. There is no real PVP, no skill, just different styles of grief.

You are talking about balancing something that do not exists in this game. Developers already got it, no need to balance something dead or even not born. PVP in old style mmo is just griefing, everybody who plays wow already used to it and dont care.

Only some random guys wanna changes to grief other people the way they want. Nah, no reason for devs to spend time on it.
Wanna pvp? Welcome to other games. But maybe there won’t be a 5-to-1 advantage. So thats why you’re whining here.

Love it when PvE andies come and comment on PvP topics.
PvP gears need to offer better survivability to make it more viable. There’s no question about it since there is no segregated balance between PvE and PvP in SoD.
Only way to impact the one without the other is through specialized gears it’s not that hard to understand.
The major grief I see in SoD is the amount of PvE enjoyers who rolled on PvP servers and wonder why they get farm during PvP events… I mean come on, we know you don’t like it but roll on a bloody PvE server and be done with it.

2 Likes

BRM ain’t the only PvP area, wPvP still exists, BGs exist. Literally you spoke like a true PvE andy.

1 Like

WSG and AB are dead, nobody plays it. AV is a horse running simulator. wPVP is just a grief. And you can only try to insult me by putting on patterns.

Even in retail wow devs homogenized every class in approach to balance the pvp and they failed.

Railgun always do 100 dmg. Always.
You do 1300 to 1700 with a 30% crit chance. LOL

There is no balance, there wont be any balance, you are playing the most unbalanced version of wow ever, stop pretending to be some kind of elitist and find pvp in a skill based pvp game.

2 Likes

Buddy if anyone’s whining, its not the other people in this thread.

I can’t compete with whatever opinion you’ve drilled into yourself. So I’ll agree to disagree.

See you in the mountain :v:

not everyone plays AV like you say they do, lol.

again spoken like PvE player, not every wPvP is grief mind you.

because its for pvp right?
doesn’t matter if its -50% or -15%.
for all i care, the argument being made is that pve gear should not be viable in pvp, so then the same goes the other way around and thus you CANNOT use it in pve AT ALL.

if anything it should outright unequip from your character’s loadout the second you hit a mob in pve, because that’s the same logic being used against pve gear in pvp.

the argument the pvp andy here is making, is that my pve gear should not be viable in pvp and on the contrary his pvp gear should get him an outright advantage against it.

i might have been exaggerating a bit to the point of seeming unreasonable, but its to prove a point.
if you think my argument here is dumb, then just keep in mind that its the same argument pvp andy here is making, just from the polar opposite perspective.

and that’s fine, you can have that for pvp and pvp only thus -50% damage to all non-player characters across the board.

if your argument is that you should take 15% less damage (or whatever your wishful thinky number is) from me by token of wearing pvp gear vs. my pve gear, i’d say its only fair your pvp gear is useless in anything but pvp, and preferably not even in wpvp because it would be grief to have people run around ganking players decked in pve gear in open world while wearing pvp gear.

it would be downright toxic.

the new meta would become using pvp gear in pve because if you encounter an enemy player, you’ll flat out lose if you aren’t using pvp gear.

I agree, must be in the top ranking

1 Like

Then i might have misunderstood. Seemed like you wanted 50% less dmg done from pvp gear in pve and pve gear only 15% less in pvp.

Thats not the arguement, the arguement is that pvp gear should be better for pvp. Same goes for pve, pve gear should be better.

This goes the other way around too then, you CANNOT use pve items in pvp.

You seem to be caught up in “viability”. You can use pve gear, but you would do better with pvp in a PVP setting. Same goes for pvp gear in pve, it works but you would do better with pve items.
Thats how it should be. If 2 completely equal players face off in a 1v1 (same race/class/profs etc) the guy with pvp gear should win. Simply because pvp gear is better for pvp.

As it stands now, it requires far less time to gear up in pve than it does in pvp. The amount of hours i’ve needed to farm just to get to rank 10 is a decent chunk. Not to mention how much its required to get to rank 14 (for pvp weapons)

Spend all that time getting to rank 14, only for the gear to be sub-par from pve. Thats not really fair, is it.

I dont want to have to pve to be able to do stuff in pvp.
Yes, i know its an “old” game. But i still find it unfair, that i have to do a mode (that i dont really like), in order to enjoy the part i actually do like.

Well, thats equally dumb if so.

1 Like

… yes…

OR

and try to keep up now; we don’t decide that gear obtained through pvp should be automatically better than anything you can get in pve based on arbitrary reasoning.

pvp is a braindead farm so easy you can literally AFK your way to obtain it, and i’ll be damned before my tier 1, and soon to be tier 2 gear gets demolished by someone wearing it because “its pvp gear”.

this line of reasoning was always illogical and stupid.
go get your bis gear and thus earn your right to crush me.
you don’t get to crush me by token of wearing “the right type of gear”.

you buying a bunch of blue gear from a vendor after afk farming AV for a week does not give you automatic right to kill me in pvp - especially considering my gear is far harder to obtain as it is.

except this is vanilla, and there is no such thing as resilience, nor should there be.
i know the concept of bis gear for pvp being obtained outside of pvp bgs is foreign and outrageous to some of you retail tourists, but that’s how classic is supposed to work.

you don’t get to automatically beat another player by wearing muh pvp gear and that’s a good thing.
if you want your bis gear for pvp go do raids like everyone else and stop demanding that your afk-gear should beat someone who struggled in heat 3 for the past 4 weeks by the sole virtue of being “pvp gear”.
that’s absurd.

explain to me why that is.
why is the guy in pve gear less qualified to win?
he certainly struggled more than you did for his gear, so i don’t see the logic.
is it because he didn’t get “the right type” of gear?
why is the gear he obtained through a different avenue what disqualifies him AUTOMATICALLY from the win here?
why should the win condition be “i got pvp vendor gear” and absolutely nothing else?

incorrect.

it is far less than the time you would have spent farming bis in raids, and that is a guarantee.

this isn’t era.
farming honor and getting ranks is literally a non-issue, which is even more of a reason why your “pvp gear” shouldn’t automatically hand you the win.

if we had the old honor system where you compete to rank up you’d have a point, but that is not the case.
as long as you can afk farm your way to rank 14, there is no case to be made that pvp gear should automatically win out against pve gear.

then accept the fact that people who do, will beat your underpowered character to a pulp.

okay, how about this uno reverse card that i’m about to throw at you:
why should i have to do a mode that i may or may not enjoy to beat you in pvp?
i don’t wanna afk farm bgs, and so i am not allowed to beat you in i.e world pvp when i engage you in my pve gear?
you see how retarded that sounds?

why is it okay for you to force me into bgs to win in pvp, but its not okay for me to tell you to go farm raids?
that’s hypocritical.

bingo.
that is the whole point.

Wow that straw really turned into 50 chickens :joy::rofl:

I was gonna write a lengthy response, but i couldnt be arsed.

This is where you and i differ. You seem to enjoy pve (as far as i can tell) more than pvp. Which is fine, but you also want your PVE gear to be better than PVP gear in pvp. I obviously strongly disagree (and so does most of those who actually enjoy pvp)

You can say its classic/era and not retail etc, but that argument doesnt hold water since this is SoD. There were a ton of things you never had in classic that you have now.

There is nothing in the way of updating the pvp gear, to have a proper purpose in where its intended; pvp.

This game has catered to pve’ers for years(!), making bis items for pvp obtainable through raids. It wasnt until MoP where that wasnt the case.

2 Likes

that’s fine. don’t expect it to change a whole lot though.
consider yourself lucky if the rank 14 gear gets buffed to the point where it gives some pvp advantage over pve gear.

SOD is still classic, thus no resilience.
i would argue that a lot of the things that wasn’t in classic that we have now have no place in classic wow as well, but that is a different can of worms.

good, just the way classic andies like it.
want the best gear?
go raid.
or wait for your rank 14 gear i suppose.

Mate stop digging into that pile of poop you call an idea. It’s dumb.
There has to be a difference in terms of power output between PvP gears and PvE gears, for sure. That’s always how it’s been. PvP gears give more HP/resilience/resistance/armor or whatever AT THE COST of agi/str/crit/sp etc.

So when you PvE, you’re obviously gonna pick your PvE gears since you do more damage with it but if you PvP you might wanna take your PvP gear to not be dropped in a second by any random passer-by. What is so hard to understand here ?
The only possible issue will reside in tanks that might be interested in PvP gears for PvE but if the PvP gear doesn’t offer any form of mitigation it should not be better than it’s PvE counterpart.

At what point in the whole conversation could you not imagined that the increased survivability of PvP gear would not come at the cost of power output ?

no, there doesn’t.

not in classic (vanilla) which this game is based off of.

all it does is make sure everyone is using pvp gear in pve because it automatically hands whoever is wearing pvp gear the win, which is a bad meta.

not true.

in open world you end up wearing your pvp gear because if someone shows up in pvp gear to kill you, you lose if you aren’t.

farming black lotus? better be wearing that pvp gear because if some competitor shows up and he is wearing pvp gear, you auto lose.

doesn’t matter. pvp gear = win against someone in pve gear, and that’s a :poop: system

sounds fair to me, they grinded for it so they should be killing people without said gear.