Pvpers, this is it

if you wanna bring back honor as currency
lets start with removing clueless /lowgears from queueing epic bgs

waste of time to queue a random epic only for your team to lose first fight cause not everyone cares to win

where are the old ashran/prepatch alterac- like fights its even and you dont know who will win yet

I know everyone has different views, but I quite liked the idea of Resilience and I didn’t mind getting my tail handed to me when I farmed my pvp set, I kind of expected it. To me it’s the same as raiding, when you first go into a new raid at the start of the expansion it isn’t supposed to be easy, as you get better gear and as a team master the mechanics you get better, going from heroic to mythic maybe.

Would it not be the same for a pvp’r going into a raid in pvp gear?

Again I know a lot will disagree, but for me it was the ‘end goal’ farm that (despite being meat for the grinder in the beginning) until I had the gear whereby I felt I could be competitive :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What pvp needs it so be made completely separate from PVE. All other systems are going to feel half arsed or a waste of time.

1 Like

Thing is, M+ and different raid tiers exist. You can progress by doing M+2s and normal raids, then you can carry that on to M+10 and heroic, etc.

With PvP, you can’t select a level of content to match you. You just lose. There’s nothing you can do but hope that the system will actually match you up to a BG containing many low level casuals like yourself. And when it doesn’t, i.e. more often than not, you get nothing from it and it just wastes your time.

As odd as it sounds, I would advocate moving PvP to being rewarded for participation. Sure, have cosmetics that only the victors get, but the fundamental power curve needs to be possible even if you’re losing a lot. It would probably help stem the flood of people going to Horde too. If you get the same reward whether you won or lost, you don’t have to base your faction choice on the win rate.

Oh, it was. There was a raid boss in Wintergrasp that got pugged a lot, and we were constantly having people in full Resilience gear show up and we’d have to boot them out because they wouldn’t do any damage in PvE. They might have a full set of this season’s gladiator gear, but they’d be lower than the tanks on damage done.

But again, this is why I don’t want a stat for PvP. It divides the player base; if you regularly play either PvE or PvP, then to do the other, you have to start at the bottom, and many people don’t want to.

3 Likes

ye just bring back WOD pvp gear.
tier1 pvp gear is purchased with honor (queuable pvp content)
tier2 pvp gear is for conquest (rated stuff but no rating requirement)

WOD did not have any PvP-only stat on it, but instead it had PvP item level. The whole item was better in pvp combat, as it had like +30 ilvl in pvp combat. It was enough to make even simple honor gear better than most of mythic raid gear.

8 Likes

What i prefer about a pvp only stat is that it doesn’t make pvp gear completely useless in pve and vice-versa.
I really didnt mind warglaives and shadowmourne for example, as long as there is a trade off (more pve gear = less survivability) i think you can have some fun interactions like sub rogues in tbc going a mix of pvp and pve gear if they wanted too.
But at this point i’ll take what i can. MoP/Wod gearing, tbc/wotlk/cata gearing.
All i want is for pvp gear to be the best gear 99% of the time in pvp, with that 1% being outliers like glaives and mourne, and to be attainable through currency from a vendor.

Also, the vendor NEEDS to have every single secondary stat combination.

I agree with a PvP vendor, but a PvP stat should definitely not be making a comeback. Getting absolutely obliterated by a worse player just because they just so happen to have the right gear on is not something that should happen. It would also kill PvP for casual PvPers who don’t PvP enough to farm PvP gear, and farming said PvP gear without PvP gear isn’t a great feeling either. We already have Varsatility, which seems to work well and I don’t see a reason to change it.

I love it when PvP has it’s own stat but I’m someone who only dabbles very casually with PvP. I think I prefer when the two different parts of the game have clear defined gear types and we are not forced to venture into the other.

11 Likes

It’s such a simple system, Wich we already had long ago, why is it for blizz so hard to do it again looks this?!

Your post should get to a blue and redirected to the devs.

Since they removed PvP stat and pushed us full of external Powers I don’t even touch PvP anymore…
And I pvp do it casually

3 Likes

I understand that players don’t want to and I can see the reasoning as it is painful to start from the bottom.

Again I never expect people to share my view, but if I can explain my reasoning a little for a pvp gear set or stat.

If I try to do a high end mythic+ without any gear/experience or rio score, I would expect to be rejected. If I hit 120 and just in the gear I had got from questing I applied for a heroic/mythic raid, I would probably be rejected.

It is the norm for people to play other aspects of the game to ‘gear up’ towards the end activity that they wish to do, this has always been the case. So yes to me if I want to pve and pvp then yes I expect to have the relevant gear for the content I want to play.

I know we will not agree, but I have said this before when I played in WoTLK (which is still my favourite expansion), I loved to pvp as well as raid. I farmed a pvp set, it was horrible at first as like you say I was ‘meat for the grinder’ but eventually I got my set and could enjoy the pvp aspect as I wanted to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To be honest, corruption, essences and azerite gear made it way less accessable then to farm some PvP gear.

Also, why is it such a burden for people to get a PvP set? It’s easier and faster then to farm corruptions etc. It’s not like that we have our bags full of gear when you play more then one specc.

1 Like

I support this as mainly a pveer simply because I remember PvP was just more fun to chase when there was a difference how pvp gear acted in PvP (think PvP power but also resilience and also the iLVL buff in instanced PvP)
Good luck on your quest

4 Likes

Yes.
If I want to pve, I’ll gear there.
If I want to pvp, I’ll gear there.
There can be some crossovers like trinkets or weapons, more than that is asking for people to just stop playing the game due to frustration.

5 Likes

pvp gear is a dilema realy, becus back in the days, from TBC, when pvp gear became good for pvp, it gave an hole other problem.
PVP geard people joined raids, dungeons, and underperformed, big time, to the extent pve players started to kick pvp geard players from their group and rightly so.
but pvp players started to complain, that they got shafted from end game again, and pve players didnt want the in their group.

so Blizzard changed the pvp gear to work in pve also, but buy doing that, they had to make it lower item level that pve gear, what again caused problems

only solution to this problem is, to make a pvp tab, for pvp gear, that can only be used in instanced pvp, and you automaticly get that gear if you start to pvp.

Yes please. Bring back Resilience, PvP was a better state back then, PvErs will always have the upper hand (High raiding ones) but they were a lot easier to kill without having Resilience.

2 Likes

Why are some of you so obsessed with having a PvP stat in your gear? Isn’t it enough if it’s possible to get gear that’s just as good as the gear you get from M+ and raiding? That way you can also jump into PvE content more easily if you want to without having to farm all the pieces over again.

No because we want to pvp only and be gods against plebians who only fight NPCs in this game. We want to exit the open world and be able to mutilate all the PvE heroes while also not being forced to do content we don’t like. We want Battlegrounds to be meaningful again and arenas to be only for people that actually invest time in PvP.

Simple.
Pve gear is faster to get.
Pve gear goes higher ilvl with less effort.
Pve gear has some trinkets, weapon procs, absolutely insane for pvp.

A pvp Stat fixes all of that.

1 Like

nobody yet explain to me… you gear for pvp and then your gear for pve must be useless?! what about people who do both? how do you balance around the fact that over time its impossible to climb due to established higher average pvp ilvl? at what point stops being skill and more about gear? how can people can “comeback” with a better pvp gear? how you think people will feel after grinding hard on pvp and not be able to use their gear to raid to get that raid mount they like and have to start from bottom?

1 Like

Well not exactly the same kind of accessibility altho I can’t really deny it.

For about the same reasons that players didn’t like having to farm keys to run visions.

Edit :

Fairly sure PVP stats failed to stop PVE items from being broken in PvP tho. You should know it better than i do e.e