Quel’dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race (Part 1)

Not so.

WoW: 2 should hopefully purge Void/High Elves from the Alliance and correct a mistake that should have been amended over a decade ago.

Gotta look on the bright side of things. :relieved:

1 Like

It was either a tattoo or playing in Orgrimmar, and I can ignore the tattoo much more easily. Besides, rp addons let me paint over the tattoo with natural concealer. Just wish I could rinse out this darn hair dye.

Blood elves was only given to the Horde to make the Asian community happy and balance the factions, so don’t even go there. If Void elves will be deleted from Wow 2 I really hope they delete Blood elves too.

All the Game’s problems would be solved without elves. I’m sure my Troll friends agree with me :rofl:

Oh, believe when I say that I’d be more than happy to give up Belfs if the copycats were exterminated in the process.

That aint even a hard choice.

Hmmm for once we agree on something, although I don’t agree on the copy cat term but I won’t go into an argument over it.

I think you will Enjoy classic wow because it has no Blood elves, Void elves, or any of that Allied race stuff

I’m really struggling to make an Alliance character now, gonna take me ages to decide what I’m happy with. Choosing a suitable name is the hardest part.

The playable night elf from vanilla weren’t highborn… The old Kaldorei empire has nothing to do with the Kaldorei race that we have now. Highborn was a name giving to a part of night elf, which most of them are now Nightborne or high/blood/void elf and Naga. The Kaldorei not accepting the Highborn is even what created ‘‘high elf’’ at first since they left Kalimdor and then evolved into what we now know to high/blood/void elf.

Highborn is a name giving to the noble, which are the nightborn and the blood elf. In fact, high elf is the thalassian name for ‘‘quel’dorei’’ which mean highborn in darnassian.

The Highborn which joined and live with the Night elves, are nothing more than arcane user Night elves as they don’t have any nobility.

Highborn was never a race name, it was a meaning, which applies 1000x more to Blood elves and Nightborne than any Alliance elf race.

1 Like

This is the point though. No one asked for Void Elves. They were a half cocked idea by the writers/designers to appease those that wanted Quel’dorei as playable characters.

All we need now is some different hair options that are not crappy void tentacles wth a selection of hair colours. I could literally forgo the idea of not being able to select Paladin if these changes could be implemented but alas…

It really is not too much to ask for in the long run of things.

2 Likes

till we get them

Well it’s confirmed. Blizzard said 14 days ago that more customizations might come, and they are listening to fans. So there is hope.

“This is just the beginning for our character customization, I’m sure there will be more hair styles and eye colors, different things that we add throughout the course of what we’re learning from what people want in the community as a result of that.”

I do wonder how desired this is with the broader community. It seems to be the same relatively few people bumping this thread (on alts or otherwise) when the dust begins to settle.

I digress.

As much as I’d rather the immediate focus went to races in more obvious need of the attention, I have no doubt that that the Void Elves will ultimately have the entire High Elf cosmetic kit at the barber shop. I can only hope that this meagre amount of effort doesn’t result in immediate complacency on Blizzard’s part - “we did good here, now we can take a break from racial cosmetics for a few years” and whathaveyou.

I will look for a citation on this, but I believe the player Kaldorei mages are intended to be the apprentices of said Highborne. Though nothing prevents anyone from RPing a former Shen’dralar exile if they so choose of course.

1 Like

Can you link that to me?

2 Likes

If VE get blonde hair, what should BE get in compensation? Druid and Shaman classes would be a bare minimum, but what else?

1 Like

They can keep their Tiaras. Basic belf hairstyles with standard colours is more than enough.

1 Like

You’re literally asking for the ultimate copy-paste race, whilst insulting copy-paste races. That is legit amazing.

2 Likes

Thanks for bump and support :kissing_heart:

1 Like

nothing since highelves are alliance, such as silver covenant

no, we asking highelves such as silver covenant highhelves?

• Alleria’s tattoos
  • Red eyes/undead skin

Just ask for what you want, the same way we are doing. And you will get it

That’s literally a copy-paste race, mate. It’s just a copy-paste of Blood Elves. It would be the laziest race Blizzard ever made, because all they’d have to do would be to come up with some rubbish racials, and use the blood elf model, animation, and skins, and just limit them to a subset of those (i.e. no green eyes, fewer haircuts etc.), and then boom done.

1 Like