Quel’dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race (Part 1)

magic changed their appearance. High elves have different voice, pale skin

Thalassian skin colors are diverse especially as of Shadowlands. Pale skinned blood elves exist and i have seen a few in Silvermoon as well as eversong woods. i suppose black skinned high elves also exist but its not shown ingame because its not relevant as High elves are not relevant as blood elves. the blood elf NPC’s however were updated to include the Darker skin tones (specifically the Silvermoon guards). Its part of the lore now and honestly it makes sense. considering they are all about the sun and sunwell you would think they would get a tan. as for the black skins its mainly for diversity as i reckon they share human skin tones, which makes sense as Blood elves are the humans of the Horde.

they use the Night elf smooth voice, which again was never updated because High elves are not as relevant as Blood elves. They also share the Blood elf death noise.

vereesa of course doesnt count because she is a character of more importance.

Blood elves and High elves share 100% the same hairstyles and now they can both even have blue eyes. No difference whatsover aside from political.

this is not Burning Crusade anymore. the sunwell is back.

the difference between them now is the same as the pandas. mainly political.

keep in mind i do support you in your fight for a Quel’dorei race but they need unique hairstyles and customizations. as whatever the Silver covenant has especially in terms of hairstyles is a copy of the Blood elf hairstyles.

2 Likes

I also want to add that some and i repeat (some) High elf players have the wrong idea about what a High elf is.

they view the perfect High elf as someone with extremely pale skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes.

When i was a black haired High elf, despite having pale skin, someone told me to change my hair color as i dont “pass for a high elf”

felt like i was living in 1940 Germany.

i feel like this is mainly due to the lack of diveristy on High elf NPC’s which the blood elves dont have a problem with. seems like 90% of High elf NPC’s are blonde as opposed to 50% Blood elf NPC’s

much happier as a belf. we also have Silvermoon so :partying_face:

1 Like

It’s different then night elf voice.

Except they are, represented in each expansion…

not true, you can tell which one is high elf which one if blood elf. Pandas look same, elves not.

high elves aren’t playable. you are were as blood elf?

I like blood elves and Silvermoon. but horde is something i do not like.

1 Like

Friendly reminder about High elves are still not playable.

Making a character that looks like a High Elf, sure. But they could do a lot more to flesh out the flavor of what it means to be living as a High Elf.

Fans did tons of concepts for High Elves that were super rad, like High Elf ranger tattoos and hair styles that evoked wilderness living. Still a lot of creativity to make them happen for those who have been waiting them since WCII.

In the end of the day it’s not abut how they look, but connections, lore and the past with the alliance. They been part of the alliance way too long to be forgotten.

I won’t be happy with Blizzard’s treatment of High Elves until they make them playable or do a compromise.

No, void elves or blood elves are not a compromise for a high elf fan. Void Elves are Ren’dorei, Blood Elves are Sin’dorei, and High Elves are Quel’dorei.

About Alleria-

https://twitter.com/Zerde3/status/1267168609161236480

Alleria isn’t a Void Elf. She’s a High Elf with a massive boost in Void powers, she wasn’t fundamentally changed via a very unique event and nearly turned into a creature of the Void. She doesn’t have tentacles in her hair or different colored eyes or even a changed hair color.

Even in her Horrific Vision she doesn’t look like a Void Elf. If anything, outside of that form, she’s closer to the original High Elves than Blood Elves are.

2 Likes

well, if anyone at blizzard cared enough high elves would be playable by now.

DF actually is great expansion to make that happen, since aspects choose high elf form.

Will it happen? i do not think so, they are too stubborn. Maybe when MS take company then after Ion will be fired, high elves will become playable.

well at least you can voice opinion on this matter.

#highelvesplayable as alliance allied race 2023.

3 Likes

didn’t they basically turn blood elves/void elves into high elves with customisations ?

They did pleased their pet faction with alliance high elf customization options for blood elves, but also made joke on alliance with void elf customizations.

High elves are like Silver Covenant high elves. That people want get playable.

1 Like

Are you kidding with me, again with this dumb stuff, you want them to make another race, for Quel’dorei, when you literally now have void elfs, with blue eyes, normal skin tone, and hair etc, jesus get over yourself, at this point these demands just seem like a joke.

2 Likes

Quel’dorei are in-game just not playable, such as Silver Covenant faction and all other high elves in the alliance.

And what’s wrong with wanting to play high elves for 15 years and asking to make them playable?

2 Likes

Vrykul has been requested for over 14 years already

Ogres has been requested for almost 30 years

Arrakoa has been requested for over 15 years, and so do Nagas and Satyrs

Jinyu, Hozen and Mogu has been requested for 10 years

Saberon (Cats/Tigers of Draenor) has been requested for almost 10 years

Tuskarr has been requested for almost 20 years

Drogbar has been requested for over 5 years

Sethrak recently has been added since the launch of BFA

and when i started playing in cataclysm back in 2011, i wanted a playable dragon race, and there we go Dracthyr

and i must say, that vulpera came out of nowhere, a brand new unique race being quickly added

and i guess blizzard kept failing us for not giving no new race in WoD or Shadowlands, because WoD and Shadowlands are the worst expansions though, no new class, and no new race/class combination

High elves quel´dorei became a thing since WC2, almost 30 years but still, blizz don´t agree with me and Moontear

but i still want to play more playable races added like Saberon, Arakkoa, Vrykul, Ogres and etc.

A lot of people want them playable. And Blizzard kept teasing with all these new NPC’s etc.

The high elves such as SC elves are least required race for resources to make them playable. It’s just mainly PERSONAL and political decision by Ion.

2 Likes

I’d be happy with being a Void elf if I could switch off that purple tint tbqh, it’s horrible when it procs.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I cannot believe this thread is still going. Thought that the high elfers would get bored of it already. You already hijacked my favourite allied race; every single new customisation void elves got after the race’s release makes them less void elven. Instead of being happy that you can play your fair-skinned, blonde elf without tentacles… you keep asking for more.

The biiig OOF, I am pretty sure everyone who wanted, asked and begged for high elves felt pretty Hijacked by the edge elves when they came.
Void elves are the dumbest and laziest thing I have ever seen. should have just been high elves.

3 Likes

It was Blizzard’s doing, we just ask for what was not delivered.

I agree that it was bad.

It would have been several times better if they just released the Allied race.

Yes, you can roleplay a High elf in the Alliance, in a way, since it still lacks many features.

Racials, voicelines, NPC interaction, race mount and transmog, proper class selection, initial zone/area, race quests, customisation… The fantasy of High elves are too shared with Void elves, and this is detrimental to both of them.

But hey, let’s be clear; If they deliver these things in this way, it’s very plausible to just assume that they don’t care about it, they don’t care that people can express themselves in the World of Warcraft and it’s world and lore, they will just do whatever.

They already misdelivered with (for example) Wildhammer dwarves, leaving players to miss many things I listed above that also “High elves” lack plus proper body type, as this (literal) cosplay for Bronzebeard dwarves can’t make them taller nor leaner.

And don’t get me started on “Dark Rangers”… What a disaster…

Blizzard is at fault for this, because of their carelessness, not the players, players just ask for things that are missing, and the way Blizzards delivers is the way they demonstrate how much they care about it.

2 Likes

now i will make clear i’m not pro high elf but everyone saying we need more unique races need to look in the mirror and ask if their argument is sound because we all know those unique races will barely be played over high elves that would easily make up most of the alliance if they got put in

2 Likes

You mean Saberon, Arakkoa, Ogres and etc. ?