Quel’dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race (Part 1)

We will probably have a neutral allied race like the Earthlings for the Midnight expansion. I wonder who might be a good candidate… Perhaps the high elves. :thinking::wink:

3 Likes

At least the name checks out. This guys tears are the size of a moon.

1 Like

Got my elves a plenty how I wanted them. Theres void elves which literally brought me back, theres high elves on the alliance and high elf/blood elf on the Horde. Even Darkfallen options.

I’m quite happy how things have evolved over time honestly.

As a people though its been a long time coming the Blood Elves and High Elves finding their common ground. Add in the Void Elves being able to prove they’re not only “not” a danger but a potential source of help.

I’m stoked.

3 Likes

It would seem the high elf allied race could be a possibility for the Midnight expansion.

Is your plan to make a high elf thread still in progress ?

3 Likes

I doubt it.

Blood Elves are High Elves with a rename and Void Elves are like 95% close match. By comparison, the Earthen ARE different from the Bronzebeard and Dark Iron Dwarves. Not by much, but it is there.

If I had to put money on a new Allied race for both the Alliance and Horde in Midnight, I’d put it on the Forest Trolls of Zul’Aman. Give the Alliance a Troll option, just as Horde now has a Dwarf option.

1 Like

look like it is a 100% percent high elves allied race for alliance and perhaps san’layn for horde.

1 Like

I think the Midnight expansion is very promising for fans of Thalassian elves.

Quel’Thalas will have a revamp and will be a neutral zone so I imagine the Silvermoon will become a neutral capital like Dalaran.

I wonder if the blood elf starting zone will also have a revamp ! It could become a neutral starting zone for all Thalassian elves, the elven reunification of Midnight could change everything. Blizzard could potentially merge VE/BE to become a neutral race (Thalassian elf), add the race tag option to allow players to choose what they want to be (void elf, blood elf, high elf, darkfallen…).

It’s going to be a long time before we have more information on this extension.:sob:

3 Likes

100% are you nuts? It’s not even 1%.

i can not wait to be honest. skip this war within and go straight to midnight expansion!

4 Likes

I think that Blizzard has probably already validated the allied race which will be added in the Midnight expansion. I just hope it won’t be “void elves 2.0”. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Well Im looking forward for all 3 expansions but yeah Midnight is going to be interesting. Hmm I wonder if they also make Forest trolls allied race too. Zul’Aman is kind of, part of Quel’thalas lands even if its the Forest trolls who controls it and there are some who would love to play Beefy Forest trolls. Ahh well its a long wait until Midnight arrives.

Also hope The Last titan gives us Vrykul Allied race.

What esle can they be? No really, they even game them the customization options. It would be outright insane to add another belf knockoff. There are other races out there.

I am of the opinion we don’t need more elves
Void Elves and Blood Elves can be customized to look identical, and we also have Night Rlves, Nightborne, Trolls, and Zandalari. That’s enough elf and elf adjacent races

1 Like

The option to change between forms like Alleria does would be enough.

Or simply make a quest about some void Elves getting rid of the Void and create a customization option which basically changes the voice effect, the model and the active ability (to do the same only with different flavour/visual effect). They can do this in a patch! No reason to add a completely new race or whatever.

Playing as a Silver Covenant elf for the Alliance should have been a thing ages ago.

4 Likes

No, first of all let’s not trivialize belfs further by moving them across factions even more. Furthermore, since they they already bit the proverbial turd and added void elves, let’s develop their lore as void elves, not as belfs which is an important distinction.
Additionally the high elves are and have always been a joke in WoW. The only thing they were used for is being an anti-belf device displaying an unreasonable degree of aggressivity towards their own people while showing an unreasonable degree of devotion towards people they barely knew. What needs to be done is to have that joke of a faction removed once and for all.

Fundamentally disagree. It’s a joke only to your Horde eyes. To my Alliance eyes their stance against B.Elves is more than reasonable and something that should have been explored further.

We need more Silver Covenant and we need to be able to play as Silver Covenant.

Pretty sure you didn’t mind when you got the Nightbourne. Didn’t you? Was that a proverbial turd as well?

No one asked for Void Elves. That’s the worst thing about them. It’s like we got the middle finger because instead of getting the Silver Covenant High Elves we got a race with little to none backstory and who can’t even change forms like Alleria can (the first Void Elf shown in the game).

Since similar questlines were made to justify things like the Man’aari model for the Draenei and or the undead model for B.Elves and N.Elves then something similar should be done about Void Elves turning into High Elves. Some of them might wish to join the Silver Covenant. Make an interesting questline, add these customization options and everyone can be happy.

4 Likes

There’s nothing reasonable about the high elves. Their development across the years since belfs were added was to show up where belfs where and go “grrr we hate belfs and we love alliance”. That’s it. It has nothing to do with my Horde eyes because I was alliance when I noticed this. The silver covenant is a joke that never should have happened and Blizzard knows that to some degree that’s why they have been all but ignored.

I could care less about nightbourne. Sure nice city and all that but let’s be honest, nobody in the Horde was asking for Horde nelfs as opposed to Alliance belfs, so please, cut the crap that nobody asked for velfs. I saw the posts. I know what people were talking about and they would have given their bum for the belf model and they got exactly what they asked for. So try that crap on someone else. Nobody asked for void elves my rear. Everyone in these threads did. The velfs were a compromise, hell if I know what the belfs got in exchange for this compromise aside their faction uniqueness crapped on.

And where is my Horde draenei? Cause if so similar why can’t I make one? Oh yeah, cause they are exclusive to the Alliance. Where is my option to make a Horde undead nelf, don’t have that either, again exclusive to the Alliance. So not similar at all.

Everyone’s happy are they? Get the hell out of here. You mean you are happy. Cause the people who actually like Velfs and see them turned further and further into belf knockoffs. They won’t be too happy especially considering they have had any proper customization for a while now, most of it going towards making velfs look more like belfs. Not to mention the actual belfs who don’t want to have what’s left of their uniqueness passed around like some communal prostitute. So what you mean, you’ll be happy. Bollox to everyone else.

good lord, i remember this thread.
it´s been that long? though i thought it was a female blood elf that did it?

They didn’t want just the model. They wanted High Elves. That’s the difference you seem to not get.

Allied races meant that pretty much this uniqueness would be toned down. But we got more races to choose from so it has pros and cons.

You got the most fleshed out race from Legion. That more than enough.

Also, velves are not a compromise but a middle finger otherwise people wouldn’t complain.

The same way I don’t have Alliance Tauren and other Horde exclusive things. What’s your point here exactly? That the faction exclusive elements were only toned down and not tossed completely out of the window?

First of all, I would like to point out you are too aggressive for no reason. But whatever. I am a Bronzebeard Dwarf forever and I do not like playing alts. I have a few but they are under leveled as I don’t play them. I have literally no horse in this personally so who should be “cutting the crap” here ?

Most people want High Elves rather than Void Elves and I can bet that any survey done would prove this. Otherwise topics like this one wouldn’t be created.

Clearly not a faithful Alliance player if I judge by your current character… :rofl:

They were added to remind everyone that High Elves were with the Alliance and just because a militant dictator (basically) mistreated them not all would be willing to side with “orc and troll savages” (as they called them) suddenly. Not having the Silver Covenant and expecting all High Elves to engage in fel feeding and side with the Horde is even less reasonable than having them appear against the B.Elves to remind us of the facts I presented above.

1 Like

Man, I was here. I know. Don’t try to pool the wool over my eyes, it won’t wornk. People asked for the model.

Then name another Allied Race that got the same treatment. Show me the customization options that turned Zandalari into nelfs or vulpera into gnomes. No, this crap is unique to belfs. Even the nightbourne and the nelfs are more different than belfs and velfs.

Excuse, me but who the hell are you to tell me it’s more than enough? Enough of what? You deemed this too good for me or something? Who the hell do you think you are?

They were certainly a middle finger to belfs at least. Especially when they started getting belf customization options.

My point is that it’s not similar like you said. It’s actually far from it. So no, esentially turning an Alliance race into a Horde race is not similar to adding more race options to an existing race. It’s more like giving trolls a forest troll option. I’m not sure how you can miss that point.

I’m not aggresive. Imagine me talking with the voice of Freddy Mercury if it helps. And for a guy with no horse in this race you sure seem suspiciously invested in this… race. But you know what? If people want High Elves they can go play a belf or if they don’t want that, the velf race offens them customizations to look the part.

They were added to justify the conflict between the Horde and the Alliance where belfs were involved, nothing more, nothing less. They are and always have been a bad, very bad anti-belf story device. I don’t know what you are on about. The only time they show up as a minor faction is to take aggressive action against belfs. That’s it.