Quel’dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race (Part 1)

Ok man I try to deceive your eyes but somehow this thread and the many people who are excited about Alliance High Elves in the future must also be an illusion according to you.

I said “toned down” not removed. I am not sure why you bring that up or what’s your point?
That B.Elf model should be one of the Horde exclusive things? Why?

Since faction exclusiveness was toned down adding the High Elves for the Alliance is the most logical thing to do lorewise, that’s the point. The fact some faction exclusiveness still exists, is irrelevant. It was toned down and that’s a fact.

Not for you. For the whole Horde. Common logic deems that taking the most fleshed out elf race of the two is more than enough, not me. Unless getting the fleshed out elf race is “bad” thing according to you. In that case, imagine how bad getting the less fleshed out race would be.

The were the middle finger to all Alliance players who wanted High Elves and got a race which didn’t even have all the features it was supposed to have. B.Elves players can complain as much the N.Elves players complained they supposedly lost their uniqueness. Except, did any N.Elf ever complained Horde got the Nightbourne? Nope… I haven’t seen any threads that’s for sure.

And I am still not sure what’s the point here or how it reinforces your position.

I only said that adding more customization options is even easier than adding a whole new race and that they can do it even in a patch. What’s so bad about it? That they can do it easier so it is more threatening to you somehow? Is the argument here really that if they do add the Silver Covenant it shouldn’t be as customization options because it’s not the same as adding an allied race? xD

Certainly the way you express yourself doesn’t help. xD

Check my profile. It’s open. You will notice that this Dwarf here is active since Cataclysm (when I started playing). The only expansion I skipped with him was Legion because they messed up the rifleman class fantasy ( that’s a discussion for another time) and I mained a Pandaren Monk. After Legion, I was back to my Hunter and I don’t think that will change anytime soon.
I am not about to leave this glorious Dwarf woth tons of history on him for some knife-ear that easily. It just makes sense to me lorewise, that’s why I am invested.

Lastly, once again it’s not just about the model. So High Elves are High Elves. Not Blood Elves nor Void Elves. We want the Silver Covenant members to be playable.

They should be used more and explored further if you think they show up only as a minor faction device (I don’t think so though). Problem solved.
They were added to justify the fact B.Elves joined the Horde. Nothing more, nothing less. As I have already said, it makes more sense to have High Elves in the Alliance than having all High elves unanimously become Blood Elves and join the Horde.

1 Like

I don’t understand all this talk about High Elves, why?

All you need to do is to identify as a High Elf. I have a friend who plays a mechagnome, he identifies as High Elf, it is not about what you are, it is about who do you feel you are.

Identify as a High Elf and that’s it, even if you are a Tauren or Fat’tiran it matters not.

1 Like

If you ask me, they should do an Old World revamp and then revamp all the Old race, Racials… so make them more in line with the allied Race racials… since some of the allied race racials seems way better then the old race racials if youa sk me, there are way for improment and flavor to a revamp of the old racials,

In doing so, they could Introduce 1 new races “ogres for Horde” and “High elfs for alliace” that would be so inoical and take us back to Warcraft II.

PS: I have had friends since vanilla that wanted to play High elfs… and yes they would be similar to blood elfs, but could’t we do an exeption to correct a huge mistake they did in vanilla to give alliance gnomes insted of High elfs… since it seems like high elfs are in huge demand and super iconical to the very idea of beeing with in the alliance? I have several friends that would race change in a heart beat…

in the end a huge Old world revamp could introduce some high elf communites in the lover part of the eastern kingdoms… I am more then sure that in Lore there would be some south of the Thandol span and north of the swamp of sorrows.

Last points: and to the notion that high elfs are the same as blood elfs, well the race would be the same but the main concept or who they are would be different, just like they introduced Pandaren to the game and or Earthen they will give us in he War within, in the high elf case they could rewamp the blood elf racials and in doing so introduce the high elfs with a different kind of racials, not to different thow, would be cool if you ask me ^^

Sorry, but what are you talking about? Everything current Blizzard is cabaple of is 4 new zones with dwarves (ctrl+c ctrl+v) as a neutral race. That’s it. And we’ll get it 3 times as a new “expansions” until 2030.
It’s not like they don’t want to. It’s just… Why? Why would they do it? Less work, more money. They don’t care anymore.

Go look up the threads before Velfs. Go look up threads after people got Velfs. See what was being said. After velfs were added there was a bit of a fuss with the customizations then after those were given the helf threads died with only this guy Cryingmoon and a couple more bumping it.

And the Belf model is no longer exclusive to the Horde since velfs and even since the dragon-geese who have the male model. But since that has been pro… MOVED to the Alliance, all they have is their belf identity. And you want to also take that and spread it around and somehow that’s logical? According to what logic?

And faction exclusiveness wasn’t toned down. What the hell you on about?

And what logic are you talking about here Mister Spock? There’s no logic in what you are saying. The Horde got sort-of-but-not-really nelfs and the Alliance got sort-of-but-not-really belfs. That’s it.
If you want fleshed out velfs maybe let them develop as velfs instad of constantly trying to make them into belfs.

So how does that work. Blizzard giving you stuff you want is giving you the middle finger unless it’s exactly how you want it, no matter how unreasonable? That how it works? Admitedly that guilt tripping crap seemed to have worked in securing the belfs model for the alliance with the helf customizations.
There was no middle finger to anyone except the belfs. The Alliance can be a blonde pale skinned elf in the Alliance. What they always wanted. The belfs, well they didn’t get anything really aside getting shared.

You want Silver Covenant to be playable go into character creation, make a velf with blue eyes and blonde hair, go in game, buy the Silver Covenant tabard and there you go. Playable silver covenant.

And warcraft III established that High Elves became belfs. WoW established that the Blood Elves joined the Horde. That’s how it is. Deal with it. Sorry your excuse of a anti-belf device faction didn’t get the spotlight.

Look the amount of typing is starting to piss me off. I’m not bothering to write this much again regarding THIS.

1 Like

Not fancy digging up old threads nit to mention I wasn’t using the WoW forums much back then, mostly YouTube and Reddit. I mean we had big WoW YouTubers like Taliesin make a big fuss about how we should be getting High Elves and a lot discussion started around this subject on multiple platforms. Which is why you see Cryingmoon “and a couple more” bringing it up here as well. Btw you seem to believe that in this whole thread it’s just 2-3 people who are bumping it but that’s not the case. They are way more.

I don’t want the B. Elf identity, I want to see the High Elf identity in the Alliance. These are two distinct things. Frankly, to me just the difference in eye colour would be enough to tell them apart. But they went and gave the Silver eyes back to the B.Elves which was a mistake and one more way to give us the middle finger.

Of course it did. Allied races toned the exclusivity down. In many ways. Come one don’t make to create a short list on this, you I am right.

Or maybe let them develop as High Elves because that’s what the Alliance community was asking for in the first place.

Yes that’s how it works. Either do what the community is asking, or not at all. All V.Elves have done is give more ammunition to your side to cry about.

Yes it was a middle finger to anyone who asked for High Elves and got High Elves from Temu.

Personally, that works for me as well, since I don’t plan on playing any Elf anytime soon. However, I can imagine how bad it feels to a V.Elf player who is roleplaying as a High Elf to hear the void voice of their character.

I would like to see them fleshed out more, with a racial ability that makes sense for starters and some more Silver Covenant lore (i am a huge lorefreak) because I like that faction no matter how weird it sounds to you.

By that logic they should have followed Kael’thas to the bitter end as well. Oh wait, not all Blood Elves followed him to his madness. Exactly how it makes sense for many Elves to refrain from joining a faction full of savages (I repeat, that’s how they viewed them).

You keep repeating this, but this is a non-argument. Everything in the lore is a plot device in some sense. If nothing else, it makes the existence of Horde B.Elves more believable as well. For all the B.Elves to unanimously change leaders, culture and faction without any naysayers like it’s not a big deal would be less believable.

That’s fine, no one is forcing you to go on with any debate. A debate needs two willing participants to go on. If you are tired that’s understandable. I am glad I was able to read your point of view, even if we don’t agree.

1 Like

next patch/expansion all the blonde elves (high elves void elves blood elves etc) leaving and joining seperate elf faction?:stuck_out_tongue: i will aggree to this. (make them hostile to both horde and ally)

No please, list them.

God you are such a hypocrite. You feel insulted, flipped off cause Blizz gave Belfs blue eyes, but somehow they, the belfs players who are not in favor of this are supposed to be ok with Blizz giving you the whole damned race.

But they are not high elves, they are void elves. You want high elf development, see the Horde.

So what about that part of the community who says no to this. Who disagrees with your personal desires. Should Blizzard listen to them too? Or just to the community you approve.

Oh don’t worry, I’m not throwing in the towel. I’m just gonna be more brief with my responses.

standard trolls, orcs, humans and dwarfs still have one of the best racials in game what are you on.

Why people want ogres? their lore is not interesting, they are all stupid race wide, and they are ugly.
It’s like people want them only because they are here since warcraft 2 or smth

The only reason why high elves still exist in lore is because blizzard wanted “city elves” that oppose horde, now when they have ren’dorei high elves don’t have any purpose and will be forgotten forever, true high elves are a blood elves, and they are part of the horde

You got your highelves with the voidelf costumisation.

We dont need a 5 elven-race… we didnt even need 3-4… for my taste even 1 is more than enough

sure, good thing that blizzard didnt ask you

2 Likes

Because elves are sooooo interesting and not totally allways entitled, addicted or hippies.

Nightborn were not needed and voidelves make no sense in the first place.

We could have gotting awesome races like Oger something that isnt allready existing multiple times… jjust a waste of resources.

Not always hippy but entitled, arrogant and sometimes with some magical flaw? yes, it’s what makes them interesting. The more flaws the better (not overdo it of course), it makes your elf charcter compelling.

What is interesting about ogres? I mean warcraft ogres

1 Like

This is why one of them is enough, you dont need multiple of them.

They look awesome (completely different), have a lot of lore, multiple clans and are different to other races.

Every fantasy setting has atleast 3 races of elves with different schtick, warhammer fb has dark, wood and high elves, and they are all different.
Warcraft night and blood elves are very different and scratch different itches, nightborne and void elves are not so unique of course but allied races are meant to be subraces, not the whole new races (or atleast races for which you don’t need to make the whole new model)

I guess, maybe.

their lore is tribalistic savages with different flavor, not even half as interesting as orc clans for example, who might as well be a templates for different tabletop wargame factions

1 Like

Yes, the nature loving hippies and the arogant magic addicted, which in our case is Nightelves and Bloodelves. Some have the edgy ones…

We didnt need nightborn and especially voidelves.

As we dont need 3 dwarf races or two orc ones. All of them could just been costumisations for the existing ones, since they even share 90% of everything.

Which is cool and better what we got in the new elf races.

And again especially a unique model. Not to mention the lore that can be established like they had with the Ogerempire.

Nightborne have very appeasing aesthetics (for likes of me especially), were masterfully integrated into lore and have multiple interesting characters that were liked by community, they have every right to be an allied race.
Void elves are weird yes, they were basically pulled out of nowhere in short questline.

I don’t think that majority of community like ogres, the only thing that they are good for is being punching bag.
Also they are written in lore as all around stupid apart from magically engineered 2 head s

1 Like

First of all, they have some of the greatest lore out there because it’s not your typical do-gooder lore. They are bad, they do bad things. The closest they come to being good is not doing bad things.
Second, they are not all stupid. In fact many of them are very smart, smarter than most other races and even if they were, not everyone has to be some intellectual all the time. Room for dumb brutes here and there.
What’s not to love? I’ve been waiting for these for a long time. I think I have a name reserved for one since Cataclysm.

It’s like 80% of enemy races, can’t wait when blizzard adds faceless ones for horde.

The only smart ones are magically engineered two-headed ogres, it’s lore from wiki and chronicles.

1 Like

Faceless ones weren’t in the Horde, I thought with your developed ability to read wikis, you’d be aware of that.