Quel’dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

Dear Moontear. This is your diary.

Please, for the love of Gutenberg, write about something else than playable high elves. I’m worried for you.

Oh my God this topic continues to exist.

After denial and rage should come bargaining and acceptance, some of you guys need to see a therapist to put an end to your suffering.

At 4 Elf races it is honestly just time to stop, Velves are cool and honestly im actually happy about em because they got some of the EDGE that Belves have been losing ever since the Sunwell reignited.

If i gonna be honest i also frankly don’t see the High Elf appeal either, since they pretty much are total jerks who obsess more over humans then their kin since they refused to go in mourning (The whole reason why Blood Elves are Blood Elves) and the “JUST SAY NO TO FEL” aspect has been handled, any remaining ones probably WOULD be liable to undergo Ren’dorei conversions because if they didn’t have a Beef with light they would have gone to the Sunwell and rejoined (the now Lightworshipping) Quel’thalas and likely taken up the Blood name due peer pressure because it is kinda like running around being insistent on how you don’t care your family got brutally murdered and their bodies desecrated.

Honestly i think Elisande pegged them pretty well with her (self-destructing) speech, people seem to have this impression that the “Helves” are a noble group with a heroic behaviour, but their positions and behavior kinda show they aren’t, they really are “Peasants playing at nobility”, or to put it bluntly thugs

And as several people have stated, Belves and and Velves are just as validly “High Elves” as the ones who have been refusing the name changes (and frankly MORE so because it was the nobility and royalty (the HIGHEST High Elves) that mandated and enforced the change) and at this point it is basically just a question of political stance of being for or against a faction and Light/Void treatment, if a High Elf supports the Alliance they are now implicitly accepting of Void Magic to a point they would likely have no problem dabbling in it or at least learn the basics. If a High Elf HATES Void Magic and loves Light Magic they would have gone to Quel’thalas and then stayed there because of the Sunwell and would be really mad about the Alliance accepting something that nearly destroyed it and therefore align with the Horde and “convert” to Sin’dorei to fit in.

Basically, the remaining High Elves (who are a contrarian minority to start with) gonna have to radicalize regardless of what they call themselves because the existence of the Void Elves and their effect on the Sunwell is a radicalizing matter because Void Elves are a threat to the Sunwell and therefore the basis for the whole of High Elven culture (Remember, the whole reason High Elves became High Elves was because they wanted to make the Sunwell).

If they accept the Alliance at this point they implicitly accept the void, if they accept the Void wanting to learn more about it is not out of the question. if they want to learn more about it they are basically on the track on becoming a Void Elf since learning about the Void is what they do.

Instead of thinking of it as race see it like a Elven equivalent of the American Two party system. “Pro Void and Alliance, Implicitly uncaring about the Sunwell” Ren, “Pro Light and Horde, Cares very much about the Sunwell” Sin.

TL;DR: It’s all elves, ya all look the same with your pointy ears and what rei you do is so minor you can just clarify if someone gets it wrong, in and out of character.

And just like that, you lost all credibility.

But void elves are are part of the Alliance.Why are you contradicting yourself?And as Velharia pointed already Velf is a Belf which in turn is a Helf.So you actually got your wish for high elf in Alliance camp.Also they are not fel/arcane addicts anymore.

If Blizzard adds a 5th elf for one faction they must add something similar for the other faction.And that is not happening for atleat 8 years in my opinion.Repeat after me “To Many Elves”.

1 Like

Perhaps we get the covenant races as allied race? With new classes?

That would be something interesting.

Not being backwards and putting a word of High on what we already have.

1 Like

no we do not have playable highelves yet. We ask them to be playable.

We do. You just don’t like the fact that we’re Horde. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Or the fact that there is a Alliance version with a Void twist to the racial.

So there are two options they can choose in game. We don’t need a third

The blood elf racial is anathema to high elves anyway. It’s draining magic from living beings that they militantly denied. Its like force feeding vegans a piece of beef.

2 Likes

Yes, blood elves once were called highelves, but now they are blood elves not highelves.

We ask highelves such as silvercovenant highelves.

those are dead spiritual races - nonsense

Being dead isn’t stopping you in WoW. :innocent:

I find it more fun and more likely we get playable covenant races than getting the High word written above existing models. And this pure-crap-talk is making me sick…

2 Likes

This is a bad argument. The high elves had also a fanbase before and are unhappy. And it’s the developer’s team fault.

It’s actually the prime fair skinned race you got introduced to in WC3, on the side of the Alliance. They have been taken away so that the Horde-base can get some players. This is cruel. And you are the living proof of it. In fact, all of you, who use a red elf avatar on the forums.

3 Likes

high elf demand>anything else in alliance.

1 Like

exactly this!

thats cute to think but it’s not true.

It’s quite literally one and a half guys atm, the gnomes only half due to height :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dare I say you were never a true fan anyway? Because screw alliance and horde. Silvermoon is all that matters and I will be part of whatever they choose to be part of. The fact that there is crying going on in this thread means either alliance is liked more than high elves, or equally liked.

1 Like