Quel’dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

Pretty much Illidan Solo’d that weakling Guldan

There should be actual city like the Silvermoon, just for void elves, but phased into a void parallel. At this moment telogus rift is actually a complete joke.

There is when the Thalassians elves have nothing to do with huts and suddenly start living in them.

Again, they can take inspiration from middle eastern architecture and change a few of the design. That way it will be unique and different yet still remain Elven.

Blood elves have both architecture buildings and tents.

Void elves can have both, but the buildings be a new design. But not a hut

Just because I don’t agree with your idea of huts for elves, Doesn’t mean I’m
Prejudice I just like accuracy.

1 Like

For once I agree with you.
They should expand on the space, it’s a void in more ways than one right now.
How a people are supposed to live there is beyond me, it needs more homely comforts.

The fitting would be a dark reflection of Silvermoon, bizarre architecture likened to non-Euclidean geometry… :thinking:
But probably the Ren’dorei will never recive a real home, like how the Lightforged only have a tiny ship or the regular Draenei the ruined Exodar… :sob:

2 Likes

Exactly. They could even get some inspiration from the EThereals since they have good relations with them and live with them.

Ahem, Lunaera, I challenge you to hand-to-hand combat. The Shal’Dorei got nothing against the Void-blessed Ren’Dorei. May the strongest elf win!

For the right of the realm and if you know what’s good to you, you will meet me for our battle at the proving grounds of this thread The Lack of Void Elf Customization Options

See you in the battlefield!

1 Like

should be elven architecture, just in the void. Future is promising, void elves will get new city, and we get playable silver covenant high elves

Please no. Silvermoon already exists if you want Thalassian architecture. The future of Void Elves can’t just be purple recolours of what Blood Elves have.

we are not saying it should be a recolor.

we are saying it should at least be somewhat elven. Not huts like orcs or trolls.

There are many posibillities of new elven designs. something unique, yet still elven. Look at the differences between Nighborne and Night elves, both buildings are different yet both still look elven.

Orgimmar already exists too for huts

2 Likes

If it is as different as Nightborne vs Night Elves, then I might be happy (although I still prefer a tent/camp style town as my number #1 preference and will keep pushing for it).

Orgrimmar isn’t comparable to what I’m asking for. If anything it’s Thunder Bluff, since Orgrimmar is mostly stone and TB is more canvas/fabric based. The influences are from a different origin as well so they would still be very unique. There are plenty of beautiful yurts (gers) in Mongolia. You could even have ‘elven’ patterns decorating the exterior.

It’s blood elven architecture, and void elves are blood elves that were changed by void magic. City like Silvermoon in a void rift would make sense

2 Likes

Not into that sorry :frowning: I don’t think Void elves and High elves as nomads who should be living in tents…

3 Likes

It would also be very boring because if you want to enjoy that aesthetic, it’s already there.

The Ren’dorei are currently sleeping under tents but to each their own. :slight_smile:

I know but I was hoping they’d upgrade to somethin a bit more grandeur ^^

1 Like

Tents are not permanent homes mate, Buildings are. Tents don’t give warmth, shelter or protection. There are no buildings in Telogrus Rift because blizzard never put any because void elves were last minute decision. And they are only 20 of them. Without the Alliance High elves and Silvermoon exiles, they will eventually cease to exist. Can’t make a race with only 20 people. which is one problem with void elves. Void elves have not existed long, they don’t have 10000 years backing them up, which is another problem with void elves because they are still blood elves, their culture, traditions and language etc is still Thalassian. For them to be unique and different race, they have to start from the ground-up. And they can only do that by working together with the Alliance High elves and Silvermoon exiles. Build houses, towers and walls. (Why do they need walls you say? Because they are deep inside Void lords territory, that’s why. The void lords may not know the void elves are there yet, but they will eventually). And the void elves don’t fully control Telogrus Rift, there are still hostile void creatures in Telogrus Rift. They are even being watch by another Ethereal, Shadreen the Ethereal Watcher.

They might learn some Ethereal culture, traditions and language from Locus-walker and some void lord language in time. But that’s the thing. It will take time but they are not going become their own race by sitting on their hands in a tent. I know you said that there is no weather so there is no need for buildings, well who says there is even oxygen there? Its in space after all.

And blizzard could always change the outlook of Telogrus Rift that there might a bigger rock island that can be used as a city for void elves. Sure it just be a fort like Allerian stronghold at first, but in time it can grow and eventually become a city. But as I said nothing will happen if they just sit on their hands.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/22/f8/40/22f840b9393df0c4b4155b28c4e9cd38.jpg

And if the artists at blizzard are given the chance to come up with ideas, they can make void elf buildings that look little different from blood elves, Night elves, Nightborne etc but is still looking elvish. I mean have you looked at the buildings at Azuna at the broken island? those buildings look different from the other elves that are playable but they still look elvish.

The Draenei that lived on Exodar and Xenedar, when the two ships were in space. They had very little resources to grow plants. What they did, is that they used the light to make plants grow. So too can the void elves use the void to give the Telogrus Rift life. By using the void. We have seen on Argus that animals there have survived and been altered by the void. The panthera for example can go into void form just like the void elves. So by using the void they can create something new, we have seen Umbric and his followers in Zul’dazar bring something dead to Life. (Im sure that’s how they made their voidstrider mount). There are alot of dead trees in Telogrus Rift, so if they used the void on those trees. Maybe they come to life.

I know some people say the void can’t heal. But shadow/disc priests have a skill known as Shadow mend and it does heal but also take a small amount of you. The Void is powerful but also punishable. But maybe as they learn more about the void and with Locus-walker’s help, They might overcome that drawback.

I hope we get to see more of Alleria and her void elves with Vereesa and Silver Covenant in the next expansion working together and also Im curious what’s going to happen with Sylvanas, looking forward for the next story questline.

3 Likes

Since Shadowlands you can.

The Mag’har orcs that survived only look like 20 people or so. This race loves joining war too so the number might be lower.

That being said I’m glad the Void elves are inviting more members into their ranks. They need it to survive and strive .

1 Like

Well said! I couldn’t have said it better :open_mouth:

A very nice inspirational photo you posted btw, here are some more Void elf fortress / city ideas:
https://imgur.com/a/CZYqv8W
https://imgur.com/a/2NCzuiR

2 Likes

Even if the Void Elves are recruiting others into their ranks, that still likely makes them the lowest populated race of all the races in the game (the presence of mag’har in Outland means their numbers are fantastically malleable depending on criteria).

It’s debateable whether they even count as a race given such low numbers and the truth that they probably have no future. They can only exist by turning others and with the Blood Elves and High Elves feeding on a light based Sunwell getting a steady stream of converts is unlikely given the diametrically opposed nature of the void to the light.

It’s likely the vast majority of elves inclined to become Void Elves have already done so, either through the initial transformation or later conversion. Ironically they are probably likelier to recruit from the dwindling band of alliance high elves than from the blood elves, as the alliance high elves are already regarded as traitors to their homeland whereas blood elves would have to give up Silvermoon to embrace the void whereas the high elves have already lost everything. They thus cannibalise what Moontear would consider the ‘true’ high elves even further.

Beyond that, they probably can’t reproduce. Any child conceived by a void elf parent(s) would have no defense against the whispers and corrupting influence of the void. It either would not survive to birth or would come out as something unnatural.

The Void Elves only exist because a sect of Alliance players wanted the thalassian elf model. That’s it. There was never any grand plan for them beyond that, had there been Blizzard wouldn’t have gone back on the design intent for them by allowing them to be pretend high elves as they have done. Should the franchise move beyond WoW, the void elves will be left behind, likely to be written out as dying off from messing with powers they shouldn’t have.

LARPer used to weekend long events looks up “You what mate?, Think you’ll find they give all three, hence the fact that people still make bloody tents rather than kipping on the ground in the open!” (I know what you mean though, you can survive in them, and function in them, but sooner or later you find yourself going ‘this is a bit rubbish, I wish I was in a hotel room’! )

People keep forgetting that bit. Void Elves do not have a sustainable population. They are victims of a magical industrial accident in the workplace! I mean that literally is what happened to them. They don’t know how they became what they are, or why, nor does Umbric, and nor even does Alleria, because she became a Void Elf via a different method. (I don’t rightly care what the fanatic who knows no Elven Lore but just keeps screeching ‘Silver Covenant! Silver Covenant!’ thinks. Alleria is a Void Elf, as Blizzard have stated.)

Voidies are in the same place as ‘Forsaken’ as in we have no idea what their ‘natural’ life expectancy is, because they are so recently created. We can hazard guesses based on cosmology, for example, they have been horribly infused by a power of Entropy and Destruction. The Second Law is “In an Isolated System, Entropy can only Increase”
Which is pretty horrible but true. The individual Void Elf -is- the Isolated System, so what is -in- them, is only going to grow. Blizzard kind of reflect that by the fact that the Voidies constantly have to fight against it.

We do -NOT- know (No matter how often people keep quoting Locus Walker incorrectly or citing the Silvermoon Scholars and Quel’dorei Wayfarers as examples) whether it is even possible to make ‘new’ Void Elves. Given that no one knew how to do it in the first place, and the only entity who -did- is dead, and even he only did it because he botched the job mid attack by Alleria.

Nobody yet knows how to make new Void Elves. Which leaves the tried and tested method of ‘have kiddies’

Except no.
Just no. So much no.
Read any H.P Lovecraft Elder God stuff and then tell me that is a good idea.

Let’s assume, for a moment, that against all biological science, that a male Void Elf and a female Void Elf are capable of siring and bearing children (They’re not, this is impossible, but magic universe, who knows, but yeah, essentially neither is possible, I mean if they could, then by definition the Void is not the Void anymore, so something massive must have changed…)

Lets assume that happens. It won’t, but let’s go with it.

Elven gestation is the same as humans, 9 months, we know this. So that is 9 months where -something- that is a cellular growth, without consciousness, self awareness or free will, is exposed to horrific cosmic bombardment by a power of Entropy and Destruction. I mean, horrific to a degree that grown adults can’t handle it, and people think a -baby- could?!!

It would be horrible. Whatever came out at birth, assuming it even looked normal, which it almost certainly would not, would not be able to form thought processes (Yes, I think about this stuff horribly in terms of lore) It would have no concept of language, no reason for these two abstract entities that were not the voice they heard in the comfortable warm place they were in, until suddenly, savagely ejected into a horrific bright world, with the voices saying dark things, and not even understanding the words the two things are saying to them, but only listening to the one voice that has spoken to them since one cell split into two, and so on, and so on…

You know the scene from the remake of Day of the Dead, with the Zombie Baby? That. That Times 100. Just no…or if you’re a Brit, watch the last ten seconds of the TV Series ‘Threads’ . The sheer horror.

That is what, by current cosmology, would come from two Void Elf parents. I mean you’d have to be cataclysmically -Evil- to even consensually agree to try and have a child, knowing what you doomed it to -before- it was born, but that’s what you’re looking at. Two people who are so utterly -twisted and torn- that even the Alliance would go, “No, we can’t allow this” and it ending in blood. Void tainted blood.

So no. This Generation of Void Elves is -it- No more.

But does that matter?

I mean who of us is still going to be playing in a thousand years? Elves Y’know, so does it really matter?

Fact is, Blizzard have stated that both Void, and High Elves are a ‘race’ in name only. Neither has a viable population, or their own culture, or language. It is all Thalassian. And people need to get over their Legolas Fetish and just accept that Blizzard went more with mythological Elves, rather than Tolkien trash (Yes, he was a rubbish writer, great at world building, rubbish at storytelling)

So no, you only get the Aragon and Arwen fetish thing if you read any of the trash novels where all the Windrunners have the same genetic kink and are kinda derided for it, (I mean, let’s not forget that Vereesa never even -Existed- until Knaak needed another hot elven chick to hang off the arm of his human male self insert character of Rhonin. Let’s also gloss over the factor that Vereesa was Underage when she gave birth to twins. So…Rhonin was…yeah…yeah, he was one of them)

So Void Elves have one generation left in them, their current one. But who cares, that is going to be longer than any of us will live!

High Elves have three generations, Blizz have described them as Functionally Extinct, but that is different from Factually extinct. Three generations gives them at the -Very Least- 9,000 years. So hang on. Long enough for us to have invented the wheel, writing, making fire, forming religion, making laws, making metal, making boats, making aircraft, flying to the moon, and making a system whereby people across the world can communicate almost simultaneously!

That’s everything your Void Elf or High Elf would have experienced if they were real and in our world.

Doesn’t matter if they have only one generation left, because you’re not going to be playing in a hundred years are you!

1 Like