Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

I’ll be laughing so hard when they’ll be announced. To be honest, i’m more excited to see your reaction than anything else :laughing: . Oooh the tears… the damn tearsss

3 Likes

We will have them playable!

3 Likes

Nah. Keep your dreams low.

Darling , just go away…

3 Likes

Yeah. Keep your dreams high.

3 Likes

Erevienie is holding on his dear dreams, the dream of Ion inviting him to Blizzard HQs and ask him personally if they’re allowed to release the High Elf. He is also dreaming of a world where Blizzard cares more about his feelings than the money they can make from releasing the most asked for race in WoW with the biggest race driven community of any race in game. Oh poor Erevien.

Since he wants to be called a High Elf so bad, maybe we should all donate some money to him so that he can race change when they’re playable, at last he will be the Quel’dorei he always wanted to be!

EDIT: And who will blame him, playing a Sin’dorei next to orcs and trolls sure isn’t something any Thalassian fan would want.

2 Likes

6200+ posts and where are we on this issue?
We’re in exactly the same place as when this discussion started.

Yes, High Elves are pretty cool (Not quite as cool as Gnomes though)
Yes. There’s a pretty decently sized group that would like to see them as an allied race.
No, Blizzard probably aren’t ever going to let that happen. Not with the introduction of Void Elves.

1 Like

Well it’s a discussion, it will always stay in the same spot between yay and nay sayers giving their arguments then call the others’ argument BS etc etc etc it’s not like we decide if we’re going to move forward.

No race is as cool as gnomes, Gnome’dorei is the master race and we all follow.

That’s up for debate. Seeing how they are constantly being added (even in this patch), and in BfA more than ever, shows for one that they are not forgotten by Blizzard. I don’t want to get into the lore and why it makes sense because you can go up and read it for yourself.

The community is doing all we can to make our voices heard with many projects done, in progress and coming.

I can’t say for sure, as we don’t know what the future holds for WoW, but them becoming playable is very very likely. If it’s not to expand the game’ lore, it’ll be to grab money from players. Because i know, as you do, they’ll make them a very decent amount in race changes only.

5 Likes

My hope it’s Vereesa … the third sister. She’s already a leader. But her faction it’s still not playable… and she have so many reasons to hate the Horde …
A perfect moment to join Alleria and Jaina ^^

3 Likes

She also dislikes Sylvanas like Alleria. Now Sylvanas being Warchief, we will definitely see Vereesa in action. (Also, remember Theramore and the high elves there!). But my guess, the earliest we can “expect” to hear anything about High Elves is probably next expansion. But we will definitely see them in action in this one.

2 Likes

Lmao a few hundred vocal people spamming threads is barley all of the community. The next allied races will not even come close to the priorities of Blizzards of that’s what you’re hoping for.

Pfft…I know you were being tongue in cheek, but that is actually what -appeals- to me about Blood Elves. I like that they are in the Horde, it gives a lot of interesting morality to play around with. For example (and Obviously…Rp Realm) Brigante is currently in prison for objecting to other Horde characters Simply executing and toying with Prisoners of War in the last RP Campaign, Its good RP Development. “How far is too far?”

No one, quite simply No one, is as cool as Gnomes…

I’m not so sure. Remember, even after Theramore and the High Elves there, she was -genuinely- considering Sylvanas’ offer to come and live with Sylvanas in Undercity. Vereesa cannot have been naive enough not to realise what that would mean, but she genuinely was considering the idea during “War Crimes”.

It is possible that Teldrassil may have changed this, but I don’t actually think Vereesa -does- hate Sylvanas.

Think on this (This is Brigs Theorycrafting and getting carried away here, but I love doing this, don’t get me started on ‘You can’t kill Hope’ as a line :smiley: ).

The Three Sisters Comic. They’re reminiscing. They’re doing so -civilly- They’re doing so in their own homeland, despite the fact Sylvanas is the Banshee Queen and Warchief of the Horde. Nothing about that comic is antagonistic, they’re playing a game they played when younger (Bizarre irrelevant fact, for the last five years, ‘Two Lies one Truth’ has been a game played by Blood Elves on Argent Dawn, now it turns out that it actually -Is- a canon game they played! I mean its a common enough game, but still, was fun to read).

Now, and this is me getting interpretive. Look at the cover art for the Comic. The Tripartite gem, in green, blue and red.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/comic/windrunner-three-sisters

The top two fragments of the clearly shattered pendant are Alleria in Green, Sylvanas in Blue. Their eyes are both open, their expressions both in different ways defiant. The Bottom fragment of the shattered pendant is the red gem, with Vereesa’s face upon it. Her eyes are closed, her face downcast, her look, almost one of despair. As if she is the only one who realises how both sisters have not only drifted from each other, but from -her-.

She is the only one who is ‘Normal’ anymore.

Alleria isn’t. Sylvanas certainly isn’t. When they reminisce, there is that scene where they say “We were always our own favourite dance partners” and you see the three sisters, all alive, dancing in a ring, whilst sat on a rock nearby, their brother Lirath is playing a lute.

Vereesa is all that is left of those times…
Lirath is truly dead, Sylvanas is Undead, and Alleria is…Something Else. Vereesa is the -only- truly surviving Windrunner sister, for all that Alleria still breathes, she is not a Quel’dorei anymore (Blizz do actually confirm this, look her up on WoWPedia, its confirmed with links that she no longer classes as a High Elf.

Vereesa is the glue between the sisters. She is the one common link that they have, that is still -normal- And perhaps that is why she looks so despairing in that comic’s cover.

She knows that like the amulet on the cover, they are all three, torn apart, and cannot be fixed…

3 Likes

Correct me if i’m wrong but Vereesa has her issues with the Horde after what had happened to Theramore where her people and Jaina’s people were bombed. We could argue, that’s the reason why, when she told Alleria that Sylvanas is leading the horde, she sounded sad and as if she lost her sister, and this time for good.

In the comic, at least to me, she wasn’t really that excited to see Sylvanas, she was almost in denial of what her sister has become? The comic portrayed her as being closer to Alleria than Sylvanas. I think, that, coupled with Teldrassil and how she almost killed Alleria in Lordaeron, i doubt she has any feelings left for Sylvanas.

That is IF blizzard doesn’t give Sylvanas a redemption arc. I’d love to see them reunited but i kind of cannot stand Sylvanas and what she is doing anymore and hope she just get dealt with.

Also, yeah i know Alleria isn’t classified as a high elf any more, another one down the sewers and i’m still salty about it :frowning:

3 Likes

Who said all of the community? Selective reading again? “Has the biggest RACE DRIVEN COMMUNITY of any RACE DRIVEN COMMUNITIES” and i thought i was clear everytime i said “HIGH ELF COMMUNITY” aka not ALL wow’s community.

3 Likes

That would make complete sense, and I would have thought she would be furious at the Horde, I mean they did kill probably some of her friends, and her husband…but then…“Tides of War” is set after all that She’s happy to chat with Sylvanas. I mean she goes for a ride in Quel’thalas -knowing- that she would probably be Kill on Sight for many there. Its weird. She -Should- be furious at all Horde, but it seems she is not.

I’m not sure I like that writing, Vereesa has good reason to hate Sylvanas, but then she has good reason to stick a spike through Umbric’s head.

I can’t see the Windrunners being reunited. I think that is the essential tragedy of their character arc, but I also wouldn’t be so keen to shackle any future doings of Vereesa to Sylvanas. I don’t think Sylvanas will be killed off, but I would be -incredibly- surprised if she is still Warchief at the end of this expansion. She is being set up for a fall. I have a theory that Nathanos will be killed, and yet another link to her old life destroyed. I legit think that Nathanos will be the big Alliance triumph this time round, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Sylvanas doesn’t actually lose her marbles. Not as in get angry, but actually go insane… No, I reckon you’re better off pinning your hopes for High Elves on their own future development, not on a connection to Sylvanas, like I say, I think she has a rapidly approaching “Sell by date” as Warchief.

1 Like

What’s your opinion on her still having a relationship with Alleria and her son then?

The writing of the sisters has been rocky… Vereesa is angry at the horde, at least we saw that in MoP, like i said, her forces were ready to attack the Blood Elves and Lorthemar had they acted out or the Pandaren not jump in between. The comic…is awkward, i guess she is angry at the horde (argus) but doesn’t hold her sister responsible as the culprit is widely known and Sylvanas wasn’t the one that planned or executed it.

I guess she’ll have issues with what Sylvanas did to her allies (Kaldorei) and her sister in Lordaeron. If the rumors are true and we’ll get a Quel’thalas warfront, we know for a fact the Void Elves will be present and i bet Vereesa and the High Elf forces will be present too on the Alliance side.

I doubt Sylvanas will die too, but you can’t stop me from dreaming! :stuck_out_tongue: Esp after what she’ll do to Baine

I re-read the comic 'Three Sisters- to refresh my memory and found some interesting statements made by Vereesa herself.

1. She doesn’t hold Sylvanas accountable, she knows Garrosh was behind it and actually met Sylvanas during Garrosh’s trial to poison him, but she chose not to, informing Anduin of the deed saying “I chose my sons instead of a life with Sylvanas in the Undercity”. So that explains why she was OK with Sylvanas coming to the meeting.

2. She is angry with the Horde, she believes the Sin’dorei will one day reflect upon their actions and rejoin the Alliance.

Kind of interesting to see her say those things. She debunks an argument saying she is neutral, which she is not, she clearly said “the alliance” in the comic and she also debunks the whole “Sin’dorei are still Quel’dorei” etc etc because she clearly makes the difference clear in the comic.

Thank you for reminding me of it, was a good read again :slight_smile: .

5 Likes

Because whilst at times suffering from some rocky writing, Vereesa is basically a -good- person? This comes down to the fact that she is also the youngest Sister, and as such she will kind of…look up to and respect her elder sisters (Don’t even ask me the psychology behind this, it was a very embarrassing conversation I once had with my younger brother) besides, Alleria, whilst definitely ‘Something else’, has the ability to appear just the same as she was, the Big Sister Vereesa knew, and would have found a comforting presence, as opposed to Sylvanas, who is cold, dead, her face marked by her dying tears, her eyes unnatural.
Alleria still is -alive- and so there will always be that degree of connection, that with the best will in the world, there cannot be, with Sylvanas.

She sure was, but that was instant pain, sudden grief. That was pretty soon after Rhonin’s death, plus it is not -really- certain who she referred to by “They killed my Husband!”
It was only Blood Elves there, and apart from the one dude who made the Mana Bomb, their involvement was minimal in Rhonin’s death. In fact -pointedly- so. Both the Sin’dorei and Forsaken sending a deliberate snub to Garrosh, by not turning up to the battle in person, but sending a ‘couple of boats worth of troops’

This is where the writing gets really awkward. If she’s not angry at Sylvanas, why is she angry at Lor’themar during MoP, I mean he quite blatantly did not plan or execute it either? He’s also not Warchief of the Organisation that -did- carry out the act. Vereesa knows this because of the confrontation where she (or Jaina) throws that at him and he says “My people knew nothing of this!” and then the infamous “Aethas Sunreaver shifts awkwardly”.
We -know- what Lor’themar is like. He is a snark beast of the highest order, but at least he ‘fesses up’ to his mistakes and personally addresses them.

Vereesa will know what he is like also, her highest -earned- rank (She was never Ranger-General, she just -gave- herself that title post Exile) was Farstrider Ranger, Lor’themar would at some point have been her boss as Ranger-Lord. They may never have met, but she would know what people said about his mannerisms and character.
Her actions are a bit sketchy at that point, and do not make a whole degree of sense. I think they could have made it clearer and more sensible if rather than “They Killed My Husband!” She had said “The Horde Killed My Husband!”

That would have made far more logical sense to that encounter.

But then this said, they did miss out some important bits, whilst foolishly leaving others in.

The reason Aethas Shifts Awkwardly is that the original quests would have shown that Yes, he knew nothing of Thalen Songweaver’s betrayal at Theramore, and he even didn’t know that a Sunreaver had breached Kirin Tor Neutrality to steal the Divine Bell, he did in fact -learn- that latter fact afterwards, so ‘The Sunreavers’ were not responsible, but he chose to keep it to himself, rather than tell Jaina, basically balancing her anger against Garrosh’s.

It was a whole confused mess of dialogue. Jaina was telling the truth, Lor’themar was telling the truth, Vereesa was telling the truth, even Aethas was telling the truth.

This is what happens when quests get cut and people don’t check the continuity afterwards.

I think you are right though, given the fact that Sylvanas was quite happy to kill Alleria at Undercity, Vereesa will -now- be furious with her.

I really…Really…Really Hope we do get a Quel’thalas warfront. Even though it was playing through a hideous loss, (I presume you’ve played it on an alt) I -LOVED- the Blood Elf Heritage armour quest chain. So many cameo’s, so much context, so much use of locations, and Oh Gods don’t look down whilst riding the Dragonhawk or you really will see the elven cost in lives, But yes, if they do have a Warfront like that, the Ren’dorei and Quel’dorei would be the sensible people to be driving that narrative…

Oh Gods she’s never been Neutral…Did anyone ever seriously think that? I mean -technically- she was during WotLK, but only very tenuously, the Silver Cov were as obviously slanted towards the Alliance, as the Sunreavers were towards the Horde.

Although in fairness, given the actions of the organisation she runs, she should realise that one of the reasons the Sin’dorei will not rejoin the Alliance is her very own self, and what she ordered…

I think there is a lot of disconnect with what Vereesa thinks and how she acts, however I think is purely down to her not getting decent screen time and writing, With a more coherent writing guideline I think she could indeed be a Quel’dorei leader, but with the current writing she is getting, it just, wouldn’t gel so well…

In fact I think that would be the ‘litmus test’ of if they are going to introduce High Elves as playable. If Vereesa starts getting consistency of character, and decent writing, then that means they are ploughing effort into her, and would be a hopeful sign that they plan to introduce the race.

WIth the Exception of Magister Umbric (Whose situation was obviously different) they have foreshadowed this with every other Allied Race.
I think that’s the key sign to look out for. When Vereesa steps forwards, gets some screen time, and a writer that understands the character, then playable High Elves will not be far behind.

3 Likes

There would be no need for any lore gymnastics. High elf lore is already in place. Most of it is shared with blood elves, but for more than a decade, the high elves have had their own lore, which segments them increasingly deeper into the Alliance. The lore is there.

Not even remotely. As mentioned, the lore is already there, and the blood elf story is just as valid with or without high elves being playable. Playable high elves would actually strengthen blood elf lore. Imagine the conflicts between families, friends and neighbors, torn between factions. This has already happened with the void elves. Role players have grasped the opportunity to embrace the struggles. I hope future quests and other bits of lore will build on this, for all three Thalassian groups.

We kind of need them on the Alliance. Not as much for the exact model (though I’d certainly prefer it, with blue eyes), but for the high elf part. Lore, flavour, history, you know.

I’ve suggested it, mostly jokingly out of spite, but also in an effort to make Blizzard make something happen to those zones. I’d love for Quel’Thalas to become a warfront, but I’d actually love it even more if the zones were updated to permit flying, to have transmogrification and barber shops (the lack of which is an utter outrage!) and to see improved graphics. And to see some dog gamned progress on the rebuilding efforts that have had zero progress for thirteen years!

Of course you would. There’s a lot more to the Alliance than the Light. This is partially explained in the void elf introduction. High elves and void elves get along fine, as seen both in Stormwind and in Telogrus. High elves and night elves have actually gotten along nicely in the past years. Shandris and Vereesa have been known to work together.

Those who changed their names to sin’dorei pretty much revoked their claim to being quel’dorei. But I’ll be willing to let lost blood elves return to their old ways and reclaim the high elven name with their kin, in the Alliance.

I think both ought to get the same things. Personally, I’d love to see warpaints, Alleria and Rommath styles, come back in fashion. Perhaps separated by colour. But I’d be content to have unpainted high elves as well.

This is partially explained, and highly tied to the Alliance’s trust towards Alleria. We do see high elves in Telogrus, so there’s obviously something going on between void elves and their uncorrupted cousins that’s not hostile. I expect this to be expanded on.

Quel’dorei have joined the Alliance, and nope, they didn’t turn all shadowy and tendrily.

Have you been following this debate at all?

Yes, it’s alive and well. Thanks for your contribution.

Blood elf fantasy belongs to the Horde. High elf fantasy is Alliance fantasy. It’s just that tiny little issue of playability we want fixed.

But not vice versa. Blood elves belong in the Horde. We want the other high elves. The ones who didn’t change their names, and didn’t join the Horde.

Ignore or counter? So far, I haven’t actually seen a single argument that points out why playable high elves would be impossible, neither in lore or in gameplay, that hasn’t been taken seriously, debated, and debunked. I haven’t even come across any not debunked arguments that point out why it might be a bad idea. If such arguments have been made, and not been properly countered, then please bring them back up. Don’t just say they’re there, but point them out. Make your case clear.

What arguments against playable high elves are we ignoring? (And remember, debunking is not ignoring.)

6 Likes

So Ion stands correct, you are just too blue team absorbed to jump over your shadow. GG