Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

The lame elfs are already a faction that you can play, they are called Blood elfs now and they really wish you’d stop calling them.

So same model just a different team with blue tabard. Right. Ion was proven correct.

1 Like

Wat?

Same model, yes. Different team, yes. Tabards can be changed. Also, lore that’s been different for thirteen years. Also, throughout these thirteen years, the high elves have been a part of the Alliance, increasingly more as time has passed. High elf lore has become Alliance lore.

Ion wasn’t technically completely wrong. He just forgot to consider faction flavour (but hey, it’s not like faction matters these days, is it? Oh, wait…), lore that’s been established and expanded upon in almost every single patch, in quests, in novels, in comics, in cinematics and more. And he omitted to consider that high elves who aren’t blood elves, and that have been a part of the Alliance ALL the time (to varying degrees) have been the most requested race throughout the history of World of Warcraft.

But yes. Ignore that, and all the other points that have been made, in order to reduce it to needy Alliance players wanting to steal the blood elves’ models.

5 Likes

There is no faction flavor. It’s the same race. End of Story. This game has bigger problems than a single allied race that already exists playable.

1 Like

And here I though we might be playing the same game. Obviously not. My bad. Come back when you’ve played World of Warcraft, and especially when you’ve played a little in Battle for Azeroth. Faction flavour aplenty here.

(And I know they’re the same race, just like the two factions of pandaren.)

You do realize that just because you say “End of Story”, that the story doesn’t end here, right? You can reduce what we say all you like, and you probably will, in order to keep whining about our requests and suggestions without actually considering what we’re saying. The debate will keep on, though. Those of us with something to say will say more, be it suggestions or countering negative comments. Your negativity doesn’t dissuade us - it fuels us.

I guess I ought to thank you for keeping this thread up by bumping it, and say the same ignorant thing over and over again.

3 Likes

Your argument can be applied to the Nightborne, yet surprisingly, you guys use the same arguments we use to justify the High Elves, to justify why the Nightborne joined the Horde.

You are a nitpicker and you only reply to comments where you can apply the “tabard” and “Ion said so” arguments, because in reality you have no arguments. Your only problem with the High Elves is the model, and we already said, and you keep ignoring it, that the model is the least of our concern, High Elven old model aka the Kaldorei model would be just fine, as long as they carry the High Elven status. I bet you’ll ignore this one, again.

Although yes they are of the same race (Like some other races shared between the Alliance and Horde) they have different beliefs and walk different paths, the most prominent Quel’dorei character, Vereesa, sees the Sin’dorei as something less than, she sees the Sin’dorei as people that lost their ways and need redemption, i can hardly see her identifying with you, a mere Blood Elf, you are not and you will never be called or considered a High Elf again. The Quel’dorei are people that chose their dignity above the Blood Elven nation that went and used dark magic.

The Quel’dorei stood with the Alliance since the day it was born and they continue to show loyalty to the Alliance, they are not neutral to you and they were ready to attack your leader and his blood elf troops without thinking twice.

Quit trying to make the Blood Elves and the High Elves one, because they aren’t. The blood elves gave up that status and lifestyle voluntarily and they no longer consider themselves High Elves. Nor do the High Elves or anyone in game mention those 2 nations as 1. It’s only you Erevien.

5 Likes

They totally are. Only difference is their political alignment. The name Sin’dorei has nothing to do with their culture, but the rememberance of Quel’thalas when is was soaked in blood and death.

What dignity? The one where they sell their bodies to breed half helf/human babies? Don’t make me laugh.

Sunfury is gone, mind you. Those playable elves never sucked fel magic. Just read the chronicles.

Of course she would. She is a human mattress for Rhonin after all.

No, you just can’t accept it when Blizzard tells you “no”.

1 Like

How many times did Blizzard tell the Classic-whiners “no”?

2 Likes

Classic Servers are Blizzards way of stopping the illegaly private servers and make a profit out of it. High Elfs however? The vocal minority demanding them don’t give them this much out of the deal.

Race and culture wise? Finally something we agree upon. You know…reminds me of a race that is basically the exact same race as another race (Where even the leader of that said race was born in the city of that other race) that became playable just recently hmm they did use the same skeleton and even used the same eyes but gave them a different idle stance, i guess it makes sense, but them doing the same for the High Elves? According to you, impossible because ThEy ArE tHe SaMe RaCe.

The dignity of staying true to their noble heritage and not stray from it and worse of all ally with mongrels.

We’re talking of about the generation that made the split happen, newer generations are irrelevant at the moment.

Sylvanas was one too, but it’s okay she is Horde.
But damn Ervenie you gave me an idea! Maybe also add the option of darker skin tones to also show the fact that high elves have been breeding with Humans and give the possibility of RPing a half elf. Damn you’re creative!

Citation needed for the “minority”. People that are actively asking for them on forums, are, that’ because forum users are a minority overall!

People playing the high elves? Doubt it’ll be a minority. Many people that don’t care about lore and don’t even know what a Kaldorei or Quel’dorei is will simply pick a race they find aesthetically appealing. Like the Void Elves, people don’t know what or who they are but everyone is race changing to be one.

Same will happen to High Elves, they’ll make a good amount in race changes only, and if you can’t see that, you’re in denial. And if you honestly believe, the only ones that will play High Elves are the ones asking for them, then you reached a new level of delusion and denial.

5 Likes

It won’t stop it 100%. Only a fool would believe that.
As for High elves, it would add a race which has canonically been part of the alliance, similar to the DI Dwarfs.

4 Likes

to be fair considering the “high elves” are a dying race even once some have become blood elves.

I’m actually amazed at how many have manged to help in all the wars since “burning crusade” and how many silver covenant (remember those guys, they also appeared at the isle of thunder)

we are drowning in both blood elves and high elves. They must be breeding like rabbits

2 Likes

Well that must be a fun event.

Lol 3 more high elves added just this patch and more will come in the next patch, so much for a “dying race”. Someone actually had the dedication to take a picture of every Alliance High Elf in the game, they stopped at 200+ :laughing:

4 Likes

I’m sure they are doing it on purpose to rub it in or some devs are just not willing out of spite. Wildhammers, High Elf, Broken is what was asked for. So far we received none and even didn’t allow us to make a skinny human to top it off, but Mag’har orcs got 7 skins? Or better yet yellow eyes are cosmetic with BE, they were the basis for lightforged draenei. Atleast the DI are in good favour. We have 3 to go I hope we get atleast some of which we requested.

4 Likes

An easy way to look at it is as following. Which have been the most requested races from the previous expacts?

Alliance:
High Elf
Broken
Wildhammer
Dark Iron

Horde:
Ogres
Mag’har Orcs
Zandalari Trolls

Both:
Arakkoa
Ethereals
Naga

Now, look at who has gotten most of the races they wanted.

8 Likes

Don’t forget that 2 of the races the Horde got use the Night Elf skeleton. But Void Elves and High Elves using same skeleton but different idle stance + customization like the Nightborne? Impossible!!!

6 Likes

You missed Nightborne, many people wanted them on both sides and suspected it would be a neutral race like the pandaren were. So that’s 3 wins for Horde and just 1 for us… I’m gonna rage on the forums if mecha gnomes are our new allied race while Horde gets Vulpera.

4 Likes

Imagine wearing full armor and becoming a regular Gnome

3 Likes

I just want sethrak man

2 Likes