Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

I agree. I think the Silver Cov would be the logical ‘Go to’ even though I know they are just one -group- of High Elves, they are probably, in fact almost certainly, the most iconic. They actually did something similar with the Belf Heritage set, it comes with a robe or a trousers option, I just happened not to like either, so used the shoulders, gauntlets and cloak, and the rest is the Legion Hunter PvP stuff, which by happy coincidence, really matches.

I think that is definitely the way forward with Heritage sets though, making a caster/melee option,

I think Silver Covenant would look pretty good, but as I say, instead of the Blood Elf angle to the Pauldrons, with it being an eagle head instead, the reason I reckon that is more to do with the fact that the whole ‘Phoenix rising again’ thing is much more a Blood Elf Motif, whereas the Silver Cov look would be ‘Old Skool’ Thalassian chic, as it were.

Aside from that, the armours are going to look pretty similar, Its a shame there isn’t a proper blue set that really works, for those trying to RP as High Elves using the Void Elf Model, although the ‘Rift Stalker’ set (I think it is) actually works pretty well… Well, apart from the helmet and shoulders…

There was a guild on AD “The Silver Sun” who played High Elves, but on Horde side, and I think they used that armour set, which looked pretty good, but then, that comes with the attendant problem of it only being wearable by certain classes…

1 Like

I was also thinking about the 7th Legion battle mages look the High Elves wear but that’s an Alliance thing and not a High Elven thing. So it’s really either Silv. Cov. Or something completely new(as in not used in game currently) that shows their heritage with all this and that. Im fine either way as long as they not overdo it and give them wings and whatever like the Void Elves.

1 Like

Yeah, I think they would need to underplay the wings aspect, and whilst I like the 7th Legion idea, I -suspect- (I don’t know why) that Humans will be getting another set eventually, that will be very 7th Legion based, I think playing along the traditional Thalassian imagery, whilst not going OTT with it, and obviously using thematic Alliance colours, would be the way to go. I’m just trying to think of a particular motif or symbology that is purely High Elven, that could really give it a bit of kick as a heritage set, whilst not being a direct retread of the Belf stuff

I shall give it some thought, as whilst I wouldn’t play one myself, the idea of a High Elven unit of Fliers on Argent Dawn who could be our rivals fills me with unbridled joy :smiley: But for now, scootling to my dreadful little Dark Iron, Adios!

I agree. It’s pretty difficult because they share the same heritage. It would be easier if the High Elves “gave up” their past but the High Elves and even the Void Elf Alleria say “Silvermoon will stand for the Alliance” and “The blood elves will have their redemption and join the Alliance” that indicates that the conservative High Elves of the Alliance still cling to their heritage and so do the Blood Elves. So it’s a sticky situation.

I guess a way to work around it is, obviously have a thalassian inspired set, you know with crystals and what ever extras the art team comes up with to set them apart from the Blood Elf one. Then give it the obvious blue color to show for which faction they stand. Maybe add a Lion’s head here and there to cement the fact they stand with the Alliance.

1 Like

Elven lunatics. Doesn’t matter anways. Blood Elves just celebrated their 12th birthday as part of the Horde and there is nothing you can do about it :wink:

What there’d be interesting to see happen when you play within Dalaran as the High elves is that the forsaken deploy the plague and wounds a lot of the city’s population and they kick the horde completly out of Dalaran and they become a New Alliance Race.

1 Like

I really like your ideas how to create HE heritage armour :slight_smile:

I always thought that the armours, that e.g. HE NPCs use in Kirin Tor offensive, might be fitting, although they lack central theme and some are used for other members of Kirin Tor as well.

We already got 4 flavors of elf to play, we really don’t need any more . It would be nice to see them doing something in game to see they still exist sure. But do we really need a 3rd reskin of blood elves? I’d rather see some more unique races in the future or atleast a remodel of another race that has so many playable ones yet. undead like nathaniel blightcaller, or ogres.

Less world of elfcraft pls.

1 Like

I think that there is no need to give High elves other reasons why to officially become part of the Alliance (well fo those who aren’t members of it yet).

I’d love if Ogres became playable :slight_smile:

The problem is that most players don’t want to play as “ugly” race, but I still think it could happen and hopefully soon.

There is nothing we want to do it about either. :wink: Please stay on topic, we’re talking about the Alliance-aligned High Elves, not Blood Elves.

2 Likes

Not the most, just a very vocal group.

If you look around in the game you will see alot of people playing stuff like taurens, undeads, worgen, gnomes and orcs.

there are plenty of people who would love something more rugged like vrykul or ogres. I personally will love how the kulthiran males look more rugged as well. Most human male options look like they are out of some kind of anime with those hairstyles. If you want something other than that you are often forced to go bald or old man-ish

1 Like

So, you have Humans, Fat Humans, Dead Humans and Furry Humans. Now you want another type of Dead Human?
World of Humancraft much?

1 Like

I’ve just used the fact that the most played race on the Horde side are Blood elves.

I’d deffinitely love to see Ogres or Mok’nathal as playable race for the Horde and I’d trade Kul Tirans for Vrykuls without a single thought of remorse.

1 Like

That would be another reskin of human model and quess what, the biggest change is eye colour. If you want to have human model on the Horde side with barely no changes then I see no problem with having High elves on the Alliance side (Thalassian model).

I do not mean it offensively btw, people would want to see many “reskinned races” such as Wildhammer, Earthen, Iron Dwarves, Broken, Eredar (Man’ari), Mok’nathal (Rexxar is based on orc skeleton), San’layn, gilgoblins, junker gnomes, many different Troll tribes and I can go on and on…

They want them as customisation options but at the same time they’d want them to have different racials, which can only be achieved by creating them as a new playable race/AR.

And I say why not? Better than some races that were created out of the blue just to give one of the factions access to certain model…

4 Likes

#thehordearethereforyou

The pandaren are widely ignored as a relevant comparison in this debate. What we’re asking for is the Alliance version of the blood elves, who are the same race, but do not call themselves blood elves, but rather high elves, and that have been a part of the Alliance for longer than the blood elves have been with the Horde, to be made playable. Huojin and Tushui pandaren should be a perfect analogue to blood and high Thalassian elves. They’re the freaking same race! Luckily for those who want there to be differences, circumstances have caused the majorities of the different populations to have developed different eye colours and/or glows. That’s it!

Now, I’m all for pandaren getting access to hairstyles more typical to the factions they’ve been with for a while now, and that they’d have the opportunity to look slightly different from one another because of cultural influences to hairstyles, and that the same could happen for high and blood elves. Much more wouldn’t really make much sense. The major cultural shift between blood and high elves comes down to faction (and to a lesser degree on choices and policies as to how to deal with magical withdrawal), and that really doesn’t alter how you stand and walk.

Character models and movements are pretty much representative of what’s typical for the majority of the playable population.

Now, someone’s suggesting half elves added as customisation options for high elves, which I imagine would imply adding more humanesque features, such as body types, ears and skin colours. Adding these options to the high elves would turn high elves into “high and half elves” where choosing any of the half elven options would make your high elf appear as a half elf. I’m really not sure what I think about this. It might be cool, and it’s something that would make more sense adding in with Alliance high elves more than Horde blood elves, but then again, it would require a whole lot of options to one race alone, and I’m not sure how I’d defend that to the Horde players. I mean, let’s at least try to be fair here…

2 Likes

The problem is that there’s, like, twelve of them left and we see a high and bood elf getting a crash course together in Telogrus. Give it a couple of years and the sad, blue eyed splinter faction of Thalassian elves will be no more, fully subsumed into the ren’dorei population.

Nightborne have had ten millennia to diverge from other night elves. They’ve developed a language of their own, and a culture that’s really not like the night elves’ at all.

Exactly!

You are at this point utterly rude and dismissive.

And Brigante has responded to your replies.

Thank you.

What problem?

The blood elf one is highly based on the spellbreakers, which was a class that arose with the blood elves. I think the high elves might need something more understated, and, of course, something in silvers and blues. In this, I think a lot of the Americany fanarty concepts might be good points of inspiration. Somewhere between a ranger and a mage might be what’s representing the high elves best.

I think, for me, the time to just put Maidel on ignore is drawing closer.

I think the phrase “You think you do, but you don’t” fits nicely here.

I don’t thin there’s anything we’d want to do with it. Blood elves are in the Horde. Good for them. This thread isn’t about that.

There are hundreds of high elves in-game.

1 Like