Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

Completely ignoring that the “parents” have been dangling and taunting about that something in front of us kids through most of the games life.

3 Likes

That is an argument I see bandied about too often. That Alliance High Elves are a thing is indisputable, they are unaltered thalassian elves who chose the Alliance over their own people. That they appear in some stories occasionally is unsurprising. But nowhere is that a promise they should become playable. There are plenty of other non playable races within the factions such as Forest Trolls, Hozen, Undead Elves, Jinyu, Frost Dwarves who occasionally make an appearance and nobody construes their presence as ‘dangling them in front of the player base’.

In fact, what people see as ‘danging in front of the playerbase’ is really just one High Elf, Veressa, and she only gets story time because she has two vastly more interesting sisters in whose story she is a supporting bit part.

We want Taunka as allied race!

1 Like

Then provide the evidence.

I dont think this is really true. When people say ‘dangling’ they mean new content being introduced where there are High Elves being added. Yvera Dawnwing is a prime example, she is a High Elf portal trainer in the newly rebuilt Stromguarde. There were High Elves added in Legion too, in fact there was an in-game cinematic with a clear distinction between High Elves and Blood Elves, the former being clearly in the Alliance.

If you’re not that interested in High Elves than you probably wont have noticed them but for those who do want them I can see how they will stand out and get noticed more.

3 Likes

The high elven lodges in Vanilla… Allerian stronghold in TBC, The silver covenant in Wrath, back to the lodges in cata, more silver covenant in MoP, dunno about WoD, even more silver covenant in legion and Alleria makes her return, high elven characters in BFA…

And then to top up with the announcement of allied races, aka races that are minor tweaks on already playable ones which was an ideal moment to release High Elves for alliance… and they gave us smurfs, with no affiliation to the already established High Elves of alliance.

High Elves are clearly established part of the Alliance and an ideal Allied race to introduce. Only reason they aren’t so far have been due to stubbornness.

4 Likes

Wtf does that have to do with your point you just mentioned tho?

About the completely ignoring that the parents have being dangling and taunting…

Since the first high elves in wow players have been asking for them to be playable on the Alliance… And they were added to the horde for the chinese…

Since then players have still been asking for them to be playable on Allaince… Only for them to give us smurfs that are not affiliated with the already established alliance High Elves.

Do tell me how they haven’t been taunting their own player based about High Elves again?

If they hadn’t doubled down on their presence in the Alliance then the demand for them would not have been as big as it is now.

1 Like

Ty, thats the correction i needed to hear.

You have a point, i do agree. The moaning just get tiresome.

b4 someone says then why do you even stay in this thread?

Because i want to see how far it will go.

Maybe Alliance should have thought of their diplomacy back then. You know try to help the blood elves like Sylvanas did (who btw was High elf) instead of being aholes.

As for their physical differences, there are more than just eye coulour, skin tones and some hair colours (light blue), but it is discutable how significant those differencies are. Even Ion mentioned High elves as sub-race, so there could be more than that, we might not have been able to see it so far.

I still think that Blizz can alter High elves enough so that they’d look distinguishable and yet those differencies would be lore-friendly.

Anyway with addition of races like Nightborne or Kul Tirans (those especially), that have different models for NPCs and playable races, I do not see a problem in creating HE race based on the old High elf model from Vanilla, when the changes would be equal to those of Nightborne NPC and AR model…

Edit: a typo

1 Like

A sub-race of what though?

Well there was a question about sub-races and he mentioned High elves, he does not imply that High elves would be on the Horde side.

And I know what you are doing … it is actually in other way around and you can say that Blood elves are sub-race, because they changed, not High elves.

That’s true Sylvanas is a high elf and she looks nothing like blood elves. Is Sylvanas a high elf anymore? Where is our dead elf allied race?

Yes, that would make more sense.
Perhaps he meant Allied race - idk.

What we need is a proper lore update - a real canon update from the writers to end all our speculation.
How do the Belves regard the exiled High Elves now? How has Lor’themar’s leadership changed Quel’thalas?
Because if we don’t despise them as traitors - and we know we have moved on from the (relatively short) period of Kael’thas’ rule… where do we all stand now?

If the Horde as it stands dissolves - or changes irrecovably - do we know for a fact that that the exiled elves wouldn’t want to return to Silvermoon - given that they can probably feel its pull stronger than ever now. Even Alleria was welcomed before she threw a shadowy spanner in the works.

As always, the Horde/Alliance side-picking is such a minor detail when considering we have the same generation of elves - possibly family members, friends - divided by what is essentially a club run by the younger, lesser* races.

*who will all be dead long before any of the elves concerned.

Well, faction leaders have normally unique models … The reason why she looks quite different to some is because customisation options in WoW are very limited and we look like clones, but she is still Thalassian elf.

I would love it if there was a neutral faction all could join and be one faction to stand against the forcess of darkness and corruption.

Yeah, there are many questions, which I’d love to be answered and many, many others as well, but it seems that HE/BE lore is not primary for them right now :confused:

She is also very much undead so that might play a part in the differences. Since there is a f ton of dead elves everywhere it would be a better allied race than the couple hundred living high elves (which still are pretty much the same as blood elves).

Those remaining high elves are prolly turning into night elves anyway since they can’t use the sunwell anymore.

With all the Death everywhere, some Undead faction is much more likely to happen… Maybe it is foreshadowing of the next expansion in Shadowlands, which can be really interesting.