Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

Well maybe then sylvanas she’ll realise the val’kyr they lied to her and that there is an after life so then she’ll maybe hate them instead of wanting more of them?

Well, High elves can’t turn to Night elves that is for sure, although High elves can further diminish and be physically changed because of the absence of powers of the Sunwell. I am not entirely sure if they can use and draw powers from it or not.

But if they were changed by this, more than it is shown in the game right now, then it is one more reason, why they can become playable.

As for numbers, some of playable races/ARs have even less population.

1 Like

Well high elves are teaming with alliance and they need a power source. Do you think they wouldn’t try moonwell? Wouldn’t that change them to be more like night elves?

All the elves were the same the only thing making them different is the source of power. Nightwell for highborne, sunwell for high elves and moonwell for nightelfs.

Also we could consider high elf human mix since we know from the Windrunner family that high elves like to screw around with humans.

Well, some HE in Stormwind? or somewhere else used Moonwell, so yeah, but most of them are siphoning energy from inanimate objects such as various relics etc. Still, I do not think that that can turn them back or make them look more like Night elves, since these energies are not irradiating the users like Fel, which is extremely aggressive.

That cinematic firstly displayed a tiny High Elf force relative to the Blood Elven and Night Elven armies that made up the bulk of the assault and secondly dwelt on the fact that they are breeding with Humans, which at best is seeding a Half Elf Allied race at some point.

You argue that people who aren’t interested in High Elves don’t notice them but that for those who want them, they stand out more. How is this a shocking revelation? Of course you are bound to notice them more, and to invest their appearance with much greater importance than is warranted.

There are currently four High Elves on the live servers. Yvera Dawnbringer as the portal keeper, Frostfencer Seraphi within the island expeditions and two unnamed High Elves shielding the Alliance airship.

Four. With two more coming in the patch because they open the gateway to wrath era Dalaran. Six High Elves total.

Conversely there have been plenty of Void Elves within BFA, with some named NPCs during the invasions, plentiful 7th Legion voidcasters, an entire island expedition team and of course, their racial leader given due prominence.

Why would High Elves need a power source? They feed off the Sunwell same as the Blood Elves.

Which does not give much sense, because their creation was based on extreme conditions, which logically should not be able to recreate, so with most of them dying, there should be only few of them left…

3 Likes

Well power sources do seem to change the appearance very rapidly. At least the absence of it turned highborne very fast into withered.

What comes to fel wells they are said to turn elves into satyrs. So again another elf race drawing power from a different well.

There are more High elves in the game though Quel’Danil lodge etc, which are still inhavited by High elves loyal to the Alliance.

Half-elves are much more possible to be added to the game. Blizz can even create playable race, which could contain both Half-elves and High elves via customization options.

1 Like

Well clearly those few high elves that are in the alliance but are exactly the same as blood elves just with different politics.

You are right. It doesn’t make much sense when put like that.

Thankfully, this question has been answered in a recent interview.

Polygon Allied Race interview

Question: “If they come from a small group of Silvermoon Exiles, how are they an Allied Race? Where do the numbers come from?”

Moorgard answer:“They start out as a small group,” Danuser continues. “But it’s natural as other elves have found out about them — elves who are interested in new sources of magic, power, or opportunities — would see if they could undergo a similar process. They’re not … recruiting, necessarily, but they’re open to those who show a similar interest.”

Not to mention there are High Elves accompanying Void Elves in Stormwind.

And the High AND Blood Elves present in Tel’rogus learning to wield the void.

And the Voidcrafted Ravasaurs which the Void Elves create during the Alliance invasion which shows that they can infuse other living beings with the void. Please note this is not the Undead dinosaur they later reanimate, but living beings they corrupt in the name of the Alliance.

So, Void Elves can convert other Elves into Void Elves which is why their numbers have expanded.

1 Like

But there is no proof that High elves used Moonwells that much + it varies from one group to another at what method they used to sustain themselves.

Again Fel is extremely aggressive and corrupting, so it is a bit different situation.

But the differencies of methods of sustaining between HE/BE might have much more significant role and impact, but we do not know this for sure.

1 Like

Would there be a huge change then since both HE and BE were sucking on crystals for power until sunwell got cleansed?

I mean Blizzard isn’t just going to change stuff for the sake of change? Oh wait a minute that is exactly what they do all the time…

I have actually read that article, strange I completely forgot about that.

It is still unclear if they can trully recreate the same conditions, I’ve thought that this was the reason why they wanted to add customisation options for Void elves to make those different waves of Void elves distinctive.

1 Like

Yeah, like changing the BE lore, so they did not drained the Fel crystals to just being irradiated by them?

1 Like

By ‘add new customization options’ to Void Elves, are you referring to the Lost Codex interview with Alex Afrasiabi found here?

This was where giving Void Elves extra customization options to look more like High Elves was brought up. The problem was, this wasn’t information volunteered by the developers. It was asked directly by the interviewer, who asked ‘is this possible’ and Afrasiabi replied ‘it is possible’.

Had the Lost Codex channel asked ‘Are Ogres possible?’ I am sure Alex would have given a very similar response, and not one taken as a statement of intent by the developers. Nothing has been promised regarding Void Elf customization.

In fact, given Ion specifically zeroed in on the ‘fair skinned, blonde haired’ aesthetic when he rejected High Elves (because he said that was a Blood Elf thing), I very much doubt this is a possibility.

As for the interview, I think the game is clear that Void Elves can create the same conditions. You yourself point out that Void Elf numbers as depicted in game currently don’t make sense and the only way they do make sense is if the Void Elves can replicate the process to make more Void Elves.

Occam’s razor. There are more Void Elves than initially thought because the Void Elves are making more from those Elves, both Blood and High, who seek them out.

Weren’t the crystals from the tempest keep? Which was a space ship created by the floating crystal alien who is pretty much the light itself?

Kael’thas was addicted to fel energy, but I don’t think blood elves in general were affected by it.

Isn’t that what they did? Blood Elves did not for the most part directly consume fel energies. The green eye colour is a by-product of being in the vicinity of the fel crystals. Consuming fel energy directly would change a thalassian elf into a Felblood Elf.

Or they may be breeding with night elves or draenei why does all think it’s only humans there gets to be with them?

It is really strange just to have human/elf hybrids, because they are separate species, Draenei are even aliens…