Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

I think that there was a retcon concerning the Fel crystals, but I am pretty sure that there was a hint that they used the energies from the Fel crystals up to the last patch of tbc (2.4.3)

1 Like

High elves were known to screw around with humans. Look at the Windrunner family and Kael’thas was interested in Jaina. I’m shipping the human elf hybrids.

I know about that, it is just strange that they can even have children, it is like dog/cat hybrid 
 Anyway Half elves were confirmed even in Warcraft III, so yeah, it is just strange to me.

If that seems strange to you then look at trolls and then look at night elves and ask what the f happened? Also where is the missing links between that change?

Dark Trolls (neutral units in Warcraft III, but no in WoW, maybe in Winterspring is one) - Dark Elves (prolly none alive, more precisely all of them changed throughout centuries or even millenia) - Night elves

Btw elf/troll hybrid gives more sense than human/elf.

1 Like

That would make more sense, but high elves don’t seem to be too interested in trolls.

Maybe it’s the void in humans that pulls high elves to them?
Since humans have the curse of flesh created by old gods who are manifestations of void. Tho that would work with dwarfs and gnomes too

I don’t know if it’s already been said, probably yes, but technically it’s heavily implied that Void Elves are atleast in part high elves, as you can see in Telogrus. Just, bleached (?)

Well, that is true, there is only one night elf/troll hybrid mentioned.

I get why humans are attracted to elves and vice versa and have relations with them, it is just that they should not be able to conceive. But it is fantasy world and it is obviously possible.

There has been High elven apprentices from the beginning (even around in Stormwind), so noone is trying to disprove that. Only question is if these new HE/BE recruits would end up looking like Void elves who were changed by the Nexus Prince.

This high elf talk needs to stop. I am the human speaking to you from earth control. No fun allowed, you think you do
 but you dont! Slams Hammer

The answer is yes. A Void Elf is what it says on the tin, an Elf warped by the void and there are physical consequences to that. Voidbeast Ravasaurs no longer look like ordinary Ravasaurs once the Void Elves get through with them.

There is also the gameplay rationale behind why Void Elves look different from Blood/High Elves; aesthetic space between them and the Blood Elves. It makes little sense to go and provide the Void Elves with a unique aesthetic and then to say everyone who follows will just look like an ordinary Blood/High Elf. It is also one unsupported by the game, as we have yet to see a Void Elf wielding the power of a Void Elf who looks like a Blood/High Elf with the exception of Alleria.

Alleria is the exception to the rule because she came by her powers a different way, by consuming the heart of a dark naaru. She is still a Void Elf, but a different kind of Void Elf.

1 Like

Well, I get that, anyway I still feel that there are many plotholes and inconsistencies, this race was added as compromise, that was the main goal, and possibly interesting lore has lower priority. Like how they can manage to change other elves without driving them to madness or losing them to the Whispers? Did Locus-Walker taught them everything or Alleria etc

I wrote it quite blatantly but I meant giving Void elves more natural options 
 hair without the glow or mini-tentacles, more lively hair colours (not blonde or golden, that would not be approprite, but e.g. dark black or silver/white), just take Twilight cultistsm they do not have tentacles and they are still dabbling in Void. Not ctrl+c ctrl+v of Blood elven customisation. I would not like that for High elves either.

1 Like

To throw those whinging about, and demanding, High Elves a bone; what about Half-Elves?

Pure High Elves are absolutely no different to Blood Elves. They literally are Blood Elves. There is not a difference visually or mechanically between the two factions of the same race. There isn’t a substantial enough High Elf population for a playable race.

Half-Elves, on the other hand, have loads of potential as an Allied Race. They progress the High Elf story over the ages. They give the opportunity for a new path while still being High Elven. New models since they are different to both humans and Blood/High Elves while still showing throwbacks to their ancestry. Personalised racials. New culture. What was that thing about tattoos?

Why not go this way? It’s possible, unlike pure High Elves.

I suggested it long time ago on different character, so yeah I am in :slight_smile:

But you have to understand that most of the people are not here for Half-elves.

I think that even creating race, I do not know call it something, e.g. Aeddari, which would contain both High elves and Half elves alike, is also a way how to get both Half-elves and High elves. It would be up to you and your customisation choices, if you’d play as pureblood HE or Half-elf. I presented this to some of my friends and there were good responses on this idea.

The same can go to the Horde. They want Ogres, but there are multiple issues with them, so give them half ogre/orc hybrids (Mok’nathal), which again can look more like ogres or Half ogres, it would be up to you and your choices of customisation options, so that both sides would get what they want.

I really think that it could work this way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But what’s the point of that? It wouldn’t satisfy the High Elf crowd and it waters down the Void Elves.

1 Like

Do you mean adding few customisation options to Void elves, like giving non-tantacle hair for males (females have them) or adding black and white hair colours? I think that this does not water down Void elves and that it goes well along the Void theme. It is not like adding uncorrupted High elves as customisation for Void elves (which btw I do not want)

2 Likes

Just clarifying a few points as there does seem to be some confusion. The difference between Blood Elf and High elf is in name alone, and political allegiance. A High Elf who went to Outlands and was exposed to Fel would be physically indistinguishable from a Blood Elf. Likewise a Blood Elf who did not live in Quel’thals during TBC would look identical to a High Elf (There are in fact NPC’s who are Blood Elves with Blue Eyes). Blizz confirmed this, their exact words were “If you were a High Elf, and went to Outlands, chances are you have fel green eyes” You’d still be a HIgh Elf, but you would physically be identical to a Blood Elf.

Interestingly they were originally going to have all the Alliance High Elves at the Allerian Stronghold in Terrokar forest have green eyes, but changed their minds as it would be ‘too confusing’. They didn’t change the quest text however, as one of the NPC quest givers has to reassure the character that “Despite my appearance, I -am- a High Elf, not a Blood Elf, I am not going to suck your life force out of you”. She would have absolutely no reason to make that statement unless she did indeed look like a Blood Elf.
Lots of things get lost when quests or NPC’s are altered but they forget all the small knock on details.

Prime Example the whole “Aethas shifts awkwardly” thing. Everyone assumed that meant that he had ordered the theft of the Divine Bell, whereas the original quest text that was cut showed us that he wasn’t even -aware- of it until after it happened, and he was leant on by Garrosh’s Orcs to stay quiet about it. He feared Garrosh’s wrath more than Jaina’s. Boy did that backfire

High Elves and Blood Elves work the same, High Elves have the same mana addiction as Blood Elves. The difference is in how they sated it. Blood Elves drained from Living creatures or Arcane (not Fel) crystals or items, High Elves did the same, but refused to drain from Living Creatures.

We do however know the range of Fel Corruption in Elves! (Well, Games Mechanics wise) The Radiation effect has a range of two zones. We know this because the Elves at Quel’Lithien, who are literally on the border of Quel’thalas, were unaffected, but every Elf in Quel’thalas -was- effected.
We also know that the Sunwell’s Range is effectively limitless. Blood Elves are nourished by it worldwide, but also-High- Elves are too. Said same Elves at Quel’Lithien were able to feel the energies after it was reignited, in fact Priestess Aurora can even -tell- that it is now a mix of Arcane and Light, not just Arcane. (From the short story ‘Shadow of the Sun’) Her words make it clear she has not been there, and she is seen doing some hand wavy magicky thing as she says it. She can clearly just -feel- it.

With regards the Void Elves and the High and Blood Elves at Telogrus Rift. Those non Velves are there to Study the Void, not -become- Void Elves. The Void Elves can’t replicate their creation process because it was a complete accident and not what they were trying to do. There was only one entity who knew what happened in that ritual, and he is now destroyed, Nether-Prince Durzaan. The maximum number of Void Elves is what it is now. They can’t create more.

“Surely if two Void Elves have a kid, it would be a Void Elf?”

Oh my word no. For a start, given the Void is a thing of destruction and entropy, we have no idea as to whether Void Elves even -can- have children, given their physiology it seems really unlikely, but lets be charitable and say they biologically could?

I cannot think of a more wicked and depraved act. Consider it. Elves age at the same rate as humans till they hit adulthood then kind of just stay there for ages. So any child is going to be in its mothers womb for nine months. During Gestation a child is sustained by among other things, its mothers Blood. That stuff that is now purple and coursing with the Void, not Red like a normal Elves. A baby is going to be getting pumped with Void Energy from the point of conception. That’s Nine months of vile voices, promises and lies that you don’t understand because you aren’t even Sentient yet! What was born would be a hideous mess, utterly insane and corrupt, unable to resist the impulses forced upon it before it even -had- a personality.
Because that’s the other thing. Humanoids are generally Sentient and Sapient creatures. But we’re born as Neither. a Newborn baby can not recognise itself in a mirror. A Cat or a Dog can do that, but a newborn baby can not. You don’t actually-have- a personality as a baby. That sounds horrible, but I don’t mean it that way, I mean that baby’s are creatures of pure instinct, and -form- their personality over the coming years, I mean they don’t self identify for a couple of years, so how -can- they have a personality? To an extent that process never ends. 1 month old me had no personality, was not self aware as such, beyond the most basic emotions of Happy, Sad, Pain, affection. 10 Year old me had developed his personality and emotions, only to then have them overturned a few years later by Puberty. 20 year old me was a completely different person to 10 year old me, and now, in my mid 40’s, I am a different person to all of them.

Now imagine this. The only impetus that is shaping you is not yourself, it is not your parents, it is your constant companion since conception, the crazy lying hateful voice in your head that means you never got a chance to form your own personality, and never learned to resist.

So unless Void Elves genuinely are the most evil creatures alive, I can’t see them ever taking that risk and trying for Kids. I mean who would that to a baby?

This said, the presence of Void Elves, with their small numbers, means that equally, High Elves would be totally possible.

2 Likes

Males already have non tentacle options.

Hairstyles 1, 2, 4, 5, 9 and 11 are non-tentacled. That is half.

As for hair colours, I don’t think strong colours such as a strong black or a vivid white would work tonally with Void Elves. Wouldn’t be so much a case of watering them down as not working on an aesthetic level.

Whilst I agree with a lot of what you say, I direct you to my earlier post wherein I quote several pieces of evidence that show that Void Elves can indeed replicate the process to create new Void Elves. This ability means that the population issue which is the lore reason for no playable High Elves does not apply to Void Elves. Void Elves can always hypothetically recruit more Void Elves to keep their numbers relevant.

It was speculated that Blood Elves no longer use Fel after Sunwell was reignited (and thus the reason for Blood/High Elven split is no longer valid) but I just found evidence that they still DO. Horde-aligned Blood Elves have a lot of Fel crystals in their camp in Nazmir. Source: BfA World Quest “Cleansing Tide”.

3 Likes