Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

Now that is interesting, I haven’t done Nazmir Assault yet, so I did not know about this. It seems that Blood elves do not have problems with using such powers either it be Fel or Anima … this can lead to even large gap between High elves and Blood elves.

2 Likes

Sry, I meant long hair without tentacles, or if we are at it, full tentacle hair (looking sort of like dreadlocks) or hair + full tentacles. I just don’t like these half hair/tentacle, it is kinda strange and illogical, but that is my problem.

I think that there is no problem with black or white hair, ofc the white hair should be more “dimmed” not bright like those that for example LF Draenei have.

Wasn’t that just said to be a part of the visual aesthetic of the Blood Elves though? I mean Rommath states that there are no Fel Crystals anymore, the purpose -for- the Fel Crystals doesn’t apply in that Camp, and they have no actual Lore way of getting any more. I think we’re just looking at Visuals there, Canon Lore is that they no longer use Fel Crystals, because, well…there’s no point, they wouldn’t -do- anything. Its Visuals, same as all those buildings with permanently sealed doors in Stormwind, or the simple Geological Impossibility that is the Grand Forge in Ironforge (Pssst, Blizzard, that’s not how Lava works!)
They only a set amount of ‘Blood Elf looking’ accoutrements they can use, and because they refuse to update the zones, that list is small. Given what the Blood Elves used the Fel Crystals for, that would be madness. You don’t need a Fel Crystal to keep up a Tent. Some tent pegs and guy ropes will do.

Didn’t hear anything about that, did the devs speak about Blood Elves in Nazmir somewhere?

Well, Blood Elves are powering Anima Golems during that World Quest, there is a lot of anima spheres there. If the devs had simply wanted to put some Blood Elf-looking things there, they could have used red Blood Crystals similar to the ones on the San’layn ship instead of Fel Crystals. Or literally any other Blood Elven props, be it tents, spheres, lamps, crystals or buildings. But devs put Fel Crystals there, so that was definitely done deliberately.

As for a way of getting new Fel Crystals, their Warlocks could reproduce the process of capturing demonic essence and infusing it into a crystal. I don’t think it’s such a big deal that it’s impossible to repeat the process. Especially since every single warlock knows how to capture a soul into a crystal. It’s the same thing here but the soul is that of a demon.

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought about that aspect of it at all. This would render void elf wombs useless for anything else than fetus torture chambers. Unless, of course, there’s a way to truly quiet the voices and calm the void. I’ve been considering how Elune, with Her Night Warrior aspect and all, might actually be an entity that’s found a way to balance the void and the light within Herself. The darkened moonwell, Her blackened façade in Darkshore, how Xal’atath calls Her an “upstart goddess” all points to some connection between the Mother Moon and the Void, as well as the Light. Could She hold the secret to the void elves’ sanity and resistance of the void’s corruption? If so, that could potentially tie the void elves in with the night elves, as fellow worshippers of Elune. We also know that high elves have been drawn to moonwells. I’m curious about the potential for all three Alliance based elven races to somehow unite under Elune, embracing different aspects of Her.

1 Like

I also thought about Elune, probably the goddess of balance between Light and Void, helping Void Elves cope with their situation.

But I never thought Elune could reunite all three elf factions. I LOVE that idea. Can someone suggest this to the devs on Twitter? Please please please pleaseeeeee?

1 Like

(Glorious Elven Empire when?)

2 Likes

As players, we could actually do this, without the devs having to create the lore. All we’d need to make this happen is player initiative, and, oh yeah, high elves.

2 Likes

Elune as a unifying force for all Alliance Elves is an interesting concept and not at all unthinkable. If Night Elves allow Highborne and High Elves use Moonwells for sustenance, it all may work out. Night Elves lost most of their functioning Moonwells, perhaps they could use some help from the other Elves to make new ones.

Besides, if High Elves start worshiping Elune, that would make them even more different from Blood Elves, who could drift further into using blood anima and fel.

2 Likes

I don’t know, High elves worshiping Elune…?

I mean, it doesn’t sound bad, but there has to be a buildup to it that doesn’t seem to exist right now.

High elves may be majorly Rangers but they didn’t stopped being “City elves”, and the worshiping of Elune is a very specific thing, it’s Kal’dorei culture.

Maybe some kind of “returning to the roots”? What kind of interest do HE have about Kal’dorei culture at the moment? I don’t remember anything about that.

The lore should be built up slowly in that direction or retconned/forced for that to happen in my opinion. I repeat, i don’t see it as a bad idea, sounds cool to me, but i can’t see from where that could be clearly and easily dragged out with current lore.

1 Like

Well, High Elves could learn to overcome their magic addiction with the help of nature - Kaldorei are experts in this sense.

Can’t you just let this topic die already?

Problem is HE do not need to do that right now, they can draw it’s energies all over Azeroth, and they even have permitted access to Quel’danas (maybe the recent BfA history changed that? idk can’t find about it).

1 Like

Whoa dude handle it, stop being a crybaby.

3 Likes

how has this got 7K posts nearly? with all that is or is not wrong in the game currently, whether you’re not happy with racials, azerite, rng or whatever, THIS is what people are most worried about? :expressionless:

1 Like

It has reached 7k posts by now mostly, done by the very same group of people over and over again, circling around the same thing for months. There are so many things that needs to be fixed in this game and somehow this carbon copy of an already existing race(playable) is what worries some players this much?

1 Like

also, it has a VERY high view to post ratio(82%~). while right now, there is a thread with 500 posts at the very top (darkshore rewarding 400ilvl) but even this is about a 50% ratio view to post, i had to scroll back to a thread made on jan 22nd, last post feb 5th to find a thread with more than a a couple hundred posts.

most threads only get a couple dozen replies, even on critical concerns in the game right now.

Because is common knowledge that asking for a playable race completely paralyzes the World of Warcraft development and provoke other requests and threads to vanish in thin air.

You know what? BfA did bad with Azerite because High elf requests were being requested. And class balance? Left apart because High elves were being requested. The two-handed mace from Taloc fkng up people when Uldir released? Yup, the evil HE thread were on the way so the poor Blizzard development team did not took advance on that problem on time.

Everything is this thread’s fault guys, stop requesting for High elves RIGHT NOW.

6 Likes

This topic is being kept alive by the very same players again and again since it was opened. It get’s tiresome since other topics just die when the issue was fixed. But you diehard fans just can’t accept a simple “No” from the head developers.

2 Likes

The only thing you got right is that there is some participants that keep posting here since a long time ago.

What you are missing is that some of them took long breaks in where they did not participated in the thread while also there are participants who come here and leave much more frequently.

So yes, the same people is commenting on here, and also there is a rotational group of participants that appear and disappear frequently, such as newcomers, one-time posters (interested or not) people that do not want to stick with the thread too much (interested or not), pop up forum trolls (interested or not and also one-timers and/or some that keeps coming back).

Also, the fact that the nature of the request do not encourage everyone to stick with it for months except for a small passionate group of people has to be taken on account, again, interested participants or not.

TL:DR: Few people keep posting over time, much more pop on and off constantly and the true majority is not participating at all, both sides of the spectrum.

2 Likes