Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

Or a Mana Aura there’d increase your haste and a Mana tap instead of arcane tourment.

It’s been suggested several times already. I think eredar would be an awesome addition to the Horde.

We’d jump fiery hoops without hesitation.

But this is also true.

Anyway, if it’s about the Alliance getting a race that looks too much like a Horde race, there are a lot of Alliance models that could work for the Horde. Most of all, nearly all Alliance races could become Forsaken. Undead elves (both the night elves and the Thalassians), dwarfs and gnomes, anyone? Eredar that leaves the Legion to fight their old draenei nemeses together with the Horde? Night elf dark rangers (sort of covered by the Forsaken getting expanded)? Leper gnomes? Have them all!

4 Likes

NO!!! Absolutely not. That would be the extreme opposite of a perfect compromise. To be honest, any compromise for high elves would be awful. But to toss them into the void like that. No. We need priests and paladins. And we need proper high elves.

3 Likes

I agree then i can finelly use my new Transmorg as this one my main’s wearing’s not that great for My High elf.

I’d also hate such compromise. We don’t need additional customization for Void Elves that would make them look more like High Elves (I’m all for black hair or other new voidy options for Void Elves though). That would just ruin Void Elves even more (as if there was much to ruin to begin with…). We need real High Elves with class options that would suit them, with racial abilities that would fit them, with customization options they are supposed to have.

They would definitely require Exalted with a (new and probably Alliance-only) faction and perhaps a long questline (similar to Kul’Tirans), so most people that don’t really like them just won’t bother grinding the rep and completing the story to unlock them.

On the contrary! They are fulfilling the ‘arcane elf’ fantasy on the Alliance side, and they will probably continue to do so, even if only as an npc race, especially now that Night Elves are becoming more focused on the Night than on the Moon and Stars. But if the race is constantly having screen time, fits the lore and has a large fanbase, why not make it playable?

1 Like

High elves are a horde race. Nothing to discuss here.

1 Like

This thread is still going? Impressive, not long until 7k now.

Fixed that for you.

5 Likes

Void elves are there for your magic elves needs. So are the night elves since they gotten their mages back. also the whole “they are arcane elves” for the aliance. That is offering nothing new to the players. its still the same model as blood elves but with different eye colors. Even story wise they would bring nothing new to the Alliance, because they already have been in the alliance not doing anything important.

Seriously with the same logic, the whole night warrior customisation for night elves should have been an entire allied race on their own. Because they dont have the same glowy eyes. If you want high elves the best thing you can hope for is eye color options for blood elves like the night elves have gotten. Otherwise void elves are there for you as playable high elves

3 Likes

All High Elves get turned into Void Elves. Problem solved.

No all blood elves defect to The Alliance problem solved.

Keep dreaming human paladin. You ain’t stealing our stuff. Your have your new elves already. Get over it.

2 Likes

I’m not stealing adding blood elves to the horde was a mistake. The elves belongs within a none horde faction the horde should be of brutes only.

No, no they shouldn’t. You are just salty and can’t move on yet. 11 years and running, we won’t go anywhere else. Nice try :wink:

1 Like

Oh you’re a blizzard employ if not you cannot say the future nice try.

Did you not know? I am the magnificent and grand Ion Hazzikostas himself. If you want to play as blond and fair haired, majestic elf, the Horde is right there waiting for you.

1 Like

No i wana play as a High elf blood elves arn’t the real High elves to me and to many others.

Blood Elfs are High Elves. And Blizzard confirmed there are no plans in the near future to make them playable just for the different eye colour. Accept your defeat and get over it.

2 Likes

OMG you are so easy to bait! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I saw someone talking about High Elves worshipping Elune. Okay, that’s cool, but wouldn’t that take away from the High Elf flavour? Aren’t High Elves more arcane based?

Void elves can certainly have arcane mages, but their flavour will always be void fantasy far more than arcane fantasy.

Shen’dralar and night elves can certainly have arcane mages, but their flavour is still a lot more druidic and Eluney than actual arcane, even though the highborne night elves do bring more arcane spices into the mix.

By that logic, neither does adding any race as an allied race, that’s been in the game for a while. Their models are certainly very blood elven, but their lore, allegiances, factions and ideologies bring something to the mix of playable races that hasn’t been there before.

There’s absolutely NO logical way that could happen.

Blood elves are genetically identical to high elves. Blood elves don’t call themselves high elves any more, though.

There’s no defeat until we get an official “It’s never going to happen” from Blizzard. At this point, what we’ve got is “Anything is possible”.

It would certainly change the flavour a little, but mostly in a way that would let the players choose. It wouldn’t nullify any previous high elf lore, and players could always choose to worship Elune or not. It’s something that would have to be implemented carefully and over time, perhaps similar to how the blood elven flavour is just now changing from fel influences to Light influences, yet not altering their appearances in that way.

3 Likes