Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

I don’t like the idea. It would just turn them into something simular to Night Elves.

1 Like

These alliance hippies wanting to play blood elves on alliance seems void elves were not enough what someone can say alliance is just bunch of crybabies and farmers real shame having so weak faction as enemy FOR THE HORDE and Banshee Queen .

1 Like

Thank you for bumping this thread! :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Void Elves are ‘dark and brooding’ elves, they have nothing in common with the ‘noble and magical’ theme that High Elves would bring to the Alliance.

Well, Highborne would work well for me as well but they are much less popular than High Elves. However, Blizz completely neglects them ever since their inclusion in Cataclysm, while giving Alliance High Elves screen time.

It’s not about the model. It’s about the race as whole, its lore and background. Personally, I don’t even care which model they get as long as they look how High Elves from Warcraft should look.

2 Likes

If by The High elves from Dalaran then i agree we needs to have them being playable. And either this expansion or the next one we should be getting it due to how many are quitting bfa don’t belive me check it out on youtube.

Hey guys. Here to give my full support for High elves.

Also, regarding the whole high elf connection to the Sunwell, i think it would be a neat idea of them actively seeking a way to remove themselves from it and succeeding as part of their recruitment scenario.

5 Likes

Thank you for your support Glintscale!, that’s quite an interesting idea, not sure how it would work or play out though, in that regards, do you have any ideas of how that scenario would play out? :smiley:

1 Like

Well i am assuming that although High Elves are passively sustained by the Sunwell just like Blood Elves, they cant access it to further empower themselves from it like Liadrin and her Blood Knights can(still assuming based on golden eyes).

We also know that the High Elves have had to moderate the use of magic in their daily lives to regulate the pangs of addiction before the destruction of the sunwell.

It wouldn’t be so farfetched to think that some if not most of them would wish to remove the dependency altogether. It would also be a pretty big step to them becoming different from Blood Elves in ways other than political without actually changing much.

As for how it could be done, well there is the arcan’dor route, but not actually the arcan’dor, meaning they simply find some dohicky that cuts them off without the side-effects of being cut-off.

A good plot development for this would be them offering the dohicky to the Blood-Elves as well, but they reject it thus sollidifying the enmity between them

Another way is replacing the sunwell with another source, where they would find it i dont know, but in my opinion that would make them just blood-elves v2 so not that great in my opinion.

3 Likes

If i were to play devil’s advocate, there is also the option of the Blood-Elves themselves figuring out a way to cut them off thus forcing the High Elves to search for another way to sustain themselves.

That would easily also be a great excuse for a silvermoon warfront.

However that would be kind off out of character for the Blood Elves.

Still an interesting way to go

3 Likes

Wow this post just won’t die. o.o Like 1 year old soon, alrighty anyways.

I’m sure someone has already said this but just in case.
High Elves are like extinct, practically nonexistent. Yes that could be argued “that’s we why need more of them! An Allied race of them!” But…today in WoW High Elves are kind of Blood Elves, sort of.

" The high elves were once a significant force on the continent, but in recent times their numbers have been dramatically reduced: 90% of their race was slaughtered in the Third War. Following this, another 90% of the survivors changed their name to blood elves in remembrance of their fallen brethren and no longer consider themselves high elven.

In regards to their population, logically the number of remaining High Elves, are just to few to bounce back. Then again this is a world of magic and a video game…so who knows.

"The number of High elves remaining is not precisely known, however it is stated that the surviving high elves comprise a mere 1%of the original high elven population, with the blood elves accounting for the remaining 9% of it. Since Kael’thas took 15% of the blood elves to Outland (i.e. 1.35% of the original high elf population), and since Kael’thas’ army numbered at least 2,000 (“thousands of them”) according to the ‘Excerpts from the Journal of Archmage Vargoth’, it follows that the total high elf population is currently at least 1,481 (and at least ~148,000 prior to the Third War).

(Source - Fandom High Elf)

Sooo around 1500 alive and kicking. But who knows if this includes any deaths in Legion or BfA. Unless I’m misunderstanding, the only difference between High Elves and Blood Elves is the that ordeal with the Sunwell. The High Elves that did not go with Kael’thas “remained pure” for a lack of better words.

Now despite all these facts, don’t get me wrong. A High Elf race would be cool, yes. Not to be a party pooper, I just don’t see how it could happen.

Well regarding population this is argument has been debunked many times, Population for allied races is not an issue, Void Elves and Mag’har make sure of that, There are fewer Void Elves then High Elves from what we know, and the developers haven’t confirmed if this process can ever be replicated while they’ve avoided if they were also described as an “elite crack squad of elves”, which generally doesn’t mean you’ll be seeing thousands of them they’ve avoided it. Mag’har are those Mag’har who escaped from Draenor, and if you watch the cut scene there is only like 40 of them, sure this doesn’t represent lore wise, however it’s never stated that their is loads of mag’har who escaped AU draenor in the lore. that’s fair enough if you don’t see them happening, however, there is always hope, just got keep the passionate, loving discussions from the forums to discord to social media! I personally see High Elves happening whether development changes and they add them to BFA 8.2.5 or 8.3.5, depending on how far BFA goes patch wise/story-wise, or adding them in a future expansion they’ll perhaps eventually happen, it’s a matter of when. Honestly, none of us will know whether they will or not, we’ve just gotta carry on discussing and showing the love for them. It’s up to the lovely devs at blizzard whether we’ll get them or not. we can only hope :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Population, as Leolamin wrote, does not matter that much since there are playable races with lower one than that of HE’s.

4 Likes

I would say that this is more likely scenario and also the one, which could spark the hatred between High elves and Blood elves even more.

Because I don’t think that High elves would severe their connection to the Sunwell by themselves. Its powers are available to all Thalassian elves and “it does not choose sides”. Even when both sroups started to kill each other on some occasions, they still had the same connection to the Sunwell.

I think i agree with you. The only thing that messes me up is the fact that i don’t see Lor’Themar and Halduron being okay with it. Liadrin or Rommath sure but not them.

Lor’Themar is quite reasonable, but I am not sure if I can say that about the rest of the BE main figures, as you mentioned Liadrin or Rommath might be OK with this plan if there are certain, more drastic, conditions.

That is very true. Well we do live in a magical world…or our characters do.

I was thinking logically, realistically. We would need well at least a couple of thousand to be able to make a viable population growth. Not 40. xD Lols.

The other issue would be as already addressed, the split between High Elf and Blood Elf. They are kind of one and the same…sort of. Not entirely I suppose.

Would they be able to go separate ways? Can they?

Maybe more important question: Can they ever become one nation again?

In this case, I am quite sure there is nearly no way.

As for how to implement them in the game in a way, that they won’t be a clone of BE, many posters come with a lot of ideas, so there is always a chance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, the only things i can think of that would piss of Lor’themar enough is

1. Another purge in Dalaran(which i think is highly unlikely),
  2. An attack to Silvermoon or the sunwell itself by high elves, not just Alliance in general(most likely with help from void elves and their portals)

The second is more likely to happen but still … farfetched. Awesome but unlikely

1 Like

I can’t see neither situations happening.

Maybe if there was a set up (some characters would not mind it, just to achieve thier goals…), it could work.

Which is why i was disapointed when i found the silvermoon warfront wasn’t a real thing.

It would have been a great place for both blood elves and high elves to shine.

(Important: This is always assuming Silvermoon was not lost by the Blood elves in the end but actually updated of course)

1 Like