Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

I think that the addition of Allied races being implemented as a system- tied with the story about both factions reaching out and gathering allies, especially the alliance, that could mean reforging old alliances.

There’s also the whole deal with Void Elves being pulled out of thin air giving fuel to the fire.

OT: I would really like Helves being added because it could be used to cause racial conflict within the alliance, especially between the elves-
I also think that with WC2 coming out on GoG- the high elves might gain new fans - especially amongst the older players who never experienced these games to begin with.

5 Likes

Vaellir no worries about the spoiler. :slight_smile:

it could be used to cause racial conflict within the alliance, especially between the elves-

That’s a good one! In recent times we have not seen any conflict between the Elves. Only human vs orc. Which is like 90% of the attention. Or Warchief vs Warchief, in other words “remove Garrosh!” “Sylvans is evil!” “Thrall as Warchief!” Pretty much the talk lately.

The elves are just watching in the corner shaking their heads.

And yeah this post won’t die because new races just fly into the game like every 6 months or so. In my opinion it feels like we are getting to many nowadays. We got 21 now…wow. With probably more to come. I like being having options, of course I do. But at some point there is just to many.

2 Likes

I have a question.

Who do you think would be a better leader for all unified High Elves (meaning Dalaran, Highvale, Stormwind, etc), Vereesa, Auric Sunchaser, or some council of sorts.

Personally i’m leaning towards Auric. He is like the perfect blend of established and blank character both for old and new storylines.

I agree, I’d go with Auric Sunchaser as well. He seems capable and his story ans personality can be easily developed.

Council is also a way :slight_smile:

See I would originally have said Renthar Hawkspear, I mean he was already very important, being a Ranger Lord (And therefore Vereesa’s Boss before the Exile!), and led the Quel’lithien Lodge in EPL.

But his status is a bit up in the air at the moment, He is a killable rare (To both Factions) and most of his people are Wretched, he himself however, is not. I can’t find any source saying he is canonically alive or dead. He would have been a good choice, because then it bounces of Lor’themar Theron, as they were -both- Ranger Lords at the same time, and were even friends, and both had the same boss, that being of course, Sylvanas. It could have been an interesting conflict, and could have made something tragic of it all, hammering home the fact that this was a civil war. In fact that quote from Avengers: Civil War sums it up perfectly, Just Swap Cap America and Tony Stark for LTT and Renthar.
“I’m not going to let you do this Lor’themar, he is my friend”
Lor’themar looks briefly hurt
“So was I?”

Vereesa is tricky, she is -very- young by Elven standards, She was a very young Farstrider Ranger during the 2nd War. She can call herself Ranger-General as much as she likes, she never earned any Rank above Farstrider. She has the political clout, but does she have the wisdom? She is shown to be impetuous and cruel, and those are not good traits in a leader.
Auric is too much of an unknown quantity, we just don’t know enough about him, we know he is important to the High Elves, but apart from what, what really do we know? Is he a defined enough character to base an Allied Race off?

I’d personally prefer Renthar Hawkspear, but as I say, as with the other two survivors of Quel’lithien, his status is a bit up in the air at the moment.

2 Likes

Unfortunately statuses of many characters are not really clear. It is the same situation as with Island expedition teams, when I cannnot see Gazlowe dying there etc. I’ve thought that Renthar was dead, but that might not be true at all.

As for Auric, we know that he is important, which by itself can be enough to make him key figure, so if he became the leader of High elves or a head/member of the council, we could get some background story why is that, what made him important :slight_smile:

1 Like

The only way, rangers will disagree with magisters for example. Well now that I’m thinking about both are about using no magic or magic responsible (to avoid addiction). Yeah I see both options work aswell the council as a single leader. Leader who has the final say with a council advising him?

Auric would seem to be the better choice. But perhaps some sort of coalition would be necessary. Not one leader but a council. Or

That could work to. Auric could be the one with the final word. But he still has to have a majority support from a council.

2 Likes

Well i don’t know much about this Auric but how come he dosen’t wear a shirt i mean isn’t it cold on the docks?

Whilst I’m also in the Hawkspear camp, I’m not sure he’s generally well known enough to be the leader.

What he would definitely bring is some added tension between the QD and both the current Horde and Silvermoon - He harbours a massive grudge against Nathanos and the forsaken for attacking Quel’lithien, and against Lor’Themar for his people’s banishment. If I remember rightly, after Lor’themar reaches out to Quel’lithien, Hawkspear basically tells him that he’ll kill Belves on sight.

Personally, I’d be all for the QD forming their own Convocation of Silvermoon. It’d be kinda apt, since the Convocation was scrapped by Kael’thas, who ultimately caused the QD/SD split in the first place.

It could also, in the eyes of the QD, lend them legitimacy as a Government-In-Exile, rather than a breakaway faction, creating an Alliance claim on Silvermoon and escalating the war (Needless to say, Blood Elves would reject that claim).

2 Likes

See i would have chosen him myself as well but i was under the impression he was full on dead. If he happens to be alive then yeah he wouldbe perfect.

I completely agree with this.

this is also a very good option

As a Geordie I can say “He’s Northern mate, he doesn’t need a shirt”
(ahh, nothing like regional humour)

That’s why I think he would work, that massive grudge against Nathanos (Assuming Nathanos survives this expansion which a) I think is unlikely, and b) I really hope he dies in a fire) would be an excellent way of hammering home the reasons the Quel’s and Sin’s hate each other. I mean LTT did kind of go “You’re not exiled anymore, you can come home” So the ball is kind of in the Quel’dorei court right now. I just thought it would be an interesting political dynamic.

I don’t think the Quel’dorei are numerous enough to warrant that. I could kind of see a Triumvirate, in an echo of Silvermoon currently, but they’re not big enough for a council of nobles. I mean they only have one Noble-ish, in Vereesa. And even then it is never really clear whether the Windrunners were actually noble, or just that they held the hereditary title of Ranger-General. I don’t think they were, there wasn’t a Windrunner n the original Convocation.

A Government in Exile is a cool concept, but for it to work, it needs legitimacy. Unfortunately, there is no one with more legitimacy to rule Silvermoon than the legally appointed Regent. Like or no, Lor’themar is the lawful and rightful ruler of Quel’thalas. Alleria, Vereesa, Sylvanas, Auric, none of them have any claim at all. Lor’themar does. He could, lawfully at this point, declare himself King, but he doesn’t want that.

I think he is one of the three Survivors when the rest of Quel’lithien turned Wretched, I can’t remember the third one, but Priestess Aurora is another survivor (Who also gets a cameo in ‘Shadow of the Sun’) So I -think- Canonically he is still alive.

Having just looked him up on Wowpedia (Who are generally very reliable as they link sources to Blizzard canon articles) It seems that Renthar, whilst a killable Rare Mob, is actually still Alive. They tend to mark them as ‘Deceased’ if they are Canonically dead, or ‘Killable’ if you can kill the mob but not the NPC character. He is listed as ‘Killable’, so basically the same as any racial leader.

But i’d prefere Veressa windrunner to lead The High elves.

2 Likes

As much as it seems strange, yes, they aren’t, but that is why we want her.
We want a character who has flaws, who isn’t a perfect person all around.
Give the Alliance something questionable, not a goody two shoes like Velen or Anduin, give us more of a Genn or a pre-ICC Varian.

1 Like

True, and I do love flawed characters (Genn is my joint favourite NPC in the whole game), but I think in order for that to happen, Vereesa would need a bit more ‘oomph’ to her, a bit more presence. We only ever really see her as Jaina’s lackey, or head of her brute squad, until Suramar, when she does stand on her own two feet, only to be lectured and insulted by Elisande. Even in the ‘Three Sisters’ animation, she is very much portrayed as the young, naïve one.
Vereesa could really work, I mean she already has the Silver Covenant as a body politic to work with, but I think the character would just need more substance than she currently has.

I mean I don’t know if you have read ‘War Crimes’ but she is seriously considering going to live with Sylvanas in Undercity. She is actually -seriously- considering it, until the last moment.

She just needs a more defined character, perhaps her experiences have shaved off her youthful naivete and she becomes more hardened, more independent, not reliant on being either Jaina, or her sisters’ shadows, I mean the catalysts are there; She is a mother, and a widow, she has partaken in mass murder, and has lost friends to mass murder, she has seen war’s ugly face, and she is a stranger in a strange land, cut off from home.
There are plenty of ways they could change her personality to make her, still flawed, but more of a leader figure, than the follower she currently seems to be getting portrayed as.

Yeah my kid uses the same strategy. Ask and ask and ask until you get what you want. Check out the posters in this thread, like over half the posts are from like 6 people. Not massive interest imo, but a massive whine from 6.

Oh and the thread is filled with NONSENSE bumps like this to really make my point shine.

Huh what do you mean orc?

The blood elves’ ties to the Forsaken ought to be enough for the high elves not to accept any invitation back.

Please make it so! I will gather all my characters and dance around his burning corpse.

“We exiled you over what was basically equal to a dietary choice. We allied with old enemies. We remain allied with the ones who sought you out and tried to kill you, and who managed with your friends. Our faction has been active in killing a lot of you. But we fixed the dietary bit (well, actually, it was your allies, who we’re now killing, who fixed it for us), and we want you to come home now. We good, right?”

I think a council consisting of the “major” subfactions of quel’dorei would make more sense.

5 Likes

Well i guess that would be vereesa for dalaran, auric for the outland high elves.
Who could represent the quel’danil?

1 Like