Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

Also people forget we have 4 active groups of high elves:

-Outland expidition
-Dalaran
-Hinterlands
-All the high elves living in Alliance towns (SW or the lodge in Loch Modan for example).

Neutral high elves are very rare.

Sylvanas did send a death squad to the lodge in EPL, because they dared to survive the Scourge! Yes I would ally with those kind of people aswell. Although Lor’themar means it good they can never accept the invitation till they divorce from the Forsaken. And the Blood Elves would be in the Alliance if Garrosh didn’t decide to trigger Jaina during MoP. I wonder what Velen is thinking: “So I sacrifice Draenei lives who lived through mutple genocides (BL on all the planets and orcs) and sacrifice a Muru and they repay us by wanting to kill us?”

But the truth of the whole idea of blood elves still with the Horde doesn’t make sense anyhow, they are more or less bribed by Sylvanas and don’t try to get involved at all. That would be interesting, did Aethas tell the truth already. Did Lor’themar notice how uncomfortable he was at the question asked at Isle of Thunder by Jaina.

Aethas Sunreaver shifts uncomfortably

Aethas and co know the humans always looked out for them, despite leaving the Alliance and being under attack by Scourge and earlier on the demonic Horde they still send units of their army while being short staffed. If all blood elves treat humans like garbage because of Garithos it says alot of them. Then all blood elves are BL servants because of Prince kael’thas.

The only 2 races and 1 leader that really have to fear the Alliance are:

-All Forsaken loyal to Sylvanas
-Same with the orcs who keep fighting and starting wars instead of trying to set up trade (So Eitrig, the Frostwolves, Saurfang and the ones who follow them are safe)
-Gallywix if he keeps on killing the planet (mining azerite).

The Frostwolves are with the Horde yet they defy Sylvanas by doing nothing and just chilling in Alterac! I love Drek’thar:

" So you have come seeking our aid?

Drek’Thar coughs.

I… cough I have been alive for a very long time. In that time I have seen and done terrible things.

Things that still keep me awake at nights.

But these terrible things that I have done and the people that I have harmed - I know them… I face them… and I feel remorse for them.

But the Forsaken. cough What do they feel?

They ravage the land and destroy everything that they touch. How many lives have been lost to their vile poisons?

How many innocents have fallen before the Forsaken war machine?

Countless… countless lives… cough

Yes… I have done terrible things, but nothing could ever be as terrible as lending aid to the Forsaken.

You go back to that spineless orc who would not come see me and you tell him that the Frostwolf clan will not aid the Forsaken. Not now, not ever!

BEGONE!"

3 Likes

The latest episode of “Warcraft: Reign of Chaos” animated series shows how High Elves came to help the Alliance at the beginning of Warcraft 3. Check it out!

That is the Alliance that was before WoW. That is the Alliance we love. And that is the Alliance that we want back!

6 Likes

Lol the alliance as you know it didn’t exist back then… Lorderan did. They got chewed up by the scourge, along with the elves.

His videos are great, I recommend it :slight_smile:

But that Alliance is gone, we can’t go back to those times. Blood elves joined the Horde, so all of Quel’Thalas is a Horde territory, we can argue about how it was executed (that NE infiltration was so random), but nothing is gonna change that.

High elves and Half elves are still part of the Alliance though, there is maybe a minimal chance that they will make them playable.

Lets be honest, that’s not why she sent them, I mean she didn’t even -send- them, that was Nathanos acting on his own, for his own reasons and his own goals.

Yeah, logically yes, but practically we know that would never happen.

I don’t think Velen is quite as goodie goodie two shoes as people imagine…He’s perfectly happy to turn on the Player and stop them from killing an Eredar. His Son, yes, but an Eredar who has just killed the Naaru at the heart of the Exodar. I mean that is objectively worse than what the Blood Elves did, yet it doesn’t seem to count when its ‘Mah boi!’

Gonna need a source on that. It actually makes perfect sense.

You know the Blood Elves bribe the Horde, right? Not the other way around? That letter Lor’themar sends to Thrall goes “Oh, by the way, this is how useful we can be, your people still live on Draenor, there are still Mag’har left alive, now, can we join your club?”

Left in by mistake, apparently. There was supposed to be quest text that showed what happened with the Divine Bell. Aethas did not plan it or even know about it in advance, he only found out after it had happened and Garrosh’s heavies had leaned on him to stay quiet.

Given he lived in Dalaran I doubt Aethas knew any such thing. The Humans had rather publically -not- looked out for them and were imprisoning his Monarch.

And yet it is OK that all of Garithos’ human soldiers went along with Garithos being racist? None of them went “No, this is wrong?”
I don’t think it is unrealistic given those circumstances for the Elves to believe the Humans as a whole had turned against them. Would have taken one voice of opposition, one, but there was none.

Couple that with the Alliance attacks upon Quel’thalas, which at the time was a Neutral state, and its pretty obvious why they made the choices they did…

1 Like

The Alliance is the Alliance and the Horde is the Horde. You may think that both changed much but they really didn’t. The first three wars happened within a mortal lifetime and both factions are still filled with veterans of all those wars.

Well, High & Void Elven leaders started talking about bringing Silvermoon back to the Alliance as soon as they started to receive spotlight. Who knows what happens, especially if the Silvermoon Warfront comes true.

2 Likes

I am wondering, do players really want Silvermoon Warfront to happen? I’d rather see Ghostlands one (if we have to stay in Quel’Thalas), but Barrens are much better choice for multiple reasons.

Only thing, I’d love, would be visual upgrade of the zone, but given the circumstances that the zone would be completely destroyed and rebuilded over and over again, it seems like a not so great trade.

And if Quel’Thalas were conquered, who would live there? VE/HE are not so numerous (maybe with Half elves from whole Azeroth) + would they really participate in this event? Futhermore Blood elves would do anything , even letting Forsaken use Blight on all Quel’Thalas and moving to Quel’Danas Isle to live there then, to prevent losing their lands and most importantly their Sunwell.

btw I’ve always had a feeling that they meant uniting Thalassian groups under one banner, rather than actually trying to take Quel’Thalas.

1 Like

I don’t understand all those “Blood elves are deciding to kill the draenei despites what happened at the Sunwell”; they are not specifically targetting the draeneis, they just happens to be on opposite side in a mondial war. What do you want them to do? Say to their allies “Ah no, we cannot help you in this battle, there’s draenei in the Alliance camp” ? Or break ties entirely with the Horde over that, despite the forsaken and the Scourge in their backyard? “Okay we’re going to die because we can’t currently stand on our own against the Scourge remnants and all(that’s why we were in the Horde), and the Horde will probably turns against us in outrage, but eh! At least we’re not killing draenei!” Some of those expectations are simply ridiculous.
In the wise words of a Stormwind philosopher: “It’s nothing personal kid.”

(And to add to this, they paid their debt to the draenei in WoD, by helping with Auchindoun and Shattrath. Saving a cultural center (Sunwell) for saving a cultural center (Auchindoun)? They good now.)

I am of a shared mind on that. On one hand, YES! I want the updated zone, the flying, finally modern assets for the Blood elves that didn’t got anything since BC (and Darkshore have shown some awesome new things for the Night elves, look at that inn! I love it so much.) On the other hand, it’s a zone very used by roleplayers, and that will break a playground of the community. And warfronts takes a long time to be solved. I don’t fancy playing a siege for months at end on my main character, because there’s no way she will ever leave Quel’thalas while it’s under assault, but it’s going to be quite boring after a bit.
Are new assets, armor sets and mounts worth it? You tell me, I don’t know.

Damn right.

[Edit] Oops, wrong character. Ah well, say hi to my new girl.

1 Like

Well Blizz has not announced which warfront is next. But yeah we can always guess. A Silvermoon warfront would be pretty cool, and considering its past it’s no stranger to war. It is a big important military target from an Alliance perspective, if they want to rid the Eastern Kingdoms of any Horde presence.

So say Silvermoon goes bye bye, Alliance takes it or destroys it. Vengeful elves, including High Elves most likely. Would that be enough for them to want to destroy the Alliance with Sylvanas at any cost? Or would they consider an alternative? Like just “nope, we are sick of this, bye.” and just leave for some remote place.

Then again the Blood Elves + High Elves have been through a lot, I can’t see them just turning their back on everything to save themselves. I can’t picture Lor’themar doing that either.

It isn’t going to happen. They will never update Silvermoon or the Exodar, they will remain trapped in TBC with no meaningful updates. Besides, you’re getting it wrong, it wouldn’t be Blight, it would be Tactical Mana Bombs like they used on Isle of Thunder. Currently both the High Elves and the Void Elves look pretty crazy, one lot are homicidal, the other lot corrupt the Sunwell by their presence, (According to the perception of the ruling NPC’s) So I can’t see either being allowed back into Quel’thalas, and frankly, nor should they be. Silvermoon, and Quel’thalas, belongs to the Blood Elves, The High Elves are Exiles. That’s the point, I mean that is the whole point. If you are Exiled, you do not live in your original country, you can not reclaim your original country, because the rightful government holds it. To try and say they should have Quel’thalas is to overturn exactly what the Quel’dorei are, It is asking for High Elves but not High Elves…

2 Likes

Assuming that the two sets of traitors would turn on their people and attack their own home in the name of the Alliance is a bit of a stretch.

1 Like

Exactly I don’t understand why people believe that they would just slaughter themselves and attack their homelands. Anyway if VE+HE vs BE conflict happened, then the whole Thalassian race might be gone forever.

Yeah, that is true, I just wanted to highlight, that they would rather destroy their lands. It is similar situation, when they destroyed their Sunwell, because it was corrupted and when Anveena Teague became Sunwell again, it was unfortunately corrupted that time as well. Their solution, if Velen did not purify it with the M’uru’s heart, was to destroy it again, now with no chance of ever reigniting it.

This is a shame, both zones and their corresponding capitals are quite popular, ofc it is not really meaningful or effective to go there from gameplay perspective but it is still great for RPing or to just hang there.

Are they that bloodthirsty? I have not noticed it tbh.

Yeah some people want Blood elves with their story, lands and everything else on the Alliance side.

I can’t speak for everyone but it is clear that most players that want High elves (optionally Half elves) acknowledge that Quel’Thalas is Blood elven, Horde territory and that Blood elves are its members, we do not want BE on the Alliance side, we want those remaining High elves.

1 Like

Isn’t that the exact thing that they did before? They left the AoL because it wasn’t convenient to them anymore.
It honestly sounds like a very elf thing to do.

1 Like

Oh my… Purge of Dalaran quests on Alliance side, you have Silver Covenant High Elves in armour with weapons hacking away at unarmed and cowering Sunreaver civilians. You had a Silver Covenant Mage Force choking a Sunreaver civilian, whilst dangling them over Segacedi, the Shark in the sewers. Yeah that’s right, they are dangling them over a Shark. The only thing they could have done to be more cartoon evil is tie them to the tracks on the Deeprun Tram. They’re the one’s who tortured Zul’jin for hours, and put out his eye…They’re…pretty ruthless, yeah… I mean I’m not saying the Blood Elves are ‘Nice’ but that’s all things that High Elves did…

It seems that Elves in Warcraft are -Cruel- to those that cross them, and you know what?

I love it.

2 Likes

I think there should had been a choice with that quest like if you’re like me you would had sought out the ones who sided with garrosh and spare the innocents and i never did that quest.

Yeah, that would have been neat, something like how SWTOR did it, where it was more choice based, You only really see the full story if you play it through on both sides, and there are subtle differences, on Horde Side, you see the murder of civilians, you see Jaina killing people, you see the Silver Covenant dude dangling a person over the Shark, you see the Alliance turn up and go “This is fine” You see the fact that the Silver Covenant hacked apart the Dragonhawks at the flight path (That really annoyed my character). Play it on Alliance side, you see Jaina murder some dudes, you see her storm around, Vereesa tells you to go kill three civilians, I think one is a scribe, the other is a guy just taking his own money out of the bank and trying to flee the violence, can’t remember the third, She encourages you to kill civilians, and then you get the quest where you can either drug, or hack apart, the Dragonhawks. All the while Jaina is just bumbling around killing some people, imprisoning others, and even citizens of Dalaran who are of Alliance races are terrified and cowering in their shops at the violence on the streets. Its pretty grim, I remember on my Human Warrior clicking on a Gnome who was terrified and their text was “Will they stop with the Elves? Or are we next?” So clearly it was a grim time for everyone.

I like having more options, I like that when I did the recent quest I was able to go “F You Sylvanas, I’m on Team Saurfang” Which to be honest is what this character would do, in fact -has- done, which got him in some real trouble, given that I play on an RP Realm. The Horde split is -really- manifesting on that server…

But yes, I do think that choices in quests like that, would only add to the game, yes, it is more work, but if they thought about it, it makes twice the game, as people want to see both options, I mean that’s why I play Horde -and- Alliance, I want to see the whole story, from both sides…

1 Like

I have to see the scenario from both sides, because I’ve experienced it on a private server, only from the Alliance side, so maybe that is the reason.

Anyway I wasn’t really surprised that the purge happened given the current circumstances, I just do not remember it that much drastic, the main idea was to banish Sunreavers from Dalaran, most of them should have been imprisoned in the Violet Hold, I know there was shady stuff though.

As for the Covenant mage who was torturing the civilian. He was there alone, no one else knew of this, or not?

1 Like

It is so worth doing from Horde side, there are some brilliant moments, as well as some really good story, that makes later things make more sense. You get your own Buddy Cop movie with of all people Rommath, you see Lor’themar get so angry he flips a bench (I mean those are…big Benches), you have a Butch and Sundance moment as the player and Rommath.
Its why I always make sure to max out Brigante here for the Horde Story, then one of my Alliance ones (My Draenei this time) for the Alliance story, you get such a lot more story out of it, its like if you mentioned Brennadam to Horde only players they’d be ‘What? Whats that?’ It just doesn’t play a part in the Horde story at all. Apparently this is because it was supposed to be Quillboar attacking in the original quests but they changed it to Horde.
But yeah you do the Horde side quests for the Purge, you see all the grim stuff, but you also get a much better insight as to why LTT just doesn’t want to listen to Alleria, but why he throws in with Baine and Vol’jin and ultimately is willing to work with Jaina, despite benchflipping when he first hears about what she has done! :smiley:
Its actually worth it for his angry rant alone…

Yeah, play both sides, you see the grim, remember Jaina was walking around just watching as the Silver Covenant start killing unarmed Sunreaver citizens, she even kills a few herself, and that’s on -Alliance- side… Horde side is really bleak, but I think that was the intention.

Yeah, he’s on his own, basically he is levitating a Sunreaver civilian by their neck, so force choking them, over the mob in the Dalaran sewers, the Shark Segacedi?

He’s not even asking questions, just torturing them for fun, sadly for them when the player turns up, they drop the spell and the Sunreaver Civilian ends up providing Segacedi with his daily noms….

So yeah, no one else apart from the player sees it, but given the blatant murder on the streets I doubt it is an isolated incident…

But why attack the poor Dragonhawks! They did nothing wrong! Vereesa even says she doesn’t care whether you drug them or butcher them! Some Farstrider she is! :smiley:

But yeah, I would seriously do the quests on both sides, you get a really good insight as to why some of the leaders made the decisions they did at the time. Same as the Belf Heritage Armour Quest, You read about it, you play WC3, you know what happened, but playing it through, and the Dragonhawk ride ….Oh Gawds, pan down, look at the ground as you fly. They really were not messing around with punching you in the feels on that quest chain…Brutal…

1 Like

I was thinking about levelling my BE mage for the racial armour + for the Horde side of story, but who knows if I can go through the Horde content X)

Anyway thanks for the answers.

Its worth it. I mean you can’t see it on my armoury as I removed the Pauldrons and Gauntlets when I logged in, but it gels so well with the Hunter PvP armour set from Legion, and would with the Mage robe sets as well… In fact those Pauldrons would look amazing…

Its seriously why I leapfrog characters and make sure I hit max level on both sides as soon as I can, But yeah, the racial armour is very nice, I like that it has a robes and a trousers option, that’s a good touch.

But yeah, no problem, always up for talking Elfy Stuff…

1 Like