Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

Never liked elves, but for sake of faction balance, this would be very good.
Waaay too many blood elves in-game, so many people want to play “pretty” elves, add em to Alliance side with blue eyes and boom faction balance. And the forum outrage, oh the drama to read.

3 Likes

Half-elves firstly appered many years ago, even Alodi, the first Guardian, was Half-elf. Maybe even the bulk of Silver Covenant might be Half-elves, hence why Elisande mentions the mingling with lesser races and diluding of the bloodline.

There is currently not much information about them, so no retcon or changes would be required for them to be added as AR. Just expanding their lore and giving them story. Why I think that thay might be numerous? They have longer lifespans (2-3 centuries) + what about those who are 3/4 High elves (can these live up to 1000 years?) etc. They would still be counted as Half-elves.

Even in Warcraft III, they wanted to add Half-elven hero (ranger) for humans.

Yeah, I really think that, it is a possible way, how to give both factions something that they want for so long, which is iconic and frankly those races are in the game and part of the factions, just not playable.

I’d prefer ogre/Mok’Nathal race, it is more iconic to the Horde ,but since I am Alliance player, let the Horde mains decide :slight_smile:

Just to show this one is still going strong for those who want High Elves in the Alliance.

6 Likes

Yes, half elves have a long history. They’re still rare, though.

Not likely at all. This interview with Dave Kosac clearly states that they’re rare. Also, in chapter 10 of Before the Storm, the rarity is mentioned. The only actually known half elves in the world are Alodi (who’s dead), Arator and his cousins Galadin and Giramar. The fact that such prominent members of the high elven community have sired halfbreeds is most likely what Elisande refers to.

That being said, I’d still love it if the high elves got the option to have shorter ears, bulkier bodies, and/or other options that mark the ones who choose those options as half elves.

Let’s still just call them high elves.

1 Like

We don’t need Darkfallen. One token evil sidekick is enough. Just accept Ion giving you serveral no’s as answers and move on with your life.

We don’t need any other new races at all. The new allied races are already over used. Let it slow.

Dave Kosak said: “We don’t have that many cross-breeds in the universe”, that means that there are some mixed races in the universe, but he does not mention the numbers, population. He also tweeted that there are no Half-races, that would have established lore, which is not true, we know of Mok’Nathal and Half-elves were described on RPG book (for the Alliance). That source is not canon anymore though, but it is still the only source that gives us any insight about them, since all the others are lacking in details of any kind (and from what we can say, Half elves exist).

As for Before the Storm novel, when Kalec explains, why he has Half-elven form as humanoid, there is written that not many of them runs around. That is just too vague, High elves should be nearly non-existant, so where is the line?

From the RPG book, we know that they live mostly in big cities, where they can blend or they choose to live a solitary life away from the others prolly because of their identity crisis, hence why they do not interact with others as much and why they might be considered rarer.

Nothing is really in details, so it leaves a lot of free space. The addition of this pureblood/halfblood race could justify the use of different models, it can give new lore, while continuing the already existing etc.

I can see this happening much more likely that the addition of High elves purely.

They can choose more neutral term, even Quel’dorei might be enough. I know that Quel’dorei=High elves=Highborne, but in elvish languages dorei means children, so it can refer maybe to more races that just elves? (it might be term used for elves by elves only) I am not sure about this though.

Blizzard is going to always add something, be it new models, races, customisation, classes or maybe even specs. But right now, from what Ion said, it is quite challenging to balance all 36 specs, while new races does not require as much work from long term perspective.

1 Like

Only possible race which can trigger me to pay transfer is Quilboar, when I hear their adorable squeeel sound when you hit them or they hits you <3

It was…a pretty solid reason, to be honest. Lets examine it from their perspective. Your ruling monarch takes out troops, fights for a confederation that at this point he is not actually contractually bound to do so Said representative of a head of state then illegally seizes him and gives him to a -third power- for Incarceration. I mean this is beyond …I mean there isn’t even a precedent, it kind of exceeds War Crimes, there literally is not a precedent for what Garithos did. What he did was…wow, world changing, and he paid the price for it. I mean that was mind bending stuff…

The Humans also seem to have vastly changed their values, for the worse, and those Troll are Darkspear, also enemies of the Amani, so both allies of the Sin’dorei, and a people who have never warred upon them…

Really? Do you really believe this? What do you think Primal means? I mean the clues are in the NPC text. Like every other Horde race, they -Are- Primal, just people think of Primal as Planet of the Apes breast beating without realising what the word means. Good Grief the Blood Elves are -horribly Primal!- Their entire culture is now based upon a feeling that the world did them wrong and they need to repay it, and a violent desire to see that wrong repaid.

I really don’t know how much more Primal you can get!

Or do they need leather and spikes?

You play on Argent Dawn for goodness sake! You play the faction that has 70% of the playerbase, and you want -more-? My Gods man, going by your maths and the Server maths, that’s less than 6% Blood Elves… Six Percent. Just saying that again. Good grief, no need for this Alliance fad, I get that their Allied Races are cooler, but no need to brag about it and request a limitation on a core race!

2 Likes

Playing on Argent Dawn doesn’t affect group pool in LFG. And with sharding it feels the same on both Alliance and Horde side, minus the massive amount of groups in Horde LFG due to Horde being majority overall.

I was on about War Mode. The RP Realms are sharded into their own War Mode, and in the RP Realms the ratio is reversed, the only one with a relatively balanced ratio Was Defias Brotherhood, every other RP PvP or PvE realm was Alliance heavy.

The reasoning for this, is because the RP Realms -do- operate separately from the other realms and are only sharded with other RP Realms, mainly because of the disruption this was causing in Roleplay, especially in Stormwind and Orgrimmar. People complained about it in the EU and obviously nothing happened, then the American market realised it was ruining RP and -they- complained, so Blizzard promptly removed Sharding from RP Servers. Its still in place on ‘normal’ servers. If you’re seeing people from non RP Servers when in Warmode then they have been invited there, by someone from an RP Server.

Warmode is not nearly as important as a pool of players to choose from. If you write nighthold in LFG, you’ll see more groups on Horde, if you write “Siege of boralus”, you might see 4-10 groups on Alliance, 10-30 on Horde.

Fair enough, PvP isn’t massively my scene anyway, so you’re likely right, I only really dabbled in Warmode at the start, then got fed up of being chased around by a horde, heh, of Alliance characters, and as my PC is a Geriatric Potato (Though still valiantly going after 11 years) I rarely use LFG, purely down to the fact that by the time my loading screen loads up, the Group have assumed I am inactive and kicked me! So I’ll take your word for it on that one.

1 Like

Oh, Alodi is/was a Half-Elf? I thought he was a Human, as he is looks like one in game…

Common Blizz, how difficult is it to make him have pointy ears like Nozdormu :disappointed:

Yeah, Alodi was Half-Elven, and I think Blizz just change their minds now and then, so like, Arator has an Elven model, but Kalecgos who is supposedly Half Elven in his non Dragon form, uses a Human model, I think Alodi was the same.

1 Like

I hate the quilboar and their alert the krull. When i’m just trying to farm some ore. I cannot wait for Patch 8.2 where we can use Flying mounts then.

The real faction conflict is in this thread, not in BFA.

5 Likes

To be fair, it’s entirely possible that you get Half-Elves who look like Humans and Half-Elves that look like elves. Depends on which genes they get more of :stuck_out_tongue:

Kalecgos has unique Half-elven model (at least is is stated), though tbh he looks just like human with blue hair, but that is caused by: colour of the scales = hair colour in humanoid form for dragons. In comparison Nozdormu looks a bit more Half-elfish with the beard and the brown hair colour, which hasn’t been seen on elf in the game (which is also caused by the fact, that he is Bronze dragon)

They do not have a proper Half-elf model, so they go with either human or elven one, again Kalec should be a half-elf, but nothing really makes him seem so.

Anyway Humans and Thalassian elves are not as different as other races, so if Half-elves were introduced in the game, the model should prolly pass as a bit bulkier elf or slenderer human, hence why I think that creating this one playable race featuring both pureblood elves (High elves) and half-elves (mixed origin) could work, with the differences being in the facial options and of course in the length and structure of the ears, since this feature is the one, which stands out the most.

Even Lor’themar Theron’s new model is bulkier and his face is broader than of the other Blood elves, which means there is a bit more variety, which ofc, if this was a species in real world, would be logical. But from the game’s perspective the most likely reason is that he is a Farstrider?

3 Likes

Sorry if I’m changing the topic or something, but I just found this piece of artwork… it’s just sublime. It really expresses what many of us Void Elf characters feel right now.

https://www.deviantart.com/yagihikaru/art/Mirror-to-the-past-749848584

6 Likes