Quest Reward Error

So a friend of mine chose the wrong quest reward after handing in the Onyxia head. Stupid mistake and he admits it’s his own fault.

However, he immediately contacted support and was told there is no way it can be swapped/exchanged etc which is just absolute ridiculous. There really should be a system implemented for mistakes like this, especially as it is classic and only 1 of the rewards is viable for your class.

I still don’t quite know how he managed to select the wrong reward, could be a mixture of English not being his first language and just the stress of irl problems that are currently affected a lot of us.

Sadly that’s him done now, quitting the game over a mistake and a not very helpful customer service team - just a generic cut and paste reply not event he chance to type to a human being.

This post will probably go unnoticed in the void of WoW forums but I’d like to know what other peoples thoughts are, and hopefully it’ll be constructive criticism and not just abuse at the mistake of someone who already feels they have been kicked in the guts.

Thanks for reading, or not reading in most cases.

Toodle-pip.

Your friend, k.

Well then I hope he enjoys his new trinket. Blizzard is not gonna fix it for him. If he wants that necklace so badly, reroll a new warrior to grab the necklace on.

Seems a shame - but to be frank you have to click multiple buttons to confirm the reward you want

We make mistakes we live with them

I don’t think Blizzard have ever been able to change quest rewards you choose wrong. They used to restore deleted items but I have read that they dont even do that anymore.

Yeah, he knows. And he has to now live with his consequences.

It’s just a shame when something so simple can ruin an experience.

Yeah, you’re correct. Still a bullsh*t decision.

Choosing a different reward does not “ruin” the experience.

If your friend is quitting over not being able to get a particular best-in-slot item then he probably was not enjoying the game anyway.

Ofc it can. It could leave you bummed out and deflated. Some people handle things differently.

I don’t disagree on the second part though, and because we’re not min-max wankers we’ve convinced him not to quit.

I once had a GM trade a reward for another when I jacked up. This was a long time ago, however. TBC days. Dunno if they give a dang nowadays.

This is the point I was making - it sucks - but you learn from it and move on

WoW is approaching 16 years old - it will always be around I think - and I’m not aware of any levelling quest rewards that are BiS for a class - so it’s not going to be a gamebreaker

The min/max thing has always confused me anyway

Some lock BiS items don’t even feature on Icyveins or WoWhead - Cap of the Scarlet Savant paired with Eye of the Beast - huge raid damage increase for the lock team - never gets mentioned

Aye lad, I concur.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.