Question about Flight points

I am levelling an alliance Rogue and noticed something odd while on the way to level my lockpicking in the boat neat Ratchett so I can do the poison quest. Btw on a side note why is the Alliance poison quest far easier than the Horde one?

I got all the flight points apart from Azshara from Darkshore to Ratchett and when I did, the flight point in Ratchett does not connect to anywhere else. I then read about getting the Theramore one and when I did it opened up the direct flight point to Auberdine and to Astranaar.

How is that possible? Before I report it as a bug I was just wondering if anyone remembers this from Vanilla, which would mean it’s an intentional reproduction of a bug.

It is not in the sticky WoW Classic “Not A Bug” List - #6 by Aerythlea-2611

Yep, I’ve noticed this too. I finished that Ashenvale quest that takes you to The Barrens to kill the summoner guy (forgot the name of the quest) and, as is my habit, immediately went to Ratchet in order to get the flight point. Was surprised to find that it didn’t lead anywhere.

I honestly cannot remember for sure if it was like this is 2005-2006, it was so long ago.

I do recall doing a lot of exploring on my first ever WoW character back, running through the mysterious Barrens to Ratchet at around level 17ish, using an online travel guide to plan the route because I wanted to see Booty Bay… and I must have picked up the flight path in Ratchet first… and as far as distant memory serves it was useable; but then again it’s equally likely that I am misremembering.

Being able to fly from Ratchet to Auberdine and Astranaar should indeed be classified as a bug. The Ratchet flight master was introduced in 1.11, but only included these flight paths:

• Crossroads - Ratchet
  • Theramore - Ratchet
  • Ratchet - Talendris Point

Ratchet to Astranaar was introduced in 2.1.0, not sure about Aubderdine.

Very few things are. The US one have some more entries, but it’s not listed there either. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-classic-“not-a-bug”-list-updated-feb-19-2020

Edit: Just checked ingame. There is no direct path from Auberdine and Astranaar to Ratchet if you have the Azshara flight point (Talendris Point) and Theramore.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.