Question concerning non-rp players

and you are completely correct, of course. If you just drown out the RPers on an RP server the general attitude will no doubt change because said RPers won’t want to be there anymore.

See: every other EU-WoW RP realm, trade district and its horde counterpart, Goldshire, and so on.

The question is why you think this is a positive in some way.

18 Likes

I never said you couldn’t speak up, the only thing I have pointed on is the rudeness. Generally when you meet people with a negative attitude you won’t find a situation getting any better from my experience.

Take my statement to heart if you wish XD I know what I believe and have explained it to you in detail.

I’m not here to please the whole forums and I’m not here to change attitude, I was merely pointing out what might change an attitude, but I would like to help one person on our server that isn’t feeling so great right now and is thinking of transferring, even though they have said they would like to RP and by moving might not even RP.

I litterally only the other day had an oocer on this forum log a classic alt to call me mentaly ill along side a barrage of insults because i had the nerve to tell him his name was violating the naming policy.

Do we really need more of that?

3 Likes

Here a suggestion maybe… How about a guild that combines rp and pve. I do think that’s the sort of guilds that should be advertise, no pure pve ones.

1 Like

I think as long as people aren’t breaking the rules which Blizzard have set out for the game or the forums, then really for me it is out of my hands, they can post what they like whether it’s RP or not. That’s just me though and it’s not that I want that to happen either, I have said in previous comments, I was pointing out what naturally happens when something like that does. There is even a chance it might happen in the future, potentially, I don’t think me pointing out the way it works means that I want it to happen, nor that it will happen.

What I said wasn’t in a positive or negative light, if anything it was neutral.

1 Like

Speaking entirely for myself, there were times when I suffered RP burnout and stuck to PvE, but kept playing on Argent Dawn because of the pleasant and mature community (and because I was attached to my existing characters).

As long as you don’t disrupt RP and don’t pick an immersion-breaking character name, I see no problem with it.

7 Likes

If that’s the case, fair enough. The way you phrased it initially gave me the impression you’d consider it a positive development if it were to happen.

sadly the rules alone don’t nearly suffice re: actually keeping RP communities intact :pensive:

doesn’t help that Blizz hates enforcing them.

yeah p much.

If you don’t treat RPers like zoo exhibits and aren’t called xxvapeweed420godqtxx i think most people will not really have a strong opinion on you any way whatsoever

1 Like

The entire reason I have this attitude is because I no longer care how OOCers might feel. You can only take so much disruption before you stop caring about being nice to them.

You did. I still disagree with it, and I will stand by calling you out on it.

Please read the post properly.

2 Likes

The Role-Play Realm is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing.

When you aren’t interested in Role-Play, picking a normal realm instead of a Role-Play one is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To not roll on a RP realm as a non-RPer is objectively right. There are no situations other than dire lack of knowledge in which a non-RPer rolls on a RP realm. Simultaneously, it is not illegal to roll on an RP realm as a Non-RPer. Therefore a role-play realm presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it. No one will punish you as a non-RPer if you roll on an RP realm, no one will suspend or ban you if you keep playing on it without an interest in RP and you gain nothing from rerolling to another realm. You must not roll on an RP realm as a non-RPer out of the goodness of your own heart. You must not roll on an RP realm as a non-RPer because it is the wrong thing to do. Because it is not correct.

A person who is unable to do this is no better than an animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by threatening them with law and the force that stands behind it.

The Role-Play Realm is what determines whether a person is a good or bad member of society.

On a related note I’m so glad to see how many ppl here haven’t had to transfer (more than once) because their original RP realms died out thanks in part to the pro-OOCer mentality on display here.

3 Likes

For me it was more like an open ended question, where you’re not sure whether something like that would happen or work, kind of like a hypothetical, if that makes sense.

Agreed, I think there should be a way where the RP community can put forth ideas to make sure that their communities are better. I think RP servers should have more rules as there is a reason why most of us have come here. However, if we have similar rules to a PvE or PvE server then it kind of sets us back a bit, if that makes sense. I don’t really know how anyone would even go about suggesting it to Blizzard, but I am sure there are lots of people who would like that.

I think most people would be content with Blizzard just enforcing the name rule more, and ridding the server of the dead-head idiots that think trolling RPers is funny.

Anything more than that, and ‘popular’ votes start causing issues and divides within an already dwindling community.

9 Likes

I’m not an OOCer. We are both RPers.

I have also read the post properly, just because someone says “and I’ll probably only do pve” isn’t “I am only going to do PvE”. They are just saying that is something they will probably do, but for me, they have mentioned RP beforehand so I take it more as I will PvE, but if RP catches my eye I might check it out. The OP doesn’t dislike RP from his post.

there actually was a pretty good set of rules (though seldom enforced) up on blizz’s site somewhere regarding RP realms, but it has been quietly spirited away during some format change or another.

Off the top of my head it was:
no wacky names
don’t disrupt RP
don’t use spatial chats for OOC stuff
and a few others I can’t immediately remember

If these were actually upheld consistently I’m sure people would have a much less negative outlook on non-RPers on AD.

big agree

6 Likes

Why am I not surprised to see a post like this from a Night Warrior night elf player?

3 Likes

Yeah, I remember that from playing for so long. It feels like over the years though that Blizzard cares less and less and treat us more like a PvE server if anything.

I think RP zones would be great, maybe Blizzard can make levelers without flying have it temporarily over the RP zone so they can get by without disturbing the RPers? I think that would be cool. I thought about it the other day when I was leveling a mage without flying and trying to avoid and jump around all the RPers.

Never claimed otherwise.

I’m simply not optimistic when it comes to ‘maybes’

in general i think people don’t really mind the odd leveler running by, so it wouldn’t make a big difference and would only serve to feel like a pen the RPers are kept in

The issue is more people that grab their mammoths and start stomping around on RPers

also LOL what is this

https://gyazo.com/241e7dc771a29e060e172030c6d54069

sorry blizzgods for talking to someone for 2+ messages

I think this would have the same issue as RP zones where it feels more like a pen/territory RPers are kept in than anything actually helpful.

1 Like

I think instead of this, an rp mode… with no mobs and we can actually use instances like WAycrest manor for rp.

2 Likes

https://tenor.com/bgkjE.gif

Would be the response from Activision-Blizzard on the idea of more policing for RP realms. At this point I would be content with an ignore function that just makes that person someone I can’t interact with - can’t whisper them, target them, can’t see their messages in /S or /Y they’re invisible etc. As it stands now I’m sending upwards of 20 reports a day for inappropriate character names just passing from Elysian Hold and Oribos and I can see that nothing changes. We’re simply too small a customer base to bother catering to compared to xXChadgodXx of WeWipeU to go out of the way to keep happy.

7 Likes

True, it was in SW though so I felt a bit enclosed XD Is probably why. The mammoths are annoying, most definitely. I tend to not RP in SW much, but might have a look properly on a humie char. There always seems to be so many people :o

I think Blizzard are jealous and trying to keep us apart :confused: