Quitting WoW

you like buzzwords?

1 Like

You’re just proving my point. People are ignorant about these things and it has in some sectors become normal, in other words the big stores doing that have completely destroyed the little man that owned small markets.
That caused us not having choices anymore about where should we go to get the groceries from, except “those 3 supermarkets”.

Yes, I write now because I’ve gotten old enough to start realising these things better and because I feel it on my skin, also by working in a similar atmosphere where I’m actually a bit more successful than the others but still feeling it on my skin and having eyes opened to the “lower tier” of workers where for them it’s even worse.

3 Likes

This comment is so dumb I hope you are not part of the workforce yet.

Here: “Activision Blizzard employees earn $65,000 annually on average”. You’re welcome for a free internet search.

1 Like

aye people like dreamkore acts gangsta until life effects them eventually by todays development no one will be spared ^^ maybe abit to far but you get the point

2 Likes

mind elaborating? when was i arrogant? you just called me stupid because i said it wasn’t my place to get all worked up over something i have no control over or stake in

do you go around worrying about everything you have 0 power over in your life? you must be stressed out

I would edit out your TLDR to something that wont cause your thread to be removed or you to be punished.

I admire what you are doing, it is a shame the way they are treating their staff.

Best of luck in your gaming adventures, wherever they may take you :four_leaf_clover:

7 Likes

Since you made such a topic about the game and the company you actually care I guess.

I don’t care who they fire or how corrupt the company is and I suggest you to do the same. You seem unnecessarily emotional about this which is for naught.

You can protest by not playing this game, by not following any WoW or ActiBlizzard related game news etc. You must not sub to their channels on youtube or give them any clicks.

If you are really disturbed by their attitude and you wanna really protest then these are what you should do.

As Chief Executive Officer at ACTIVISION BLIZZARD INC, Robert A. Kotick made $30,122,896 in total compensation. Of this total $1,756,731 was received as a salary, $2,870,966 was received as a bonus, $19,137,241 was received in stock options, $6,269,752 was awarded as stock and $88,206 came from other types of compensation. This information is according to proxy statements filed for the 2019 fiscal year.

$1,756,731

Base Pay

$2,870,966

Bonus + Non-EquityIncentive Comp

$4,627,697

Total Cash Comp

$6,269,752

Stock Award Value

$19,137,241

Option Award Value

$25,406,993

Total Equity

$88,206

Total Other

$30,122,896

Total Compensation

4 Likes

no you cant be worrying about things that is not in your control its harmful, no i dont see a point in it, its very hard to win an argument with a intelligent person but its impossible to win an argument with a moron, night.

CEOs of very successful companies making a lot of money! Gasp!

If you can convince the board you’d do a better job I’m sure you can get hired and donate all those earnings to the alcoholic panda bears of Morocco or something

sweet dreams einstein

1 Like

im not ignorant about it, i just admit i dont really care

nor do i particularly care for all the other poor people around the world that work for chumpchange all day to make all kinds of stuff i use daily…

because if i start to care, and i mean really care life would become very difficult

1 Like

I’m quitting WoW when SL arrives almost certainly, and mostly for the reasons you listed. I think quitting is the right choice, and luckily, I disapprove enough of the game’s direction, that I’ll be fine with leaving.

There is an ever growing problem in this world with greed, capitalism enabled the greediest people to rise to power, people at the top have become the worst, sub-human byproducts of a society that enables, atimes even glorifies greed. At this point the world is set up to create perfect consumers, to fatten the wallets at the top. There is a handful of people in this world who are rich to the point that they, single handedly, could solve almost all of the most pressing problems of today, they simply don’t care to. At this point money and power has become an obsession for these people, and the capitalist setup helps these people reach the highest.

Bobby Kotick is a prime example of these slimy people, and I definitely hate thinking about giving money to any of these people (that’s why I generally try to avoid big triple A companies in all areas).

The problem is, as you can even see in this very thread most people are ignorant about these issues, either by lack of brainpower to recognize them, or willfully ignoring them, which enables this even further, to the point that I don’t think you can stop this process at this point, before it implodes on itself. Capitalism was never going to work in the way that it’s being used, there is limited amount of ‘capita’ available in the world, and if people are allowed to amass endless amounts of it, that’s very clearly not a sustainable model, it leads to the gaps between people’s capita that exists today, and it only grows wider every passing year. It’s not like CEO-s work 300-500 times harder than their employees, they just successfully managed to little by little increase the difference in wages every year.(Bobby Kotick earns over 300 times more than the average wage at ActiBlizz which is already super skewed because that average wage, of course, includes them.)

The problem is, and I’ve given this a fair bit of thought myself, I don’t see a way out of this. The whole modern world is set up under these principles, under these misguided values, and people are blinded to this intentionally, some who can still see it are willfully ignoring it, I personally don’t see a way to turn it around. I feel the best bet is to go to a country that seems to follow the best ideologies for the time being (Scandinavian countries, Canada, New Zealand, Iceland, Switzerland, Netherlands, countries like that) and hope you can hide away at these seemingly normal places long enough so humanity’s self destructive behaviour doesn’t catch up to you in your lifetime.

Sorry for the wall of text, love y’all.

8 Likes

its happening everywhere in the west and yeah even in scandinavia, their number one weapon is social media and are slowly and have for many years brainwashed youths and the next generation who doesnt know anything better and havent experienced life before internet became a major platform in life, i could write a essay on the matter but it would just not be worth it, you seem to be a person whos got it all figured out its good your on the right side.

2 Likes

Every word here is worth gold. Every thought that I wanted to express and coudn’t is here. Thanks for this, now I can go to sleep :smile:

4 Likes

Great text, I agree with you. I come from a family of workers, many of my loved ones used to work for slimy companies where they were exploited (luckily they have jobs now that treat them properly.) so seeing stuff like this first-hand makes you think. While I love WoW and have for many years, I feel guilty knowing that my money goes to higher ups that exploit and fire people for profit.
I might eventually unsub as well.

5 Likes

Kotick is an opportunistic, greedy little capitalist. Nothing will change that. He would rather squeeze out every possible penny from self-given bonuses than give a damn about any peon on the lower rungs.

Blizzard won’t last long under his control.

Yes, businesses are there to make money, but basic common decency won’t make a company go under.

See: Satoru Iwata

Blizzard aren’t failing. But Kotick, Wilson and the like WILL cut you off to boost their bonus package.
Look no further than the Blizz layoffs happening last year and Kotick taking a tasty pay bump at the same time.

5 Likes

Your absolutely right no one gives a damn whether you stay or go.

It’s less likely control more likely french worker rights.

French can “stick it to the man” more then most countries alot of people who did manage in France have complained they couldn’t get rid of anyone, if they did anything they were threatened with striking and more.

We can applaud worker rights in France as much as we want, but companies from outside France aren’t gonna wanna abide by them. which means they eventually gonna yeet out.

I ain’t gonna defend their actions. They will get a good pay out of this though atleast

They coulda atleast postponed this til after covid atleast so they didn’t put people out mid crisis.

But I think this is closer to the reasoning

Blizzard is Blizzard by name only, the company and people who originally made it left to become Dreamhaven.

3 Likes