Radiant Echoes Improvements Are Now Live

so ignoring the MAIN problem then? the most major concern that literally EVERYONE complains about the LAG! the lag is so bad that it results in no currency rewards from killing the bosses (yet we still get credit for the kill as shown by the fact ppl can hand the quest in)

4 Likes

exactly and the lag is diffidently causing the event system to think that 99% of players aren’t doing it and get no loot at all each time we do it…

1 Like

aye well we do, so dont tamper with that

3 Likes

I fear this is going to become a thing during TWW.

Warbands! With strings attached :wink:

Also: it is for your own benefit! they protect us from the feeling of necessity, remember

1 Like

“we’re more alt friendly than ever!” they proudly proclaim whilst messing up alts

3 Likes

Sounds great on paper… but if they don’t fix the lags… don’t even bother? It’ll still be a mess.

Truth be told, the other two were OK today, with only some lags with the final bosses. But Northrend was literally unplayable and didn’t even drop the reward.

2 Likes

These are decent changes I guess but a few things I’d like to add:

1. Making the quest account-wide is a huge nerf to the acquisition rate for people with even a few alts. I personally think it should be a choice whether you want to grind it on alts or not.

2. The one thing you guys haven’t mentioned is the awful, unplayable state of the event itself. I’m getting up to 5-6s of delay on my spells because of the server side lag. Everyone else has the same problem. Please shard the instances properly or do something to reduce the number of people/events going on at once. I’d much rather have less people and be able to do my rotation and take longer to kill the boss than everyone not being able to do their rotation and then semi-afking out of frustration and the boss taking even longer to die as a result.

4 Likes

Can we hold it for a moment with our complains and praise that Blizzard keeps on listening and communicating? Compared to before, the recent months have been a prime example of communication improvements.

That and the more active moderation of the forums. Keep it going, lads! You are doing good.

1 Like

This was always going to be a thing because it’s like the second lecture in How To Play Alts 101. Seriously, how did they not predict players would do this?

its raid groups

be vocal before the events. discourage them
had a few where people have listened and they’re been smooth (not to mention considerably quicker)

but for the most part the human race is awful and as such they continue to do it, whilst moaning about the lag…

yeah blizzard need to be better, but at the same time if you’re contributing to it whilst moaning about it… hell mend ye

Thanks, but I’m less bothered by the frequence of the event. I think that is fine. What isn’t fine is that this fix will only really benefit organised groups as it looks. What would be better in my opinion is to not make the 6 batches appear all at once. When I am lucky I get loot from 2 of those. In part because the most advanced players strongarm the heck out of these things then rush and finish them before much can be done because irrationally the mobs are tagged on top and not free for all…I know this is going to be patchwork fixing but still, more and faster is not what I am lookig for. All I want is an actual chance to make the most out of this.
It’s a similarly frustrating experience as is Remix dungeons/raids (esp the further it went in), certain types rush everything and everyone who can’t keep up is doomed to miss out and repeat this sh*t for the next attempts.

Just making it faster and recycling the batch mobs is pretty much redundant when most people get in there on start and the “event” is done in less then 10 if not 5 minutes. I’m just glad the bosses can take a hit. Presumably, as has been the case in other previous events, everyone who gets in late has to scramble to try and find other players to finish the respawned batches because they are no pushovers for those NOT already done with everything else. The single currency gain from trash mobs sure is laughable though. But with the increased quest frequency from weekly to daily it’s probably still feasibly doable to get all the more costly rewards.

Obviously this has to be worked on but I hope this isn’t just going to be fixed for the diehards and tryhards. I repeat myself but, the event frequency is fine. They’re gonna get faster in the next weeks anyway! Especially for someone like me who still has to do other things in and outside of WoW, a little more time inbetween is good, given how much I still have to do in Remix and Dragonflight before The War Within actually hits.

Please stop feeding the peopel who can’t have everything fast enough. They’re speedrunning everything on their own already, don’t make it even easier for them and harder for everyone else.

1 Like

I’ve heard a few people mention raid groups as the problem but I’m not so sure.

I always do the events solo anyway but what makes you think it’s raid groups other than anecdote?

I’m not a programming expert and I don’t understand how the game’s code works but why would raid groups be an issue? Is it because it forces more people into that shard? If that’s the case, why wouldn’t the game compensate for that by shunting solo players and smaller groups into other shards?

Imo I don’t really care about the cause, in my opinion it’s Blizzard’s job to fool-proof (literally in some cases) the game against player behaviours and people daring to do the event in a raid group should not be enough to lag the server this much.

1 Like

Well this is certainly a improvent. Just one small question. The people that have suffered yesterday and today that have completed it or had to wait hours to only to see it bugged will they somehow be rewarded? If not thats okay i can understand that it will be difficult to find who comppleted it already.

1 Like

my mains on draenor

its pretty busy

if 5 people decide to start a group and put it in GF, that pulls in nearly 200 people from all over into the one space thats not designed to hold them. on top of the players already there

that clogs up the server, and as a result it starts lagging

the same thing happened with almost every DF outdoor event. everyone went into raid groups despite there being no need, lag was silly. people realised this after a while and the number of raid groups went waaay down (there’s always a few holdouts) and as a result it stopped lagging

i’ve done a few bosses in this where no groups were about and the whole event took about 5-6 mins

when hundreds are crammed into a tiny wee space, it take about 15 mins. and half the time folk dont get loot

there is literally no benefit to being in a raid group. but the sheep keep going it.

i’d ban them for trolling

I just played a bit on the PTR, so hereby my honest opinion. It feels a lot better. Instead of having to be there at exactly a specific time, together with a gazillion other people, otherwise you are too late, you can now just hop in, clear some memories, kill the boss and repeat if you want.

However, there are two MAJOR issues on live that I don’t see acknowledged nor addressed:

• Humongous lag. As the amount of people on the PTR was limited, I didn’t see if this will be improved, so that is on Blizzard to better manage (more sharding for example)
  • On live it happens that loot does not drop at all. So no gear, no crests and also no currency. From the 18 events I did on live, at least half of them did not drop loot, not even currency. Absolutely nothing at all. This MUST be fixed as well. Otherwise you go from a major disappointment once per 90 minutes to a major disappointment every 10-15 minutes
1 Like

If the lagg fiesta will get improved im fine with this too.

That’s absolutely awesome, thanks for listening!!!

Nice one! More or less the same as DF pre-patch but that was much better.

1 Like

This is how it should have been on launch. From now on just play content a week after it comes out.

3 Likes

Impressed by the quick changes, thank you these are very good news!

Pretty please now, there’s an emergency regarding the Landfall achievement on Remix (and reputation gain being drastically low (bugged), please we need a fix to be able to get the amazing class ensembles :pray:
(I personally will be away for the next two weeks and would probably be very dramatic about missing the sets…)

edit: it’s fixed, thanks sooo much <3